What is the best moonshine recipe?
- Apple Pie Moonshine. Apple pie flavor moonshine is by far the most popular. Wide Open Spaces suggests to start by stirring 1 quart of apple juice, 1 gallon of apple cider, and 10 cinnamon sticks in a large pot. Once you’ve brought that mixture to a simmer, stir in 3 cups of brown sugar and 1 cup of white sugar.
- 1 Does Apple Pie Moonshine get better with age?
- 2 Does Apple Pie Moonshine get stronger the longer it sits?
- 3 How do you make apple mash for moonshine?
- 4 How long does homemade apple pie moonshine last?
- 5 How are you supposed to drink moonshine?
- 6 What is the best mixer for moonshine?
- 7 Why was moonshine made illegal?
- 8 Should you drink moonshine cold?
- 9 What percent alcohol is moonshine?
- 10 Can you make alcohol from apples?
- 11 How many pounds of apples do you need to make moonshine?
- 12 How do you make moonshine on the stove?
- 13 Will apples go bad in moonshine?
- 14 What is the ABV of apple pie moonshine?
- 15 Best Apple Pie Moonshine Recipe
- 16 Why This Apple Pie Moonshine Recipe Works
- 17 Expert Tips for Making Apple Pie Moonshine Recipe
- 18 Looking for More Homemade Moonshine Recipes
- 19 Items You Need to MakeApple Pie Moonshine Recipe
- 20 Apple Pie Moonshine
- 21 Grandma’s Apple Pie ‘Ala Mode’ Moonshine
- 22 Homemade Apple Pie Moonshine
- 23 Easy Apple Pie Moonshine Recipe
- 24 What kind of liquor goes into moonshine?
- 25 What You’ll Need
- 26 How to Make Apple Pie Moonshine
- 27 Tips for Success
- 28 Serving Suggestions
- 29 How to Store
- 30 More Holiday Drink Recipes:
- 31 Apple Pie Moonshine
- 32 Apple Pie Moonshine – simple to make and loaded with flavor
- 33 What is Moonshine?
- 34 How Do You Make Apple Pie Moonshine?
- 35 How long does flavored moonshine last?
- 36 Like this moonshine recipe? Try these cocktails:
- 37 Homemade Apple Pie Moonshine Recipe:
- 38 Homemade Apple Pie Moonshine
- 39 Honestly, the homemade Apple Pie Moonshine recipe I came up with is delicious! It’s smooth yet has a kick. It can sneak up on you.
- 40 Tips on Making Apple Pie Moonshine
- 41 Apple Pie Moonshine
- 42 Reader Interactions
- 43 Apple Pie Moonshine
- 44 Reader Interactions
- 45 What Is Apple Pie Moonshine?
- 46 What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Apple Pie Moonshine?
- 47 How To Make Apple Pie Moonshine
- 48 Step By Step: How To Make Apple Pie Moonshine
- 49 Apple Pie Moonshine
- 50 Recipe Notes For Apple Pie Moonshine:
- 51 Can You Make Apple Pie Moonshine Ahead Of Time?
- 52 How Do You Store Apple Pie Moonshine?
- 53 How Long Does Flavored Moonshine Last?
- 54 More Cocktail Recipes…
- 55 Apple Pie Moonshine Recipe
- 56 What do you need to make homemade moonshine?
- 57 Tips for this recipe:
- 58 How to make apple pie moonshine:
- 59 How to Make Apple Pie Moonshine
- 60 How to Make Apple Pie Moonshine
- 61 Frequently Asked Questions
- 62 Is Everclear Moonshine?
- 63 Does Homemade Apple Pie Moonshine Spoil?
- 64 Can Apple Pie Moonshine Be at Room Temperature?
- 65 Does Apple Pie Moonshine Need to Be Refrigerated?
- 66 What to Add to Moonshine to Make It Taste Better?
- 67 More Cocktail Recipes You’ll Love!
Does Apple Pie Moonshine get better with age?
Once mixture has cooled, add moonshine and stir well to combine. Place a cinnamon stick in each sterile Mason jar and pour into jars. Tightly secure with lids and refrigerate. Tip: This apple pie moonshine tastes better with age and can be refrigerated for up to 6 months.
Does Apple Pie Moonshine get stronger the longer it sits?
The Apple Pie Moonshine is ready to drink. It’s that simple. However, I recommend letting it sit in the refrigerator for about a month. The longer it sits, the better it gets.
How do you make apple mash for moonshine?
Cut up apples and put in a food processor and blend up 2. Put blended up apples & 1 gallon of water in a large stock pot and heat up to 160 degrees 3. Empty apple mash into a large enough container to mix in the additional 5 gallons water and 3 cans of concentrate. Stir in the 6 lbs of sugar until totally dissolved.
How long does homemade apple pie moonshine last?
It all depends on how you store your apple pie moonshine. In an airtight container, it should last 3 – 4 months in the back of your refrigerator. If you seal your jars properly in your mason jars, they can last up to three years.
How are you supposed to drink moonshine?
How should you drink moonshine? “We always drink it straight from the jar, but encourage you to get creative by mixin’ your own recipe. A Southern classic is our Front Porch Peach Tea, which is 2 parts Ole Smoky Peach Moonshine, 1 part sweet tea and 1 part Lemonade, with peach and mint for garnish.”
What is the best mixer for moonshine?
Here are the best things to mix with moonshine.
- Coke. Moonshine is whiskey, so the classic combination of whiskey and Coke works whether that whiskey has spent time in a barrel or not.
- Grapefruit Juice. Flavorwise, this is sort of the poor American cousin of the Paloma.
- Ginger Ale.
- Sweet Vermouth.
- Iced Tea.
Why was moonshine made illegal?
So why is moonshine still illegal? Because the liquor is worth more to the government than beer or wine. Uncle Sam takes an excise tax of $2.14 for each 750-milliliter bottle of 80-proof spirits, compared with 21 cents for a bottle of wine (of 14 percent alcohol or less) and 5 cents for a can of beer.
Should you drink moonshine cold?
