In an airtight container, it should last 3 – 4 months in the back of your refrigerator. If you seal your jars properly in your mason jars, they can last up to three years. Properly sealed jars of moonshine do not need to be stored in the refrigerator until they are opened.
How do you store moonshine?
- Avoid Sunlight. Another key tip for storing moonshine is to keep it away from direct sunlight. Whether your moonshine is stored in a glass or plastic container, the sun’s UV rays will penetrate through and literally cook the contents of the container.
- 1 Does moonshine go bad?
- 2 How long before moonshine goes bad?
- 3 Does moonshine get stronger the longer it sits?
- 4 Does moonshine have to be refrigerated?
- 5 What part of moonshine is toxic?
- 6 What is the best fruit to put in moonshine?
- 7 Can you put fruit in a thump keg?
- 8 How did people go blind from moonshine?
- 9 How long can you keep moonshine in a jar?
- 10 Does moonshine improve with age?
- 11 Do you drink moonshine cold or warm?
- 12 How long can you leave fruit in moonshine?
- 13 How do you know if moonshine is bad?
- 14 Does moonshine get you drunk?
- 15 Why was moonshine made illegal?
- 16 Does Moonshine Go Bad? What You Should Know
- 17 How Long Does Moonshine Stay Good For?
- 18 How Do You Know When Moonshine Goes Bad?
- 19 What Happens If You Drink Bad Moonshine?
- 20 Does Moonshine Have to be Refrigerated?
- 21 Does Moonshine Go Bad in the Heat?
- 22 Does Moonshine Freeze?
- 23 Does Moonshine with Fruit Go Bad?
- 24 Bottom Line
- 25 Does Moonshine Go Bad?
- 26 Can moonshine expire?
- 27 Does moonshine improve with aging?
- 28 How do you store moonshine?
- 29 Summary
- 30 Does Moonshine Go Bad? How Long Does Moonshine Last? Answered
- 31 Does Moonshine Expire?
- 32 Does Moonshine Get Better With Age?
- 33 How to Store Moonshine
- 34 In Summary
- 35 How Long Does Moonshine Last? Does Moonshine Go Bad?
- 36 How Long Does Moonshine Last? Does Moonshine Go Bad?
- 37 How to Tell if Moonshine is Bad?
- 38 Conclusion
- 39 Apple Pie Moonshine – simple to make and loaded with flavor
- 40 What is Moonshine?
- 41 How Do You Make Apple Pie Moonshine?
- 42 How long does flavored moonshine last?
- 43 Like this moonshine recipe? Try these cocktails:
- 44 Homemade Apple Pie Moonshine Recipe:
- 45 Can Moonshine Go Bad? Everything You Need To Know About Moonshine – Liquid Bread Mag
- 46 What is the shelf life of moonshine?
- 47 Signs of when a moonshine goes bad
- 48 Is it dangerous to drink bad moonshine?
- 49 What does methanol do?
- 50 How to store moonshine
- 51 What about moonshine in the heat?
- 52 Can I freeze moonshine?
- 53 Can flavored moonshine go bad?
- 54 What about moonshine mixed with fruit?
- 55 Final words
- 56 Best Apple Pie Moonshine Recipe
- 57 Why This Apple Pie Moonshine Recipe Works
- 58 Expert Tips for Making Apple Pie Moonshine Recipe
- 59 Looking for More Homemade Moonshine Recipes
- 60 Items You Need to MakeApple Pie Moonshine Recipe
- 61 Does apple pie moonshine have to be refrigerated???
- 62 Homemade Apple Pie Moonshine
- 63 Easy Apple Pie Moonshine Recipe
- 64 What kind of liquor goes into moonshine?
- 65 What You’ll Need
- 66 How to Make Apple Pie Moonshine
- 67 Tips for Success
- 68 Serving Suggestions
- 69 How to Store
- 70 More Holiday Drink Recipes:
- 71 Apple Pie Moonshine
Does moonshine go bad?
Although different sources will say different things, the answer for whether moonshine can go bad or not is clear – a bottle of unflavored moonshine, much like other plain spirits, has an indefinite shelf life.
How long before moonshine goes bad?
So, does moonshine go bad? In short, moonshine, like other plain spirits, does not really go bad. This means moonshine has an indefinite shelf life, unless you are dealing with a flavored option (which can spoil as a result of its high sugar density).
Does moonshine get stronger the longer it sits?
If you just leave it in the jar or bottle, it neither gains nor loses strength. But if it’s real moonshine, it might eat its way through the glass.
Does moonshine have to be refrigerated?
Moonshine doesn’t require refrigeration for storage but storing your moonshine in a fridge won’t damage your spirits. The only elements that can change your moonshine are light, heat, and oxygen if your bottle is opened. If your moonshine is exposed to any of these elements, the flavor can be affected.
What part of moonshine is toxic?
Methyl alcohol (methanol) is the bad stuff that could be found in moonshine (or any distilled spirit for that matter). Pure methanol is very dangerous and it is definitely able to cause blindness and even kill people. As little as 10 ml of pure methanol could blind someone and as little as 30 ml could kill someone.
What is the best fruit to put in moonshine?
But you can subdue its potent taste by flavoring it with almost any fruit, including watermelon, peach, strawberry, raspberry, apple, lime or lemon. Just remember to add your fruit of choice while making the moonshine in order to avoid reducing the alcohol content.
Can you put fruit in a thump keg?
This is the thumper liquid and it is meant to COOL the vapor that comes in from your pot still. If you want to infuse extra flavor into your moonshine, you can also add fruits, herbs, or spices at this stage. You can choose to add fruit peel, herbs, spices, and mashed ripe fruit directly into your thumper keg.
How did people go blind from moonshine?
One common concern with moonshine is lead poisoning, which has been linked to blindness. Today the most common cause of blindness from drinking is methanol. Methanol, otherwise known as methyl alcohol or wood alcohol, can damage the optic nerve and even kill you in high concentrations.
How long can you keep moonshine in a jar?
Generally they will last two years unopened and about six months after opening. They will generally last longer if you store them in the fridge after opening as well.
Does moonshine improve with age?
Aging Moonshine Can Enhance Its Taste Although it is a fact that the flavored spirit can be consumed right on the very same day it is distilled, many distillers suggest that you will benefit a lot if you let your spirit sit in the bottle for one month or more in a dark place which enhances its taste.
Do you drink moonshine cold or warm?
Method 2 of 2: When you finish your moonshine drink, have a full glass of water before having another. You can drink flavored water, like coconut water or a flavored sports drink, if you don’t like the taste of plain water.
How long can you leave fruit in moonshine?
The liqueurs will have the best flavor after a few months of sitting on the shelf (aging). They will begin to lose their bright color and some flavor after one year but they will not “go bad” because the alcohol is the preservative. I usually have no problem using them up within one year.
How do you know if moonshine is bad?