Either way—it depends on your preference and the type of drink. For example, you might drink straight moonshine at room temperature. Or, warm up some apple pie moonshine for a toasty, comforting drink on a cold fall or winter night. You can also drink it as a chilled cocktail with ginger ale or iced tea.
What percent alcohol is moonshine?
Moonshine is usually distilled to 40% ABV, and seldom above 66% based on 48 samples. For example a conventional pot stills commonly produce 40% ABV, and top out between 60-80% ABV after multiple distillations. However, ethanol can be dried to 95% ABV by heating 3A molecular sieves such as 3A zeolite.
Can you make alcohol from apples?
In order to convert the apple juice into cider, the apple juice has to ferment. During fermentation the sugars in the apple are converted into alcohol and carbon dioxide (and a range of flavor molecules). Fermentation is essential for any alcoholic drink, whisky, beer, etc all start out with fermentation.
How many pounds of apples do you need to make moonshine?
- 25 pounds of ripe apples ( 1/2 bushel.
- 5-10 pounds cane sugar (We found added 1-2 pounds per gallon of mash worked really well)
- Enough water to reach 5 gallons of total liquid after juicing the apples.
- 2.5 teaspoon yeast nutrient (We just followed the directions on the label.
- 1 packet dry wine yeast.
How do you make moonshine on the stove?
- Place your mash pot on its heat source and pour in 5 gallons of water.
- Heat water to 165 °F.
- Turn off heat source when you reach 165 °F and immediately stir in 8.5 pounds of Flaked Corn Maize.
- Stir mixture continuously for 7 minutes.
Will apples go bad in moonshine?
Unopened, flavored moonshine won’t change much and it won’t go bad. The fruits in unopened moonshine are preserved by the alcohol which prevents it from going off. These fruits can however become much more concentrated with alcohol and it is often best to discard the fruit.
What is the ABV of apple pie moonshine?
GATLINBURG, TN– Ole Smoky Moonshine announced today the national launch of a higher proof Ole Smoky Apple Pie Moonshine. The product was originally created at 20% ABV (40 proof). However, the company decided to take things to the next level by raising the proof to 70 proof (35% ABV).
Best Apple Pie Moonshine Recipe
- It is possible that this content contains affiliate links. For additional information, please see my disclosure policy, which may be found here. This simple Apple Pie Moonshine recipe makes a delectable beverage that anybody can make. This quick moonshine recipe is always the talk of the party, and everyone raves about how delicious it is. Plus, you won’t believe how simple it is to put together! Prep:5minutes Cook:1hour Total:1hour5minutes This simple Apple Pie Moonshine recipe makes a delectable beverage that anybody can make. This quick moonshine recipe is always the talk of the party, and everyone raves about how delicious it is. Furthermore, you will not believe how simple it is to prepare
Why This Apple Pie Moonshine Recipe Works
To see step-by-step lessons of your favorite It Is a Keeper recipes, make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel! This Apple Pie Moonshine recipe is very delicious! It is really easy to take, yet it has a powerful punch to it. It’s a simple formula that doesn’t necessitate the use of a moonshine still or other sophisticated procedures. This is more of a flavored moonshine recipe than anything else. In case you’ve ever been curious in how to produce moonshine, you may learn how to manufacture moonshine the old-fashioned manner by watching this video.
It is quite simple to prepare because it makes use of grain alcohol that can be purchased.
- Before you can appreciate it, it has to be given some time to settle and mellow down.
- The most difficult step is locating the grain alcohol.
- Grain alcohol with a proof of 190 can be difficult to come by.
- If you can’t locate it, you can easily substitute a lesser proof vodka or moonshine (151 proof grain alcohol is considerably simpler to get by) that you can purchase from a liquor shop instead.
- Apple Pie Moonshine is without a doubt the greatest Apple Pie Moonshine recipe you will ever taste.
- If you try to drink this moonshine too soon, it will feel like you’re ingesting rocket fuel.
- It’s something I’ve never really tried.
Expert Tips for Making Apple Pie Moonshine Recipe
A large number of flavored moonshine recipes have been collected by me throughout the years. You may find them all in my eBook, How to Make Flavored Moonshine, which is available for purchase. How to produce moonshine will be demonstrated with 16 simple flavored moonshine recipes that include step-by-step directions and images, as well as 34 cocktail recipes that can be made with the flavored moonshines. More information on my ebook may be found here.
Looking for More Homemade Moonshine Recipes
- Moonshine recipes include peach moonshine, mojito moonshine, cranberry moonshine, and pumpkin pie moonshine.
Peach Moonshine, Mojito Moonshine, Cranberry Moonshine, and Pumpkin Pie Moonshine are just a few of the varieties available.
Items You Need to MakeApple Pie Moonshine Recipe
- 12 cup apple juice, 12 cup apple cider, 3 cups sugar, 14 cinnamon sticks, divided, 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 750ml190 proof Everclear grain alcohol (or the highest proof vodka you can find)
- Cook over medium-high heat until the apple juice and cider are bubbling, adding sugar, nutmeg, ground cinnamon, and 8 cinnamon sticks as needed. For 1 hour, cover and cook over low heat. Remove the pan from the heat and allow it to cool to room temperature. Toss in the booze to the mixture. **USE CAUTION: Do not add alcohol in close proximity to a flame or a heat source! It has a high flammability. Before adding the alcohol, make sure the liquid has totally cooled. Remove the cinnamon sticks from the liquid and pour it into jars. the remaining 6 cinnamon sticks should be divided evenly among the jars
- Place the lids on the jars and set them aside in a cool, dry location for 8 weeks before using them. Please take pleasure in moderation.
Calories:409kcal|Carbohydrates:106g|Sodium:1mg|Potassium:35mg|Fiber:4g|Sugar:100g|Vitamin A:25IU|Vitamin C:0.3mg|Calcium:84mg|Iron:0.7mg|Vitamin C:0.3mg|Vitamin C:0.3mg|Vitamin C:0.3mg|V All of the nutritional information presented is based on best-guess calculations. See www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure policies/ for more information on how I compute this information.
Apple Pie Moonshine
Anonymous Rather of using white sugar, I only use brown sugar, and instead of vodka, I use 151 spiced rum to make this cocktail. I also use a lot more cinnamon sticks (which I get from Sam’s Club since they are roughly half as long as regular cinnamon sticks) and place one in each 16 oz. mason jar that I use to make the recipe. Made it for Christmas last year and it was a huge hit with the audience. It was a resounding success. More information can be found at http://www.nytimes.com/news/business/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/ These didn’t taste like apple pie moonshine, which is what they should have tasted like.
Despite the fact that it has a nice taste, it may benefit from additional Everclear and a hint of something else.
It is important to note that the state of California does not offer 190 proof whiskey, but only 151 proof.
It’s simple to put together.
More information can be found at http://www.nytimes.com/news/business/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/ Advertisement Almost everyone makes their own version of this, and I used the following for simple sipping, no strong alcohol flavor, and relaxation after half of the container: 1 a half gallon of apple cider Half-Gallon of Apple Juice 3 Cups Brown Sugar (optional) 1 cup granulated sugar 6 cinnamon sticks (optional) Boil for 10 minutes, then remove from heat and add 1 750ml Everclear 190 grain alcohol.
- 1 cup Cpt Morgan Spiced Rum (optional).
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- It was such a hit over Christmas that I’ve already received requests for more from two different people.
- It’s a really simple and enjoyable present to give!
More information can be found at http://www.nytimes.com/news/business/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/ Advertisement I reduced the amount of white sugar by half.
- Definitely a step up!
- This was something I made the other day.
- I do believe that there is far too much sugar in this.
- I’m going to try cutting the sugar in half next time and see how it turns out.
- Apple pie with vanilla ice cream is exactly what it sounds like in taste.
- If you don’t care for a strong cinnamon flavor, remove the cinnamon stick from the jars before serving.
- There’s clearly not enough alcohol, and I’d recommend cutting back on the cinnamon.
Grandma’s Apple Pie ‘Ala Mode’ Moonshine
Exceptional Recipes I did make a few modifications, though, including adding an additional 1 cup of grain alcohol and an extra. Each jar is filled with 5 cups of vodka (we like it really strong). I also put one cinnamon stick and half of a vanilla bean in each jar before bottling. Another advantage of having such a high alcohol content is that they can be stored at room temperature. Thank you for a fantastic recipe; everyone who has tried it has raved about it. More information can be found at http://www.nytimes.com/news/business/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/
Most helpful critical review
I followed the instructions exactly. If it hadn’t been for the overwhelming alcohol flavor, I would have given it a better rating. When it comes to booze, I’m probably a light weight as well. It has a wonderful aroma and a flavor that is reminiscent of apple pie. More information can be found at http://www.nytimes.com/news/business/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/ 208 Customer Reviews
- 5star values totaled 188
- 4star values totaled 15
- 3star values totaled 4, 2star values totaled 1, and 1star values totaled 0.
Exceptional Recipes I did make a few modifications, though, including adding an additional 1 cup of grain alcohol and an extra. 5 liters of vodka (WE LIKE IT REALLY STRONG) Before bottling, I also added a cinnamon stick and half of a vanilla bean to each jar to flavor it. Another advantage of having such a high alcohol content is that they may be stored at ambient temperature. Thank you for a fantastic recipe; everyone who has tried it has raved about it. More information can be found at http://www.nytimes.com/news/business/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/ Wow.
Please consume alcoholic beverages slowly and sensibly.
More information can be found at http://www.nytimes.com/news/business/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/ OUTSTANDING DRINK!
- I used crushed cloves and a whipped cream vodka instead of the traditional, but the result was still fantastic.
- I used around 6 standard-sized mason jars.
- I prefer to use applied cider rather than apple juice, but that is just personal preference.
- It’s similar to eating a tequila worm because of the high alcohol concentration.
- If you open a jar and don’t finish it, you should store it in the refrigerator or it will go bad.
- I let mine remain in my storage room for a minimum of three months before drinking it, but it might be longer.
- oh my goodness!
When I bottle, I add 1-2 sticks of butter in there, as well as some sliced apples every now and again.
Instead of having to estimate how much alcohol is in your jars, you will be able to determine exactly how much is in them.
I hope this is of assistance to a large number of individuals.
This has been shown to knock you on your keister despite the sinfully wonderful taste it has to offer.
We only rated it four stars since we didn’t use white sugar in the recipe!
We didn’t even notice it was there!
This dish may be served either hot or cold!
Simply reheat it up a little before bed, sip it, and enjoy a restful night’s sleep!;) Continue readingAdvertisement Excellent sense of taste The perfect companion for a cold fall day or evening.
Because a 750 mL bottle of Everclear yields little more than 3 cups of liquid, I simply used the entire bottle.
With a 30% alcohol content and scarcely detectable alcohol flavor, I could experiment with a bit extra Everclear to up the percentage to 40% and give it a little more kick.
I really adore this product!
When it comes to booze, I’m probably a light weight as well.
More information can be found at http://www.nytimes.com/news/business/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/
Homemade Apple Pie Moonshine
This Apple Pie Moonshine, which is made with grain liquor, flavored vodka, apple cider, and spices, is a festive cocktail that packs a punch! The taste of this spiced moonshine is similar to that of sipping liquid apple pie. Gifting this drink in mason jars along with some homemade apple pie spice, caramel sauce, and home-made caramels is one of our favorite things to do! What a delectable bundle of sweets!
Easy Apple Pie Moonshine Recipe
This Apple Pie Moonshine is easy to drink while yet packing a punch! By combining high-proof grain liquor with ingredients such as apple cider, apple juice, cinnamon, and flavored vodka, you can create a cocktail that will keep you warm from the inside out all winter long. It’s also a fantastic dish to serve during holiday gatherings. This moonshine improves with age, as do many fine things in this world. I recommend cooking this at least two weeks before you want to consume it so that you can really appreciate the flavor.
- Just remember to take it slowly because, despite the fact that it tastes sweet and cozy, it is a powerful beverage!
- The addition of vanilla and caramel is a delectable surprise.