Folklore tells us one way to test the purity of moonshine is to pour some in a metal spoon and set it on fire. 6 If it burns with a blue flame it is safe, but if it burns with a yellow or red flame, it contains lead, prompting the old saying, “Lead burns red and makes you dead.”
Does moonshine get you drunk?
The alcohol in moonshine is the same as that of beer, wine, gin, etc. Pick your poison, and it’s the same alcohol. It is called ethyl alcohol, or ethanol, and it’ ll get you drunk –some faster, some slower.
Why was moonshine made illegal?
So why is moonshine still illegal? Because the liquor is worth more to the government than beer or wine. Uncle Sam takes an excise tax of $2.14 for each 750-milliliter bottle of 80-proof spirits, compared with 21 cents for a bottle of wine (of 14 percent alcohol or less) and 5 cents for a can of beer.
Does Moonshine Go Bad? What You Should Know
Moonshine may be purchased for between $20 and $40 for a 750mL bottle, depending on where you shop. In the same way that other alcoholic beverages are priced, the price of moonshine is determined by its quality, quantity, and where it is purchased. When it comes to street moonshine, quarts and gallon sizes are more popular. A gallon of gas can cost anything from $30 to $100.
How Long Does Moonshine Stay Good For?
Most of the time, you won’t have to be concerned with whether or not your moonshine is still excellent. This is due to the fact that most moonshines have an unlimited shelf life, meaning they will never truly go bad as long as they aren’t exposed to light. Why? It’s actually rather straightforward. Moonshine, in contrast to most other alcoholic beverages, is substantially distilled. In addition, because moonshines that have completed the distillation process contain no sugars, they are unable to deteriorate.
But bear in mind that not all moonshines are made equal, which is a crucial distinction to remember..
Despite the fact that these moonshines may be stored for several years, they will ultimately go bad, therefore the sooner you consume them, the greater the results.
How Do You Know When Moonshine Goes Bad?
Are you unsure whether or not your moonshine has gone bad? There are a few frequent warning indicators that you should be on the lookout for. Let’s have a look at some examples:
Taking a drink of your moonshine and testing the flavor will not harm you as long as your container is properly maintained and sealed (assuming it was distilled correctly, that is). Despite the fact that moonshine is not strictly hazardous, it will have a nasty taste if it “goes bad.” A bad taste in your mouth after opening a bottle of moonshine indicates that the bottle has been sitting for a long period of time. Also see: How to Make Moonshine: A Step-by-Step Guide
Taking a drink of your moonshine and testing the flavor will not harm you as long as the container is properly maintained and sealed (assuming it was distilled correctly, that is). Despite the fact that moonshine is not technically hazardous, it will have an unpleasant taste if it “goes bad.” A bad taste in your mouth after opening a bottle of moonshine indicates that it has been sitting for an extended period of time. Also see: How to Make Moonshine: A Step-by-Step Instructional Guide
What Happens If You Drink Bad Moonshine?
Despite the fact that moonshine does not age, it is nevertheless possible to consume a tainted (or even lethal) batch. Improperly created moonshine can be hazardous from the moment it is produced until it is disposed of, even if it is disposed of many years after it was produced. According to most sources, excessive methanol concentration seen in inadequately distilled shine is the cause of this problem.
If you’re unfamiliar with the words and moonshine in general, it’s crucial to understand the distinction between the two major compounds found in the alcohol: ethanol and methanol.
Methanol, which contains just one carbon atom, is a toxic alcoholic chemical that may induce serious disease and even death if used in large quantities. Anyone who has heard of moonshiners going blind will be familiar with some of the effects that methanol may have. In addition to being dangerous in tiny amounts, methanol is also deadly, therefore drinking substandard moonshine that is high in methanol may be quite dangerous.
Ethanol is the high-quality alcoholic beverage produced by the distillation process. This liquid, which contains two carbon atoms, may be hazardous if drunk too rapidly (as anybody who has ever had their stomach pumped can attest to), but it is normally safe when consumed in moderation. ethanol is responsible for the high proof of moonshine as well as the low freezing point of the drink. ethanol To summarize, the inclusion of methanol in a faulty batch of moonshine can result in two separate outcomes:
When methanol is eaten, it destroys the optic nerve, resulting in lifelong blindness (and even sometimes during the distillation process).
Because methanol has no particular flavor, it is possible to swallow a lethal quantity of moonshine without understanding what you are doing. VERY IMPORTANT: Because incorrectly manufactured moonshine may be quite deadly, you should make certain that you are purchasing your shine from a reputable vendor in order to guarantee that it has not gone bad at any point throughout its production.
Does Moonshine Have to be Refrigerated?
Storage of moonshine in the refrigerator will not harm it, but these strong spirits should not be kept in the refrigerator at any time. There are certain advantages to refrigeration, such as the lack of light and heat, but it is preferable to save refrigerator space for more essential things (this is true whether you are using a standard refrigerator or a wine fridge). It should be noted that this only applies to pure moonshines. Even if you haven’t used up all of your flavored options, storing them in the refrigerator can help them last longer, especially if you’ve opened the bottle.
Recall that unopened flavored moonshines may remain for years even if they are not refrigerated, so this step is actually only essential for cocktails that have previously been consumed.
Does Moonshine Go Bad in the Heat?
Pure moonshine does not “go bad” in the heat if it has been properly proofed, stored, and sealed. At least, not in the usual understanding of the term. Because they lack the required elements for bacterial development, these powerful distilled spirits will never go bad—but they will alter with time, especially if they are exposed to light and heat. For the most part, this implies that while moonshine will not spoil in the heat, the flavor may vary slightly. This is due to the fact that the chemicals that make up the moonshine will loosen and separate with time, and eventually recombine in a new arrangement.
Keeping your moonshine in a cold, dark spot where it won’t become too hot is essential if you want to keep a certain flavor profile.
A wine cellar is best, but if you don’t have one, consider storing your bottles in a cold pantry, cabinet space, or basement area where they will be protected from undesirable environmental influences.
Does Moonshine Freeze?
Maintaining the temperature of your moonshine is one thing; keeping it cool is quite another. Another is to make certain that it does not freeze. Due to the high alcohol concentration (ABV) of moonshine, the latter is, fortunately, more simpler. However, while moonshine may undoubtedly be frozen, you’ll have a difficult time doing so anyplace in your house—even if you reside in Siberia.. Traditional moonshine contains around 40 percent alcohol (or 80 proof), which means it will require temperatures of -113 degrees Celsius (-235 degrees Fahrenheit) or below to actually freeze your drinkable moonshine.
In fact, the water in your moonshine will freeze long before the alcohol freezes, resulting in an even higher proof moonshine than you started with.
Does Moonshine with Fruit Go Bad?
However, although pure moonshines are never going to go bad if they are created and stored correctly, moonshines containing fruit tastes are a whole different issue. In contrast to the purer spirits, which are distilled to the point of having zero percent sugar concentration, moonshine that incorporates fruit has a disproportionately high sugar concentration. This implies that they will very certainly spoil at some time in the future, particularly if they are stored incorrectly. Let’s look at some of the reasons why moonshine might go bad if it was mixed with fruit:
If an opened and restored container has been exposed to air for an extended period of time, the alcohol will slowly evaporate over time. A progressive process that may not be evident in the near term, but which might become quite noticeable over a period of years, is taking place. This process can be accelerated by storing the alcohol in a warm environment with plenty of light. Lower alcohol level means the spirit will taste weaker and be less effective in general, but that should be the least of your concerns when it comes to flavored moonshines and aging in barrels.
The most significant issue is one of oxidation. The term “oxidation” refers to the chemical process that occurs when alcohol is exposed to air and results in changes to the atomic composition of the alcohol. It is oxidation that causes flavored beverages, such as fruit-infused moonshine, to sour and lose their flavorful character over time. If this fruit moonshine is not stored correctly, it will become undrinkable, foul-tasting, and less strong as an alcoholic beverage.
Whether you’ve discovered an old bottle of moonshine or are planning to preserve some fresh flasks of the infamous spirit for the long haul, you’ll want to know how long this infamous spirit can be kept for. If you are keeping pure, fully distilled shine, the good news is that you will be able to preserve it for an endless period of time, especially if you maintain it in the appropriate circumstances. As a result, your return on investment (ROI) in moonshine is often difficult to calculate. With flavored products, you’ll need to be extra careful with storage, but even these may survive for years if you follow the right storage rules.
All of the information you might possibly want to know about the shelf life and storage of moonshine is provided in this book. You’ll be able to maintain your good moods for years to come if you follow the advice in this article! Also see: How to Prove Moonshine in 4 Simple Steps (PDF).
Does Moonshine Go Bad?
Is it possible for moonshine to go bad? Running a big still results in a lot of shine, but how long can it be held for before it starts to fade? If you are in the need for something delectable and thought you had run out of options, discovering an unopened jar of moonshine at the back of your pantry may be a real delight. However, it is common for this finding to be accompanied with feelings of anxiety. After all, how long had it been since you’d been back there? Is the moonshine still OK for consumption?
Is it possible that it went bad during the period it was lying on the shelf?
Can moonshine expire?
The good news is that moonshine is often not subject to expiration. However, there are a few elements that might have an influence on the overall quality of your moonshine. Moonshine is sometimes referred to as clear unaged whiskey in some circles. Moonshine may be divided into two categories. These drinks are available in two varieties: plain and flavored. It is not possible to keep these two primary varieties of moonshine for the same period of time.
This is a straightforward spirit. This moonshine is distilled until there is no more sugar to be found in it. It is the purest type of moonshine, and it has an endless shelf life as long as the bottle is kept tightly closed and tightly sealed. When a normal moonshine bottle is opened, the whiskey might begin to evaporate quickly. On the plus side, because the liquid does not expire, the liquid that remains in the container will not be harmful to your health. Simple alterations in flavor or complete disappearance are all that are required.
Moonshiners like experimenting with different tastes of spirits. Fruit moonshine is a type of alcoholic beverage that includes flavors such as apple pie, cherry pie, jalapeño peach, and key lime, to name a few. Sugars and flavorings have been added to these moonshines, resulting in a distinct taste. If you leave it unopened, the flavor of the moonshiney will not alter significantly, and it will not go bad. The alcohol in unopened moonshine keeps the fruits from spoiling because it stops the whiskey from going bad.
It is possible for moonshine to go bad when opened because the moonshine evaporates, leaving the fruits prone to rotting when they are exposed to air.
It will take several years before a bottle of unopened moonshine reaches the end of its shelf life.
Does moonshine improve with aging?
Creating varied tastes of spirits is something that moonshiners like doing. Moonshine made from fruit, such as apple pie, cherry pie, jalapeño peach, and key lime, is one of the most popular. Added sugars and flavorings give these moonshines a distinct flavor from the original. If you leave it unopened, the flavor of the moonshiney will not alter significantly, and it will not spoil quickly. The alcohol in unopened moonshine keeps the fruits from spoiling because it stops the whiskey from spoiling.
It is possible for moonshine to go bad when opened because the moonshine evaporates, leaving the fruits exposed to decay. The likelihood of this occurring in the near future is slim. There are many years before a bottle of unopened moonshine reaches the end of its life expectancy.
How do you store moonshine?
Although moonshine does not require refrigeration for storage, keeping your moonshine in a refrigerator will not cause any damage to your liquor. When it comes to changing your moonshine, the only factors that can do it are light, heat, and oxygen if your bottle is unsealed. Any of these components can have an impact on the flavor of your moonshine if it is exposed to them. The ideal spot to keep your moonshine is somewhere cold and dark that doesn’t get much direct sunlight. If you leave your moonshine out in the sun or in the heat, it’s unlikely that it will spoil.
Moonshine does not have an actual expiration date. If your moonshine is exposed to light, heat, or air, the flavor and qualities will alter, but it will not become undrinkable as a result. Even an open bottle of flavored moonshine will last for many years before it begins to deteriorate in taste and quality. In spite of the fact that moonshine does not go bad, there is no real benefit to preserving this delicious drink. It is impossible for the flavor or features of your moonshine to improve with time since the spirits are not exposed to wood, which may alter their flavor and characteristics.
There is nothing wrong with keeping a large quantity of moonshine on hand as long as you understand that doing so will not boost the price of your product or improve its taste in any manner.
Does Moonshine Go Bad? How Long Does Moonshine Last? Answered
Is it possible for moonshine to go bad? Moonshine, like all other basic spirits, has no expiration date. In any case, unless you’re drinking flavored moonshine, in which case the additional sugars might make it less shelf-stable. In 2010, the United States legalized moonshine, which was formerly used to refer to any illicit, home-brewed liquor. Today, it refers to whiskey that is clear and unaged.
Does Moonshine Expire?
Standard moonshine and flavored moonshine are the two main categories of moonshine. The length of time your moonshine will last is determined on the type of moonshine you have.
Standard moonshine, like most other basic spirits — such as rum, whiskey, brandy, gin, and vodka — is distilled until there is no leftover sugar, resulting in a product that is shelf-stable and may be stored for an unlimited period of time if left unopened. It is possible for air to begin changing the qualities of moonshine once the bottle has been opened; evaporation may even occur; nonetheless, moonshine will not go bad or expire like fresh food or even wine.
Flavored moonshine, such as the popular apple pie moonshine, contains additional sugars that make it less shelf-stable once opened and more susceptible to expiry — but it will still be good for a long time after it has been opened and consumed (i.e., several years).
However, according to the firm Midnight Moon, the alcohol in its goods keeps the fruit fresher longer; however, it recommends against eating the fruit because it may contain a higher alcohol content than intended.
Does Moonshine Get Better With Age?