- This recipe makes a lot of moonshine, so make sure to use an extra-large stockpot or divide the ingredients between two large stockpots when you make this.
- This recipe yields just enough to store a few jars at home while also giving out many more as holiday gifts.
What kind of liquor goes into moonshine?
Moonshine is a type of whiskey that is manufactured at home and is not matured. According to the docuseries Moonshine on Discovery Channel, it is known for being illegally distilled and trafficked over state boundaries, among other things. The fact why moonshine is prohibited is owing to laws prohibiting the distillation of alcoholic beverages at home. In other words, when people talk about flavored moonshine, such as this Apple Pie Moonshine, they’re talking about a drink that’s produced using the closest thing you can purchase to true moonshine, which is a high-proof grain alcoholic beverage.
Any grain alcohol between 80 and 151 proof will work, or you may use the highest proof vodka you can locate to make this cocktail.
What You’ll Need
Using only a few simple ingredients, including three different types of alcohol, you can create this alcoholic apple pie cocktail.
(See the printable recipe card for further information and measurements; scroll down to the bottom of this page.)
- Apple cider: Make careful you use pure apple cider (preferably from a local source if possible), not apple cider vinegar. Apple juice: Increases the apple flavor of the drink while also sweetening it. Sugar is made up of an equal mixture of granulated sugar and brown sugar. Sugar is required to counteract the effects of the cider and alcohol. If you remove these components, the drink will be considerably too powerful and bitter
- Otherwise, add them in. Apple pie spice: This flavored moonshine has the flavor of apple pie in a glass because of the use of this spice. Apple juice is cooked with half of the cinnamon sticks while the other half is put to the jars just before sealing. Grain alcohol: You may use any grain alcohol between 80 and 151 proof (such as Everclear®), depending on how strong you prefer your cocktail. If you are unable to get grain alcohol, you can use the highest proof vodka that you can locate. To produce this apple pie moonshine a la mode, we use both caramel and vanilla vodka to enhance the flavor of the apple pie moonshine.
How to Make Apple Pie Moonshine
Making flavored moonshine is simple, but if you want the greatest flavor and the smoothest drink possible, start preparing it many weeks ahead of time. Here’s a quick rundown of what happened: (For more information, see the printable recipe card in its entirety, which may be found below.)
- Cook the non-alcohol items for a few minutes. In a large stockpot, combine all of the ingredients except the liquor and bring to a rolling boil. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool fully. Remove the cinnamon sticks and place the alcohol in the bowl. Stir in the grain alcohol and vodkas once the apple cider mixture has been allowed to cool fully before transferring to mason jars. Fill the mason jars halfway with fresh cinnamon sticks. Distribute the moonshine among the jars in a fair amount. Place lids on securely and store until ready to serve. The flavor of this moonshine is great shortly after it is prepared, but it is even better after it has mellowed for several weeks. As far as is practicable, store the jars in a cold, dry, and dark location for several weeks.
Tips for Success
If this is your first time producing moonshine, there are a few things you should bear in mind before getting started.
- To ensure that the apple cider mixture is absolutely cold, set it aside. It is important not to add your alcohol until the mixture has cooled completely, as the alcohol will begin to disperse. Also, avoid adding the alcohol near an open flame or heat source. Alcohol, particularly grain alcohol, has a high flammability rating. Another reason to wait until the mixture has cooled fully before adding the alcohol is to avoid burning your fingers. Before opening, give it a good shake. The residue from the cinnamon stick may still be present, in which case simply shake the container before opening. It is possible to filter the liquid through cheesecloth if it is really bothersome to you. How to properly seal your canning jars. Because of the alcohol component, the jars do not require a tight vacuum seal as you would for other types of preserving or canning, but you should still apply a tight closure on them. The lid tops are boiled for a few minutes, then wiped dry and placed on top of the jar, which is my preferred method. To finish, add the ring and tighten it until it is “finger snug.” Without having to bother about boiling the jars, you may create a miniature vacuum-like seal with a heated lid, saving time and money. Make the necessary adjustments to the alcohol. You may modify the flavor of the moonshine after you’ve opened it to consume it by adding more alcohol to make it stronger or additional apple cider to make it softer. The sweetness of the apple cider and apple juice might vary depending on the variety. The amount of alcohol you use will determine how sweet the drink will be
Because this apple pie moonshine recipe calls for Everclear as well as two flavored vodkas, it delivers a powerful punch in terms of alcohol content — the longer it sits, the less alcohol you will be able to detect. When you drink it for a long period of time, it might taste like drinking spiced apple juice and nothing more. Consequently, the most essential thing to remember while serving this is to sip carefully and responsibly. Pour the moonshine into a cocktail glass or a shot glass depending on your preference for serving.
Pour the contents from a few mason jars into a big serving pitcher and let visitors to serve themselves as they choose.
If you’re going to do this, I recommend putting out tiny glasses first.
If I’m presenting it as a gift, I prefer to pour it into smaller mason jars and then tie a ribbon around the jar and include a letter.
How to Store
- How long does moonshine keep its potency? The beautiful thing about creating moonshine is that it will keep for a long period of time in the bottle. Once opened, it will keep for up to 3 months at the back of the fridge before becoming stale. However, if it is not opened and stored in a cold, dry environment, it can survive up to three years. Is it necessary to keep moonshine refrigerated? Moonshine jars that have been opened should be refrigerated. Jars that have not been opened should not be refrigerated, but should be stored in a cool, dry location. Is it possible to freeze moonshine? Your moonshine may be stored in the freezer, that’s correct! When frozen, it has a shelf life of up to 2 years. Make sure to allow enough of headroom at the top of the jars since liquid expands when it’s stored in the freezer. If the drink is particularly powerful, it may freeze solid, turn into a slushy, or not freeze at all, depending on the temperature. In the event that it does freeze, it will thaw fast and it is quite great served chilled as a slushy.
More Holiday Drink Recipes:
- The Apple Cider Moscow Mule, the Brandy Alexander Milkshake, the Jack Frost Winter Cocktail, the White Russian, and the Easy Holiday Punch are all excellent options.