The fact that moonshine is, by definition, unaged white whiskey means that it does not undergo any maturing in oak barrels before being bottled. Because the taste attributes offered by oak are often what lead liquors to evolve over time, it’s doubtful that moonshine will improve with age — though oxidation may damage the flavors — as it does with wine. This holds true for flavored moonshine as well. So, in short, your moonshine is the best it’s ever going to be when you buy it – so enjoy it while you can!
How to Store Moonshine
It is not necessary to refrigerate moonshine, whether it is ordinary or flavored, although it will last longer if it is. Refrigerating moonshine will almost definitely not harm it. Additionally, light and heat can cause slight changes in the flavor of the liquor, which is why it’s a good idea to store it in a cool, dark spot away from direct sunlight to preserve its flavor. In addition, storing moonshine in the smallest bottle possible will assist to retain the flavor by limiting the amount of time the whiskey has to come into touch with oxygen.
Some commercial moonshines are still following in the footsteps of their forefathers by selling moonshine in canning jars today.
Is it possible for moonshine to go bad? Moonshine does not expire since it is one of the strongest alcoholic beverages available, yet exposure to light, heat, and air can alter the qualities of an opened bottle over time. Flavored moonshine, which contains sugar, is less shelf-stable than plain moonshine, but it can survive for several years after it has been opened. In contrast to wine, moonshine does not improve with age and is at its best when it is initially purchased (or make it). More information about the pricing of moonshine can be found in our article, How Much Does a Gallon of Moonshine Cost?
How Long Does Moonshine Last? Does Moonshine Go Bad?
Moonshine is an alcoholic concoction that has gained popularity among cocktail enthusiasts. The drink comprises an excessive amount of whiskey that has not been subjected to the aging process. It looks and smells beautiful on the shelf, and it has a distinct aesthetic. It is also known as white lightning, and it has a powerful scent as well as a flavor that is robust. Due to the fact that fermentation does not occur in the oak barrels that give the distinctive characteristics of whiskey, the process of producing the distilled spirit is difficult.
Furthermore, there are a large number of aficionados, and the reasons for this are obvious after tasting a liquor portion.
Consequently, if you’ve been searching through the house cabinets in search of something special to drink, moonshine is the drink for you. You need to be certain that the answer will not leave you with a sick stomach, though, because the question is still open.
How Long Does Moonshine Last? Does Moonshine Go Bad?
The alcohol level of moonshine is a crucial factor in its use, as it is far higher than the legal limit. In this way, this one-of-a-kind beverage cannot go wrong and cannot be ruined either. Despite the fact that it does not have an expiration date, certain elements do alter with time. When exposed to direct heat or sunshine, the flavor and appearance of the product might alter. In addition, if there is a significant concentration of moisture in the air, the spirit is negatively impacted. If moonshine is not properly chilled or stored in a cold, dark environment, it might even lose its flavor and scent.
- If you’re giving faded spirits as gifts to your friends and family, this is an extremely bad situation.
- Despite the fact that it is a drink reserved for a certain occasion, it must be pure in order to be truly enjoyed.
- Despite the fact that they are stored in the refrigerator, they may only be kept for a maximum of two months after being opened.
- Even if you chose to keep it somewhere other than the refrigerator, it will not have a significant impact on its quality.
- There is also unflavored moonshine, which is simpler to preserve than its flavored cousin due to its lack of flavoring.
How to Tell if Moonshine is Bad?
Because it is a powerful alcoholic beverage, moonshine is not susceptible to spoiling; nonetheless, it does tend to fall flat and lose its distinctive flavor and scent with time. Moreover, just because it’s alcohol, it doesn’t always follow that it will grow better with time. As a result of not being allowed to rest in wooden barrels, the alcohol does not age and will not age further if it is stored in any other method of storage. A substantial variation in the qualities of flavored moonshine may be observed when compared to unflavored moonshine.
As a result, if you leave a bottle unattended for an extended period of time, the sweet flavor can diminish or, even worse, decay completely.
Purchase a little quantity at initially and then gradually add more of the alcohol, if you’re getting it from a third-party vendor or retailer.
Please do not become overexcited and purchase large quantities of this beverage.
As a result, it is preferable to keep your supply under control while while maintaining a festive atmosphere. The best way to maintain themoonshine smelling and tasting fantastic is to only use little amounts of it.
To satisfy the ardent aficionado in you who has always enjoyed hoarding alcoholic beverages of your choosing, you must ensure that the longer you store moonshine, the less it will add to its characteristics. You may simply miss out on the distinct original scent as a result of your hoarding tendency, rather than anything else. Even if you purchase huge numbers, please make certain that they are stored properly and that you do not forget about them. You should keep in mind that fresh food is at its best quality and value when it is purchased or consumed on the same day that it is prepared.
Apple Pie Moonshine – simple to make and loaded with flavor
A simple recipe for homemade Apple Pie Moonshine may be found online. It can be served on special occasions or given as a gift to friends and family members who appreciate it. Whichever way you slice it, you’ll love this tasty and savory meal! I was thrilled to be able to share my Tips for Celebrating Friendsgiving with you yesterday. As promised, I’m back today with the recipe for Apple Pie Moonshine, which you can find below. Cheers! Submitted by Missy, my sister-in-law, who created this recipe for homemade apple pie moonshine.
I’m not sure why I didn’t think to share it with you sooner, but I’m glad I did.
Whatever the occasion, it makes a unique present for friends, family members, and neighborhood neighbors, among other things.
What is Moonshine?
If you’ve never had Apple Pie Moonshine before, I must warn you that it’s just as hazardous as it is delectable. This moonshine is created from 190 proof grain alcohol (Everclear), which means it has a lot of flavor and kick. With its excellent flavor, however, moderation is advised, and shots should only be offered as an after-dinner treat. Please take pleasure in moderation.
How Do You Make Apple Pie Moonshine?
The tastes of the moonshine are blended together in a pot of simmering apple cider, apple juice, sugar, and seasonal spices for an hour before serving. (While the juice is boiling, you may listen to my Friendsgiving playlist, which is available here.) Add the alcohol when it has cooled. The Apple Pie Moonshine is now ready for consumption. That is all there is to it. However, I recommend allowing it to stay in the refrigerator for approximately a month before serving it to ensure maximum flavor.
For those who live in states where grain alcohol is not available in 190 proof, you can replace 150 proof grain alcohol or use extra vodka.
(affiliate links are included)
How long does flavored moonshine last?
Apple cider, apple juice, sugar, and seasonal spices are simmered for an hour to mix the tastes of the apple cider, apple juice, sugar, and seasonal spices. If you want to listen to some Friendsgiving music while the juice is simmering, go here.) After the alcohol has cooled, put it in. Drink up, for the Apple Pie Moonshine is now ready. That is all there is to it! However, I recommend allowing it to stay in the refrigerator for approximately a month before serving it to maximize flavor. When it is let to sit, the taste improves.
You can replace 150 proof grain alcohol or use additional vodka if your state does not supply 190 proof grain alcohol. For those of you who are interested in purchasing my adorable mason jar shot glasses and marble tray, you can do so here: shot glassand tray (Affiliate links are included. )
Like this moonshine recipe? Try these cocktails:
- Cocktails produced with fruit infusions include the Caramel Apple Martini, Homemade Pineapple Rum, Blackberry Basil Sangria, and Harvest Apple Mule.
Thank you very much for joining me for Friendsgiving! I really appreciate it! I hope you like this Apple Pie Moonshine recipe as much as I do. Greetings, my colleagues!
Homemade Apple Pie Moonshine Recipe:
- Have you tried this recipe yet? Please leave a review
- Course:Drinks Cuisine:American Keywords: autumn, moonshine, apple pie, apple pie moonshine, apple pie moonshine Servings:10quarts Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 40 minutes Time allotted: 50 minutes A simple recipe for homemade Apple Pie Moonshine may be found online. It can be served on special occasions or given as a gift to friends and family members who appreciate it. Whichever way you look at it, you’ll like this delectable and aromatic dish.
- You may have already attempted this recipe. Publish your thoughts on the site. Course:Drinks Cuisine:American Seasonal terms include: apple pie, apple pie moonshine, and apple pie moonshine. Servings:10quarts 10 minutes for preparation Approximately 40 minutes of cooking time 50 minutes in total A simple recipe to prepare at home, this Apple Pie Moonshine is delicious. This dish can be served on special occasions or given as a gift to friends and family members. This dish is excellent and savory in every case, and you’ll appreciate it no matter what.
- Put all of the ingredients in a large stock pot and mix well. Add the apple cider, apple juice, white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon sticks, and apple pie spice and mix well. Bring the water close to a boil. Cover the saucepan with a cover and turn the heat down to low. Cook for one hour on low heat. Remove the saucepan from the heat and set it aside to cool. Once the mixture has cooled, remove the cinnamon sticks. Combine the grain alcohol and vodka in a separate bowl. Transfer the apple pie moonshine to sterilized quart jars or bottles and decorate with a cinnamon stick
- The Apple Pie Moonshine is ready to drink right away after being made. The finest taste, on the other hand, comes from storing it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 weeks before consuming. Before serving, give it a good shake.
Can Moonshine Go Bad? Everything You Need To Know About Moonshine – Liquid Bread Mag
We’ve all been in the situation when we’ve discovered a bottle of wine hidden in the recesses of our kitchen cabinets and are unsure whether or not it is safe to consume. It appears that there is no universal time restriction for the consumption of moonshine, as in the case of this bottle of the illicit beverage. The answer to the question of whether moonshine can go bad or not is unambiguous — a bottle of unflavored moonshine, like other simple spirits, has an endless shelf life. Although different sources will state different things, the answer is unambiguous.
The following information will assist you in determining whether or not you may safely consume that bottle of moonshine that has been lurking in the back of your cabinet for who knows how long.
What is the shelf life of moonshine?
Most moonshines have an unlimited shelf life, which means that if you find an unopened bottle of moonshine that’s been sitting in your cabinet for a long time, you won’t have to worry about the quality of the moonshine or any potential health hazards associated with it. If the bottle of moonshine has already been opened, the shelf life is reduced to 6 months only. The distillation process is responsible for the lengthy shelf life of a bottle of moonshine that has not been opened. Moonshine, in contrast to many other alcoholic beverages, is distilled with no sugars, which implies that the liquid will not deteriorate.
Keep in mind, however, that not all moonshines are prepared and distilled in the same manner.
As a result, unless you make your own moonshine, the chances are that you will be drinking moonshine that is not 100 percent pure.
These moonshines are reported to last for years if they are not opened, but it is suggested that you drink them as soon as possible for the sake of your safety and the quality of the drink.
Signs of when a moonshine goes bad
You should be on the lookout for these warning signals if you’re concerned that your opened (or unopened) bottle of moonshine has gone bad. The flavor of your moonshine is the most obvious evidence that it has gone bad. It’s not going to hurt you to crack open the bottle of moonshine and take a drink of it. If something is wrong, you will be able to tell since the flavor will be awful. A drink of moonshine to see if it has gone bad should only be done if the moonshine has been kept, sealed, and distilled in the right manner.
If, on the other hand, you notice that the color or texture of the moonshine is different from what you are used to, do not drink it.
The spoon test is performed in the following manner: pour some moonshine into the spoon and ignite it on fire. A blue light signifies that the moonshine is safe to consume, however a red or yellow flame shows that the moonshine contains lead and so cannot be ingested.
Is it dangerous to drink bad moonshine?
In case you’re concerned that your opened (or unopened) bottle of moonshine may have gone bad, here are some indicators to look out for. Your moonshine’s flavor will be the most obvious indicator that it has gone sour. Open the bottle of moonshine and take a taste of it; it will do you no damage at all. If something is wrong, you will be able to tell by the flavor. A drink of moonshine to see if it has gone bad should only be done if the moonshine has been kept, sealed, and distilled in the correct manner.
You should not drink moonshine if you notice that the color or texture of the moonshine is different from what you expect.
Pour some moonshine onto a spoon and put it on fire.
A blue flame signifies that the moonshine is safe to drink, but a red or yellow light shows that the moonshine contains lead, and hence is not suitable for human consumption.
Methylethanol is a colorless alcoholic chemical that is the most basic form of alcohol known to man. When combined with ethanol, even the smallest quantities of methanol may be exceedingly hazardous, and in some cases, even fatal.
Ethanol, on the other hand, is a straightforward alcohol that is perfectly safe to use in tiny quantities. If you consume an excessive amount of ethanol rapidly, this can be problematic, resulting in stomach pumps, for example. That’s why it’s important to take ethanol in modest doses, such as with a mixer or as a shot. Methanol should not be present in any significant amounts in a good batch of moonshine. Moonshine made in a faulty batch may contain traces of methanol, which makes the otherwise harmless ethanol dangerously deadly.
What does methanol do?
When methanol is eaten, it degrades into formaldehyde, formate, and formic acid, among other things. Methanol, to put it in the simplest terms, can cause irreversible blindness since it attacks and destroys the visual nerve. This occurs mostly during the consumption phase, although it can also occur during the distillation procedure. Methanol has the potential to be lethal in the worst-case scenario. This is due to the fact that methanol does not have any flavour, making it impossible to determine if a drink includes it or not.
You must obtain a bottle of moonshine from a known and respected dealer who has followed the distillation procedure to the letter.
How to store moonshine
You should never consume a whole bottle of moonshine by yourself, as this is not a safe practice with any alcohol. This is why you should learn how to preserve moonshine correctly in order to consume it safely afterwards. If you’re wondering whether or not moonshine has to be refrigerated, there is no correct answer to this question. There are those who like to refrigerate their moonshine in order to keep the alcohol cold and away from sunlight, but there is no evidence to suggest that unrefrigerated moonshine is harmful to your health.