I hope you enjoy this tasty and simple meal – please rate it in the comments section below! Do not forget to follow Belly Full on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube for the latest updates!
Apple Pie Moonshine
- A festive cocktail that is packed with flavor, this Apple Pie Moonshine is made with grain liquor and flavored vodka as well as apple cider and spices. The taste of this spiced moonshine is similar to that of sipping liquid apple pie. This item is ideal for Christmas gift-giving! Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 30 min. Time allotted: 40 minutes 24 cups (total of 6 quarts) of servings
- 3 cups grain alcohol, such as Everclear®, 80 to 151 proof, depending on how strong you like it
- 64 ounces apple cider (1/2 gallon, pure apple cider, not apple cider vinegar)
- 64 ounces apple juice (1/2 gallon)
- 1 cupgranulated sugar
- 1 cupbrown sugar
- 1 teaspoonapple pie spice
- 12 cinnamon sticks, divided
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoonapple pie spice 2 cups vodka (or the highest proof vodka you can find)
- 1 cup caramel vodka
- 1 cup vanilla vodka
- 1 cup rum
- In an extra-large stockpot, combine the apple cider, apple juice, both sugars, apple pie spice, and 6 cinnamon sticks and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and gently simmer for 30 minutes, stirring periodically, until the vegetables are tender. Remove the pan from the heat and allow it to COOL COMPLETELY to room temperature before serving. Remove the cinnamon sticks and set them aside. Add the grain alcohol, caramel vodka, and vanilla vodka to the chilled liquid and stir until well combined. 6 fresh cinnamon sticks should be divided among 6 32-ounce mason jars. Fill the jars halfway with moonshine. Close the jars securely with lids
- This is great immediately after it is produced, but it is really potent. The jars should be let to mature for several weeks (the longer the better!) before opening and serving to allow the flavors to meld together before serving. Enjoy it all winter long, serve it to guests, or pour it into little jars and give it away as gifts! DRINK CAREFULLY AND RESPONSIBLY, AND BE AWARE OF YOUR LIMITATIONS. NOTE: This article has a plethora of useful information, advice, serving options, and storage information, all of which are included below. Don’t let them pass you by
The following are the nutritional values: calories: 257kcal|carbohydrates: 36g|protein: 1 g|fats: 1 g|saturated fat: 1 gram | polyunsaturated fat: 1 gram | monounsaturated fat: 1 gram | sodium: 9 mg|potassium: 174 mg|fiber: 1 g|sugar: 32g|vitamins A, C, and iron: 0.1 mg Although the nutritional information provided is an algorithmic estimate, the actual value may differ depending on the specific goods you use and any modifications to the recipe. For those of you who place a high value on these figures, I propose that you calculate them yourself.
Course:Drinks Cuisine:American Apple pie drink recipe, flavored moonshine, homemade apple pie moonshine are some of the keywords to remember.
Apple Pie Moonshine – simple to make and loaded with flavor
A simple recipe for homemade Apple Pie Moonshine may be found online. It can be served on special occasions or given as a gift to friends and family members who appreciate it. Whichever way you slice it, you’ll love this tasty and savory meal! I was thrilled to be able to share my Tips for Celebrating Friendsgiving with you yesterday. As promised, I’m back today with the recipe for Apple Pie Moonshine, which you can find below. Cheers! Submitted by Missy, my sister-in-law, who created this recipe for homemade apple pie moonshine.
I’m not sure why I didn’t think to share it with you sooner, but I’m glad I did.
When it comes to the holidays and other special events, we’ve made it somewhat of a habit to have a drink together. Whatever the occasion, it makes a unique present for friends, family members, and neighborhood neighbors, among other things.
What is Moonshine?
If you’ve never had Apple Pie Moonshine before, I must warn you that it’s just as hazardous as it is delectable. This moonshine is created from 190 proof grain alcohol (Everclear), which means it has a lot of flavor and kick. With its excellent flavor, however, moderation is advised, and shots should only be offered as an after-dinner treat. Please take pleasure in moderation.
How Do You Make Apple Pie Moonshine?
The tastes of the moonshine are blended together in a pot of simmering apple cider, apple juice, sugar, and seasonal spices for an hour before serving. (While the juice is boiling, you may listen to my Friendsgiving playlist, which is available here.) Add the alcohol when it has cooled. The Apple Pie Moonshine is now ready for consumption. That is all there is to it. However, I recommend allowing it to stay in the refrigerator for approximately a month before serving it to ensure maximum flavor.
For those who live in states where grain alcohol is not available in 190 proof, you can replace 150 proof grain alcohol or use extra vodka.
(affiliate links are included)
How long does flavored moonshine last?
Apple cider, apple juice, sugar, and seasonal spices are simmered for an hour to mix the tastes of the apple cider, apple juice, sugar, and seasonal spices. If you want to listen to some Friendsgiving music while the juice is simmering, go here.) After the alcohol has cooled, put it in. Drink up, for the Apple Pie Moonshine is now ready. That is all there is to it! However, I recommend allowing it to stay in the refrigerator for approximately a month before serving it to maximize flavor. When it is let to sit, the taste improves.
For those of you who are interested in purchasing my adorable mason jar shot glasses and marble tray, you can do so here: shot glassand tray (Affiliate links are included.
Like this moonshine recipe? Try these cocktails:
- Cocktails produced with fruit infusions include the Caramel Apple Martini, Homemade Pineapple Rum, Blackberry Basil Sangria, and Harvest Apple Mule.
Thank you very much for joining me for Friendsgiving! I really appreciate it! I hope you like this Apple Pie Moonshine recipe as much as I do. Greetings, my colleagues!
Homemade Apple Pie Moonshine Recipe:
- Have you tried this recipe yet? Please leave a review
- Course:Drinks Cuisine:American Keywords: autumn, moonshine, apple pie, apple pie moonshine, apple pie moonshine Servings:10quarts Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 40 minutes Time allotted: 50 minutes A simple recipe for homemade Apple Pie Moonshine may be found online. It can be served on special occasions or given as a gift to friends and family members who appreciate it. Whichever way you look at it, you’ll like this delectable and aromatic dish.