Due to the fact that the refrigerator’s coldness delays the oxidation process, which in turn slows down the rotting of the sugars contained inside the flavored moonshine, this is true: Take note that this only applies to opened flavored moonshine bottles and that an unopened bottle of flavored moonshine can last for years regardless of whether it is kept in a refrigerator or out of a refrigerator.
Whether you keep moonshine in plastic or glass is immaterial when it comes to the taste of the alcoholic beverage.
When it comes to long-term storage, however, glass containers are the best choice.
This is due to the fact that UV rays will pass through the container (whether it is made of plastic or glass), thus “cooking” the moonshine and significantly shortening its shelf life. People often store their moonshine at the back of a dark, chilly cabinet to avoid this problem.
What about moonshine in the heat?
Having established why moonshine cannot be exposed to direct sunshine, we may go on. What about the heat, though? As long as the moonshine has been properly proofed, sealed, and stored, the temperature of the storage room in which it is kept should not be a factor in its preservation. It will not spoil in the usual sense; but, the flavor of the moonshine will be altered as a result of the process. This is due to the fact that the heat will separate the compounds contained inside moonshine, resulting in a new chemical arrangement and a change in flavor.
Those that do, on the other hand, will need to preserve their moonshine in a cold and dark environment.
Can I freeze moonshine?
So, we all know that moonshine changes flavor when exposed to heat, but what about when exposed to frigid temperatures? Moonshine contains a high alcohol by volume (ABV) of around 40%, which implies that it must be stored in a very cold environment to effectively freeze. A conventional freezer is unlikely to be sufficient, as moonshine requires a temperature of -235 degrees Fahrenheit to be entirely frozen. Even if it does freeze, it is more probable that the water content in the moonshine would freeze first, followed by the alcohol, resulting in a stronger moonshine with a greater alcohol by volume (ABV).
Can flavored moonshine go bad?
While pure moonshine may be kept for an unlimited period of time, flavored moonshines have a significantly shorter shelf life. Pure moonshine, like other pure spirits, is distilled for an extended period of time until it has zero percent sugar content, ensuring that it will not deteriorate. In contrast, flavored moonshine relies on sugar for its flavour, which means it will deteriorate over time if not consumed immediately. This sugar content can be derived from either artificial sweeteners or from the sugar found in fruits and vegetables.
What about moonshine mixed with fruit?
Moonshine that has been blended with fruit will have a much lower shelf life than pure moonshine on the market. It has a shelf life of several years if kept unopened and properly preserved. If the container is unsealed, the shelf life is reduced to approximately 3-6 months in the refrigerator. People sometimes overlook the fact that fruit contains a high amount of sugar, which is only accentuated during the distillation process. Evaporation is the primary reason that moonshine blended with fruit goes bad so rapidly.
This may take some time, but the consequences will become apparent after a few years, when the contents will just vanish from sight.
Oxidation is also caused by prolonged exposure to air. Oxidation is a chemical reaction that alters the atomic makeup of moonshine, resulting in a sour taste in flavored moonshine as a result of the reaction. It will also reduce the shelf life of the product.
That’s all there is to it. In the event that you have properly preserved your bottle of pure moonshine and obtained it from a trustworthy vendor, the shelf life of the alcohol is virtually limitless. Storage of flavored moonshine in the same manner will result in a shelf life of around two to three years. Because of the sugar content and exposure to air, the shelf life of flavored moonshine is reduced to around 3-6 months after it has been opened. The world of moonshine is a volatile and difficult one to navigate.
It is impossible to overstate the importance of purchasing and consuming moonshine from a trustworthy dealer when it comes to legal drinking.
Even worse, it’s difficult to tell whether the moonshine includes methanol, which may cause blindness or even death if consumed in large quantities.
Keep in mind that you must adhere to the rigorous guidelines for preserving open and unopened containers of moonshine!
Best Apple Pie Moonshine Recipe
- It is possible that this content contains affiliate links. For additional information, please see my disclosure policy, which may be found here. This simple Apple Pie Moonshine recipe makes a delectable beverage that anybody can make. This quick moonshine recipe is always the talk of the party, and everyone raves about how delicious it is. Plus, you won’t believe how simple it is to put together! Prep:5minutes Cook:1hour Total:1hour5minutes This simple Apple Pie Moonshine recipe makes a delectable beverage that anybody can make. This quick moonshine recipe is always the talk of the party, and everyone raves about how delicious it is. Furthermore, you will not believe how simple it is to prepare
Why This Apple Pie Moonshine Recipe Works
To see step-by-step lessons of your favorite It Is a Keeper recipes, make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel! This Apple Pie Moonshine recipe is very delicious! It is really easy to take, yet it has a powerful punch to it. It’s a simple formula that doesn’t necessitate the use of a moonshine still or other sophisticated procedures. This is more of a flavored moonshine recipe than anything else. In case you’ve ever been curious in how to produce moonshine, you may learn how to manufacture moonshine the old-fashioned manner by watching this video.
- It is quite simple to prepare because it makes use of grain alcohol that can be purchased.
- Before you can appreciate it, it has to be given some time to settle and mellow down.
- The most difficult step is locating the grain alcohol.
- Grain alcohol with a proof of 190 can be difficult to come by.
- If you can’t locate it, you can easily substitute a lesser proof vodka or moonshine (151 proof grain alcohol is considerably simpler to get by) that you can purchase from a liquor shop instead.
- Apple Pie Moonshine is without a doubt the greatest Apple Pie Moonshine recipe you will ever taste.
It’s important to remember to let it rest and mellow. If you try to drink this moonshine too soon, it will feel like you’re ingesting rocket fuel. I’m thinking this is what rocket fuel would taste like, because I’ve never had it before. It’s something I’ve never really tried.
Expert Tips for Making Apple Pie Moonshine Recipe
A large number of flavored moonshine recipes have been collected by me throughout the years. You may find them all in my eBook, How to Make Flavored Moonshine, which is available for purchase. How to produce moonshine will be demonstrated with 16 simple flavored moonshine recipes that include step-by-step directions and images, as well as 34 cocktail recipes that can be made with the flavored moonshines. More information on my ebook may be found here.
Looking for More Homemade Moonshine Recipes
- Moonshine recipes include peach moonshine, mojito moonshine, cranberry moonshine, and pumpkin pie moonshine.
Peach Moonshine, Mojito Moonshine, Cranberry Moonshine, and Pumpkin Pie Moonshine are just a few of the varieties available.