- 4 cups white sugar, 4 cups brown sugar, 6 cinnamon sticks (plus more for garnish), 1 gallon apple cider, 1 gallon apple juice, 2 cups white sugar, 2 cups brown sugar, 6 cinnamon sticks (plus more for garnish), 1 teaspoon of apple pie spice
- 1 (750 mL) bottle grain alcohol (190 proof)
- 1 (750 mL) bottle vodka
- 1 teaspoon of apple pie spice
- Put all of the ingredients in a large stock pot and mix well. Add the apple cider, apple juice, white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon sticks, and apple pie spice and mix well. Bring the water close to a boil. Cover the saucepan with a cover and turn the heat down to low. Cook for one hour on low heat. Remove the saucepan from the heat and set it aside to cool. Once the mixture has cooled, remove the cinnamon sticks. Combine the grain alcohol and vodka in a separate bowl. Transfer the apple pie moonshine to sterilized quart jars or bottles and decorate with a cinnamon stick
- The Apple Pie Moonshine is ready to drink right away after being made. The finest taste, on the other hand, comes from storing it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 weeks before consuming. Before serving, give it a good shake.
Homemade Apple Pie Moonshine
Midnight Moon Moonshine was a discovery I made back in 2012. I purchased two jars of the Cherry, one for a gift and one for us. Allow me to state unequivocally that moonshine is a party in a jar! It’s possible that it generated a commotion or not! I immediately started tinkering and came up with my own recipe for Apple Pie Moonshine. In 2013, a couple of my girlfriends and I were sitting around my kitchen table (while the boys were outside playing cornhole), and let’s just say that more chuckles and mischief poured out of a jar of Apple Pie Moonshine than we could count.
The flavor of my homemade Apple Pie Moonshine was something I wanted to be less overpowering and more tasty and delightful when I decided to try my hand at creating it.
It was because the moonshines we had tasted from the shop were very disgusting in flavor. We would drink it more as a novelty than anything else (and shudder each time). This was my first photograph, which was taken in 2013.
Honestly, the homemade Apple Pie Moonshine recipe I came up with is delicious! It’s smooth yet has a kick. It can sneak up on you.
Due to the fact that I do not have a still in my backyard… I use Evercleara as the foundation for this and all of my moonshine recipes, and it works flawlessly every single time! Why not prepare a batch of this delicious Apple Pie Moonshine, which is simple to produce and much easier to enjoy. Make some for yourself and some to share with others. That jar of this is sure to be a hit at the upcoming Chinese Auction or gift swap you may be attending. It’s a fantastic culinary gift idea! One quart-sized jar of the product I was purchasing cost around $26.00.
I started adding apple chunks to my recipes a couple of years ago to give them a little additional taste.
The apple pieces become extremely soft when the mixture has chilled, so I crush them into the liquid with a potato masher before straining the liquid into another saucepan before adding the Everclear.
Tips on Making Apple Pie Moonshine
- The higher the quality of your ingredients, the better the outcome. I prefer to use farm fresh apple cider when I can get it, as well as organic apple juice
- I also like to add one or two Honeycrisppears to the recipe, which I chop into bits and cook with it. Mash them up afterward for added taste and to include little pieces of apple
- You can experiment with the amount of sugar you use. The sweetness of apple cider, as well as the sweetness of apple juice, varies. When it comes to sweetness, the more alcohol you end up adding, the less sweet it will be. Do not add your alcohol until the combination has cooled (if you add it when the mixture is still hot, the alcohol will disperse a little)
- Always taste and adjust the next day after the mixture has been allowed to chill. Increase the amount of alcohol to make it stronger, and increase the amount of apple cider if you think you’ve made it too powerful
- I store this in the freezer. Keep in mind to allow a little headroom at the top of your containers/jars! Depending on how powerful your moonshine is made, it will either freeze, become slush or not freeze at all, depending on how long it has been in the freezer. If it does happen to freeze, it will defrost rather soon. It’s very refreshing to have a little slushy, mmmm
- This, these, and this are some of my favorite jars to use for all of my moonshines and boozy recipes. If you like peaches, you’ll enjoy… Try my Fresh Peach Moonshine for a refreshing drink.
Pour a glass of my Watermelon Moonshine if you appreciate the flavor of watermelon. If you are a fan of chocolate… You HAVE to create myChocolate Moonshine if you want to be successful… It’s one of the most delicious things you’ll ever consume! Take my word for it! Give this as a present, and the person who receives it will cherish it forever! Cheers! The original version of this article was published in November 2013. This post was last updated in December 2020. This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on the link and make a purchase, I may get a small commission.
Apple Pie Moonshine
With this simple and delectable Apple Pie Moonshine recipe, you can make your own flavored moonshine at home. It’s what I call a “party in a jar”! It’s the ultimate hostess/host gift, as well as a food present! Preparation time: 5 minutes Cooking Time: 15 minutes Time allotted: 20 minutes Course:Cocktails Cuisine:American The following keywords are used in this article: Apple Pie Moonshine Recipe, Homemade Apple Pie Moonshine Recipe, How To Make Flavored Moonshine. calories:287kcal per serving (serving size:2oz
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 64oz/ 8 cups apple cider
- 64oz/ 8 cups apple juice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar a couple of dashes of nutmeg a couple of dashes of ground cinnamon
- 6 full cinnamon sticks, broken in half, toasted Optional: 2 Honeycrisp apples, sliced into 2 inch pieces
- 1 750ml bottle Everclear 80 to 151 proof
- 2 Honeycrisp apples, cut into 2 inch chunks It all depends on how strong you want it or how much grain alcohol you want (start with half a bottle and work your way up from there)
- Bring the cider, juice, sugars, and apple chunks (if used) to a boil in a large pot, then add the spices and continue to simmer for another 10 minutes, slightly lowering the volume. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the mixture to cool fully
- Once the mixture has reached room temperature, mash up the apples with a potato masher (if you want to include them) and filter the moonshine through cheesecloth. Add in the Everclear and give it a good swirl. I can’t always tell how powerful anything is until it’s been cold. Any additional Everclear or, if you feel the cider is too powerful, additional apple cider may be added at any time. A fresh cinnamon stick is placed in each container by me as a standard practice. This recipe will fill approximately 4-5 quart-sized mason jars. Store the moonshine in a cool garage or refrigerator to preserve its quality. Before you start pouring, give it a brief shake. Putting this in the freezer an hour or two before serving or going somewhere is a good idea for me. I serve it as shots in smapp shooter cups
- It goes down well.