Items You Need to MakeApple Pie Moonshine Recipe
- 12 cup apple juice, 12 cup apple cider, 3 cups sugar, 14 cinnamon sticks, divided, 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 750ml190 proof Everclear grain alcohol (or the highest proof vodka you can find)
- 12 cup apple juice, 12 cup apple cider, 3 cups sugar, 14 cinnamon sticks, divided, 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 750ml190 proof Everclear grain alcohol (or the highest proof vodka you can find),
Calories:409kcal|Carbohydrates:106g|Sodium:1mg|Potassium:35mg|Fiber:4g|Sugar:100g|Vitamin A:25IU|Vitamin C:0.3mg|Calcium:84mg|Iron:0.7mg|Vitamin C:0.3mg|Vitamin C:0.3mg|Vitamin C:0.3mg|V All of the nutritional information presented is based on best-guess calculations. See www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure policies/ for more information on how I compute this information.
Does apple pie moonshine have to be refrigerated???
Page 1 of 41234Next page of text
- I just finished making 10 quarts of the lovely thing and discovered I had no idea how it was meant to be preserved! The recipe that I used was as follows: MOONSHINE WITH APPLE PIE 1 gallon of apple cider with spices 1 gallon of freshly squeezed apple juice 8-10 cinnamon sticks (about) sugar (granulated): 1 1/2 cup 1 1/2 cup light brown sugar 750 mL bottle of grain alcohol with a proof of 190 To make the soup, combine all of the ingredients (excluding the alcohol) in a big stockpot and bring to a boil. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the mixture to cool to room temperature. Add the alcohol once the mixture has been allowed to cool fully. Fill sterilized mason jars with the mixture. The apple pie has been baked and is ready for eating! Warm or cold, it is a versatile dish.
- I’m really pleased I came on this since I have a gallon of 190 that I’ve been storing for just such an occasion. It has always been refrigerated in my experience, just to be clear. Obviously, I’m thinking out loud here, but wouldn’t it be better if you added the booze when the mixture was still hot on the burner and then filled your jars, making it “canned” and hence excellent for a long time?
- You’d think so, however the recipe specifies that the mixture must be thoroughly cooled before the alcohol is added and the jars are sealed. The lids are lowered as if they are sealed, but they are not. I really don’t know. As a result, I was hoping someone on this forum might have an explanation
- I’ve been making it for nearly three years now, but with a slightly different recipe, but it’s still delicious. I’ve never put it in the refrigerated, and it’s kept fresh for a long time
- But, doing so will cause a significant amount of the alcohol to evaporate
- This is not recommended.
- I keep mine in the refrigerator just because I prefer it cold when I drink it
- If that’s all you’ve got, that’s OK. You haven’t made it right yet
- Ummmmm. I’m not sure what you’re referring to with the second part
- Yes. Inevitably, the apple cider will mold
- Thanks! The fact that it doesn’t appear to be an issue is a bonus. I was concerned about it taking up valuable refrigerator room when it comes to blackpowder season (we need a place to store the deboned meat while we prepare it for canning or freezing), but the jars are vanishing at an alarming rate! lol
- I keep mine in the refrigerator since I prefer it cool as well, but I’ve had it in a cupboard for a long time with no problems
- I’m assuming he means that if it doesn’t include moonshine, it isn’t apple pie moonshine. Good moonshine is obviously not synonymous with the 190 proof stuff you can buy at the liquor shop, according to many people who have tasted it. I’m only assuming because mine isn’t from a store and I don’t believe it’s moonshine either. My guess is that it’s white dog, which comes from a nearby distillery. According to my memory, it’s around 130-140 proof. I’ve never attempted to make the apple pie. I’d been looking forward to a fantastic recipe. I’ve tried a few different kinds and only found one or two that I truly enjoyed. You said the others were too sweet or had too much cinnamon
- If I had one, I’d be happy to assist you. Check out the forums at ArtisanDistiller.com. a lot of useful information on the page
Page 1 of 41234Next page of text
Homemade Apple Pie Moonshine
The following page is page 1 of 41234:
Easy Apple Pie Moonshine Recipe
This Apple Pie Moonshine is easy to drink while yet packing a punch! By combining high-proof grain liquor with ingredients such as apple cider, apple juice, cinnamon, and flavored vodka, you can create a cocktail that will keep you warm from the inside out all winter long. It’s also a fantastic dish to serve during holiday gatherings. This moonshine improves with age, as do many fine things in this world. I recommend cooking this at least two weeks before you want to consume it so that you can really appreciate the flavor.
- Just remember to take it gently since, despite the fact that it tastes sweet and comfortable, it is a powerful beverage!
- The addition of vanilla and caramel is a delectable surprise.
- This recipe makes a lot of moonshine, so make sure to use an extra-large stockpot or divide the ingredients between two big stockpots when you prepare this.
- This recipe yields just enough to store a few jars at home while also giving out many more as holiday gifts.
What kind of liquor goes into moonshine?
Moonshine is a type of whiskey that is manufactured at home and is not matured. According to the docuseries Moonshine on Discovery Channel, it is known for being illegally distilled and trafficked over state boundaries, among other things. The fact why moonshine is prohibited is owing to laws prohibiting the distillation of alcoholic beverages at home. In other words, when people talk about flavored moonshine, such as this Apple Pie Moonshine, they’re talking about a drink that’s produced using the closest thing you can purchase to true moonshine, which is a high-proof grain alcoholic beverage.
Even though it can be difficult to get in some locations, 190 proof Everclear is the most frequent and widely used choice among consumers. Any grain alcohol between 80 and 151 proof will work, or you may use the highest proof vodka you can locate to make this cocktail.
What You’ll Need
A handmade whiskey that has not been matured is properly known as moonshine. According to the Discovery Channel docuseries Moonshine, it is known for being illegally distilled and trafficked over state boundaries. Home distillation of alcoholic beverages, such as moonshine, has been made illegal due to state laws prohibiting it. In other words, when people talk about flavored moonshine, such as this Apple Pie Moonshine, they’re talking about a drink that’s produced using the closest thing you can purchase to actual moonshine: a high-proof grain alcohol.
To make this cocktail, you can use any grain alcohol between 80 and 151 percent, or the strongest vodka you can find.
- Apple cider: Make careful you use pure apple cider (preferably from a local source if possible), not apple cider vinegar. Apple juice: Increases the apple flavor of the drink while also sweetening it. Sugar is made up of an equal mixture of granulated sugar and brown sugar. Sugar is required to counteract the effects of the cider and alcohol. If you remove these components, the drink will be considerably too powerful and bitter
- Otherwise, add them in. Apple pie spice: This flavored moonshine has the flavor of apple pie in a glass because of the use of this spice. Apple juice is cooked with half of the cinnamon sticks while the other half is put to the jars just before sealing. Grain alcohol: You may use any grain alcohol between 80 and 151 proof (such as Everclear®), depending on how strong you prefer your cocktail. If you are unable to get grain alcohol, you can use the highest proof vodka that you can locate. To produce this apple pie moonshine a la mode, we use both caramel and vanilla vodka to enhance the flavor of the apple pie moonshine.