Notes from Colleen: This recipe may easily be doubled or even tripled. It is not required to include the spice, especially if you get an apple cider with a strong flavor. The spices give it a nice kick that I enjoy. It’s all up to you. Keeps well in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks or longer (depends on how fresh your cider was). About an hour before drinking, I prefer to store it in the freezer. You can absolutely make this stronger by adding another half-bottle (or less) of Everclear, or you can make it weaker by adding more cider.
Play around with it until you get the bite/flavor you want.
Furthermore, no one will be injured by falling to the ground!
Lol! The serving size is 40g and contains 287 calories, 59 grams of carbohydrates, 19 milligrams of sodium, 459 milligrams of potassium, 1 gram of fiber, 52 grams of sugar, 16 milligrams of vitamin C, 78 milligrams of calcium, and 1 milligram of iron.
Published: by: and modified: by It is possible that this content contains affiliate links. You may prepare this apple pie moonshine for your holiday gatherings as a beverage, or you can give it away to your favorite people as a present. It has a flavor that is identical to apple pie and does not hold back on anything. This moonshine recipe simply gets better with time, which is the greatest part!
Is This Real Moonshine? What Is Moonshine?
This isn’t the illicit moonshine manufactured in bathtubs that you’re used to seeing on the news. High-proof distilled alcohol made “under the radar” is referred to as moonshine in slang. The term comes from the fact that it was generally created late at night in order to avoid being discovered by authorities. It’s really been allowed in the United States since 2010, and its definition is straightforward: it’s whiskey that hasn’t been matured. This recipe does not call for genuine moonshine, but rather Everclear, which is simpler to get by and has the same proof range as true moonshine.
How do I Make Apple Pie Moonshine?
Making apple pie moonshine is a cinch, and the results are delicious. And because it produces so much, it will last you for quite some time.
- Begin by heating our cider, juice, sugar, and spices to a near-boiling temperature in a large pot
- Allow about an hour of simmering at a low temperature
- Bring the temperature down to a simmer
- Allow the mixture to cool fully before using it. In a large mason jar or other airtight container, combine the ingredients and keep in the refrigerator.
Even though you can drain out the spices, I recommend keeping at least one stick of cinnamon in each mason jar for added flavor and aroma. If you like, you may omit the cinnamon and instead use around 12 cup of Fireball to give the dish a strong cinnamon flavor.
What Can I Use Instead of Everclear?
If you don’t have access toEverclearor any 190 proof grain alcohol, you may use any other high proof grain alcohol you can locate to make this recipe. There are even higher proof vodkas available that you may experiment with. Brands such as Smirnoff have even gone so far as to market higher proof versions of their vodka.
What Does Apple Pie Moonshine Taste Like?
In contrast to most recipes for apple pie moonshine, ours creates a smaller amount and uses predominantly apple cider instead of a 50/50 blend of cider and apple juice. As a result, it has a stronger apple flavor and is thicker in texture than usual. Because of all of the spices we utilize, it has a flavor that is similar to apple pie in a glass. Because we’re using Everclear, a little vodka, and a little spiced rum, it’s also rather potent in terms of alcohol content. Fortunately, the longer the apple pie moonshine is allowed to rest, the less alcohol it contains.
This moonshine is delicious shortly after it’s created, but it becomes much better while it rests in the bottle.
You will understand why it is such a popular holiday dish!
How Long Does Flavored Moonshine Last?
It all depends on how you choose to preserve your apple pie moonshine, of course. It should keep for 3 – 4 months at the back of your refrigerator if stored in an airtight container. If you correctly seal your jars in your mason jars, they can survive for up to three years in storage. Moonshine jars that have been properly sealed do not need to be kept in the refrigerated until they are ready to be used.
Some folks even keep their moonshine in the freezer to keep it fresh. It can endure between 2 and 3 years at that location. As a result, I like to give away a few little mason jars of moonshine to neighbors and friends, so that the moonshine doesn’t survive more than a few months at my house!
If You Loved This Moonshine, Try These Drinks:
- Apple Cider Sangria
- Blackberry Prosecco Mojito
- Strawberry Champagne Mojito
Apple Pie Moonshine
- Amanda Powell is a writer who lives in New York City. Apple pie moonshine that is both tasty and festive. Preparation time: 10 minutesCooking time: 1 hour and 20 minutesTotal time: 1 hour and 30 minutes CourseDrinks Cuisine: AmericanServings: 12814 cup per person Calories54kcal
- Apple cider (1 gallon), apple juice (12 gallon), 2 cups brown sugar, 5 cinnamon sticks, 2 teaspoons apple pie spice, 2 teaspoons vanilla essence (optional), and 5cinnamon sticks 750mL190-proof High-proof vodka, Everclear or a blend of the two
- 1 12 pints vodka (high-proof or vanilla)
- 2 cups spiced rum
- Cook over high heat until the apple cider, juice, sugar, cinnamon, and apple pie spice are bubbling vigorously
- Remove from heat. Reduce the heat to a low setting and bring the mixture to a simmer. Simmer for one hour, stirring regularly
- Remove from heat. Remove from heat and let aside to cool fully. If preferred, strain the cinnamon out of the mixture. Pour in the vanilla, Everclear, vodka, and rum, stirring constantly. To blend, stir the ingredients together. Fill the jars with your apple pie moonshine. If you aren’t going to seal it, put it at the back of your refrigerator. Enjoyable immediately, however it’s best if you wait a few weeks in the fridge.
Because of the potency of this apple pie moonshine, it is best consumed in tiny quantities or as shots rather than as a cocktail. Serving:1g Calories:54kcal Carbohydrates:8g Sodium:3mg Sugar:7g Apple pie and moonshine are two of the most common keywords. Use the hashtag #acookienameddesireacookienameddesire to tag me on Instagram!