How to Make Apple Pie Moonshine
Making flavored moonshine is simple, but if you want the greatest flavor and the smoothest drink possible, start preparing it many weeks ahead of time. Here’s a quick rundown of what happened: (For more information, see the printable recipe card in its entirety, which may be found below.)
- Cook the non-alcohol items for a few minutes. In a large stockpot, combine all of the ingredients except the liquor and bring to a rolling boil. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool fully. Remove the cinnamon sticks and place the alcohol in the bowl. Stir in the grain alcohol and vodkas once the apple cider mixture has been allowed to cool fully before transferring to mason jars. Fill the mason jars halfway with fresh cinnamon sticks. Distribute the moonshine among the jars in a fair amount. Place lids on securely and store until ready to serve. The flavor of this moonshine is great shortly after it is prepared, but it is even better after it has mellowed for several weeks. As far as is practicable, store the jars in a cold, dry, and dark location for several weeks.
Tips for Success
If this is your first time producing moonshine, there are a few things you should bear in mind before getting started.
- To ensure that the apple cider mixture is absolutely cold, set it aside. It is important not to add your alcohol until the mixture has cooled completely, as the alcohol will begin to disperse. Also, avoid adding the alcohol near an open flame or heat source. Alcohol, particularly grain alcohol, has a high flammability rating. Another reason to wait until the mixture has cooled fully before adding the alcohol is to avoid burning your fingers. Before opening, give it a good shake. The residue from the cinnamon stick may still be present, in which case simply shake the container before opening. It is possible to filter the liquid through cheesecloth if it is really bothersome to you. How to properly seal your canning jars. Because of the alcohol component, the jars do not require a tight vacuum seal as you would for other types of preserving or canning, but you should still apply a tight closure on them. The lid tops are boiled for a few minutes, then wiped dry and placed on top of the jar, which is my preferred method. To finish, add the ring and tighten it until it is “finger snug.” Without having to bother about boiling the jars, you may create a miniature vacuum-like seal with a heated lid, saving time and money. Make the necessary adjustments to the alcohol. You may modify the flavor of the moonshine after you’ve opened it to consume it by adding more alcohol to make it stronger or additional apple cider to make it softer. The sweetness of the apple cider and apple juice might vary depending on the variety. The amount of alcohol you use will determine how sweet the drink will be
Because this apple pie moonshine recipe calls for Everclear as well as two flavored vodkas, it delivers a powerful punch in terms of alcohol content — the longer it sits, the less alcohol you will be able to detect. When you drink it for a long period of time, it might taste like drinking spiced apple juice and nothing more. Consequently, the most essential thing to remember while serving this is to sip carefully and responsibly. Pour the moonshine into a cocktail glass or a shot glass depending on your preference for serving.
Pour the contents from a few mason jars into a big serving pitcher and let visitors to serve themselves as they choose.
If you’re going to do this, I recommend putting out tiny glasses first.
If I’m presenting it as a gift, I prefer to pour it into smaller mason jars and then tie a ribbon around the jar and include a letter.
How to Store
- How long does moonshine keep its potency? The beautiful thing about creating moonshine is that it will keep for a long period of time in the bottle. Once opened, it will keep for up to 3 months at the back of the fridge before becoming stale. However, if it is not opened and stored in a cold, dry environment, it can survive up to three years. Is it necessary to keep moonshine refrigerated? Moonshine jars that have been opened should be refrigerated. Jars that have not been opened should not be refrigerated, but should be stored in a cool, dry location. Is it possible to freeze moonshine? Your moonshine may be stored in the freezer, that’s correct! When frozen, it has a shelf life of up to 2 years. Make sure to allow enough of headroom at the top of the jars since liquid expands when it’s stored in the freezer. If the drink is particularly powerful, it may freeze solid, turn into a slushy, or not freeze at all, depending on the temperature. In the event that it does freeze, it will thaw fast and it is quite great served chilled as a slushy.
More Holiday Drink Recipes:
- The Apple Cider Moscow Mule, the Brandy Alexander Milkshake, the Jack Frost Winter Cocktail, the White Russian, and the Easy Holiday Punch are all excellent options.
I hope you enjoy this tasty and simple meal – please rate it in the comments section below! Do not forget to follow Belly Full on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube for the latest updates!
Apple Pie Moonshine
A festive cocktail that is packed with flavor, this Apple Pie Moonshine is made with grain liquor and flavored vodka as well as apple cider and spices. The taste of this spiced moonshine is similar to that of sipping liquid apple pie. This item is ideal for Christmas gift-giving! Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 30 min. Time allotted: 40 minutes 24 cups (servings) (6 quarts total)
- 3 cups grain alcohol, such as Everclear®, 80 to 151 proof, depending on how strong you like it
- 64 ounces apple cider (1/2 gallon, pure apple cider, not apple cider vinegar)
- 64 ounces apple juice (1/2 gallon)
- 1 cupgranulated sugar
- 1 cupbrown sugar
- 1 teaspoonapple pie spice
- 12 cinnamon sticks, divided
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoonapple pie spice 2 cups vodka (or the highest proof vodka you can get)
- 1 cup caramel vodka
- 1 cup vanilla vodka
- 1 cup rum
- In an extra-large stockpot, combine the apple cider, apple juice, both sugars, apple pie spice, and 6 cinnamon sticks and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and gently simmer for 30 minutes, stirring periodically, until the vegetables are tender. Remove the pan from the heat and allow it to COOL COMPLETELY to room temperature before serving. Remove the cinnamon sticks and set them aside. Add the grain alcohol, caramel vodka, and vanilla vodka to the chilled liquid and stir until well combined. 6 fresh cinnamon sticks should be divided among 6 32-ounce mason jars. Fill the jars halfway with moonshine. Close the jars securely with lids
- This is great immediately after it is produced, but it is really potent. The jars should be let to mature for several weeks (the longer the better!) before opening and serving to allow the flavors to meld together before serving. Enjoy it all winter long, serve it to guests, or pour it into little jars and give it away as gifts! DRINK CAREFULLY AND RESPONSIBLY, AND BE AWARE OF YOUR LIMITATIONS. NOTE: This article has a plethora of useful information, advice, serving options, and storage information, all of which are included below. Don’t let them pass you by
The following are the nutritional values: calories: 257kcal|carbohydrates: 36g|protein: 1 g|fats: 1 g|saturated fat: 1 gram | polyunsaturated fat: 1 gram | monounsaturated fat: 1 gram | sodium: 9 mg|potassium: 174 mg|fiber: 1 g|sugar: 32g|vitamins A, C, and iron: 0.1 mg Although the nutritional information provided is an algorithmic estimate, the actual value may differ depending on the specific goods you use and any modifications to the recipe.
For those of you who place a high value on these figures, I propose that you calculate them yourself.
Course:Drinks Cuisine:American Apple pie drink recipe, flavored moonshine, homemade apple pie moonshine are some of the keywords to remember.