A Cookie Named Desire is the brainchild of A Cookie Named Desire, a baker, photographer, and occasionally global traveler. Obsessed with assisting people in living life to the fullest by providing wonderful cuisine to share with the significant people in their lives and helping them create lasting memories.
Bring some zing to the holidays with apple pie moonshine, the fiery beverage of outlaws that has been domesticated with a hint of grandma’s apple pie flavoring. A one-of-a-kind present for adult friends. This is the finest apple pie moonshine recipe ever, and it’s perfect for long winter evenings and holiday gatherings. Imagine yourself curled up in front of a roaring fire, taking pleasure in the vibrant discussion of your company, reminiscing on the year’s events, and drinking from a jar of homemade liquid apple pie!
As a result, I know there are no Scrooges among you, and you are always willing to share your joyous discoveries with people in your immediate vicinity!
For those of you who are tired of the same old candies, fudges, cookies, and other baked goods, apple pie moonshine is a delicious way to switch things up this holiday season.
Hope you have a successful winter season having these jars in stock!
- It keeps you warm all the way through! It’s perfect for drinking on chilly evenings. A few basic ingredients are required
- The sweet apple pie spice profile is a favorite of reluctant drinkers
- And I simply like delivering homemade holiday presents in glass containers.
What Is Apple Pie Moonshine?
Apple pie moonshine is the legal version of this fantasy, and it is made from high strength grain alcohol that has been sugared and flavored. For the time being, put your white lightning fantasies to rest for another couple of decades, and then check up on your state’s liquor regulations. Flavored moonshine drinks have made the journey from the backwoods to the bourgeoisie, and they’ve done so effectively and humorously. Yeehaw! It is unfortunate that I will not be able to instruct you on how to evaporate some spicy whiskey and sneak it across state boundaries this afternoon.
WE’D LOVE TO BE FRIENDS ON PINTEREST!!
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Apple Pie Moonshine?
Those delicious apple pie flavors are combined with a strong adult beverage in apple pie moonshine beverages. Using apple juice and spiced apple cider, the apple pie element of this drink is combined and cooked with brown sugar, granulated sugar, and cinnamon sticks until it is thick and syrupy.
Together with some vodka, 190 proof Everclear (or a high proof grain alcohol alternative) is used to make the moonshine component of the recipe. The apple pie moonshine proofat 190 is not to be taken lightly — this is not a drink for the faint of heart or liver!
How To Make Apple Pie Moonshine
Our version is constructed in four simple stages. First, you’ll bring the apple drinks, sugar, and cinnamon to a boil, and then you’ll reduce the heat and simmer the mixture for an hour. Pour the cooled appley syrup into a bottle and label it as a gift for friends and family members who are lucky enough to get it! You should keep in mind that it tastes best if you let it stay in the refrigerator for a couple of days before drinking it. Consider giving myCranberry Apple Bourbon CocktailorSweet Red Sangriaa a go if your pals are begging for more of your adult holiday treats.
Step By Step: How To Make Apple Pie Moonshine
Cook the applesauce in a big saucepan over medium heat until the apple juice is bubbling and the applesauce is thick and sticky. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until the sugars are completely dissolved. Cover the saucepan and decrease the heat to a low setting to allow it to simmer. Remove the saucepan from the heat and allow it to cool fully. 2. Remove the cinnamon sticks from the syrup and stir in the Everclear and Vodka. 3. 3. Pour the moonshine into clean 16-ounce mason jars in batches of 12.
Fill each jar halfway with fresh cinnamon sticks.
Apple Pie Moonshine
Add a little spice to your holidays with apple pie moonshine, the fiery beverage of outlaws that has been domesticated with a hint of grandma’s apple pie. A one-of-a-kind present for adult friends. Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 1 hourTotal time: 1 hour and 10 minutes Jars with 1216 ounces of servings
- 1 gallonApple Juice
- 1 gallonSpiced Apple Cider
- 2 cupsDark Brown Sugar,Firmly Packed
- 1 cupGranulated Sugar
- 18 cinnamon sticks, divided
- 2 liters190 proof Everclear, or grain alcohol
- 1 1/2 litersVodka
- 2 liters
- A big saucepan should have enough space to hold all of the ingredients. Combine the apple juice, apple cider, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and 12 cinnamon sticks. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly, until the sugars are completely dissolved. Cover the saucepan, turn the heat down to low, and let it cook for an hour. Remove the saucepan from the heat and let it to cool completely
- Remove the cinnamon sticks from the syrup and stir in the Everclear and vodka until well combined. Fill 12 clean 16-ounce jars with moonshine, place a fresh new cinnamon stick in each jar, screw the lids on (you are not going to process the jars for canning, you are simply using the tops to cover the jars), and store in the refrigerator
- After 2 weeks, the moonshine will be ready to drink, but the flavor will increase greatly because it has had a chance to settle and mellow for 2 weeks.
Fans Also Made:
There were none found. COMMENT ON THIS RECIPE One-twelfth of the dish has 1545 calories, 128 grams of carbohydrates, 36 milligrams of sodium, 708 milligrams of potassium, 4 grams of fiber, and 113 grams of sugar. Vitamin A is 15IU, Vitamin C is 5.9mg, calcium is 134 milligrams, and iron is 1.5 milligrams. You’re Going to Want Seconds. The content and photos are protected by intellectual property rights. We invite you to share this dish with your friends and family. It is highly forbidden to copy and/or paste whole recipes into any social networking platform, website, or blog.
Recipe Notes For Apple Pie Moonshine:
Legality: While it is still illegal in most places to distill your own alcohol without the right permissions, what you are really doing in this recipe is putting together a drink. You are not involved in the production of the alcohol itself. Therefore, you need not be concerned about the “fuzz” knocking on your door! For additional in-depth information on the legality of any possible distillery endeavors, see the Cornell Law School’s Legal Information Institute.. The following is the alcohol concentration of apple pie moonshine: Because of its potency, this drink should only be consumed in little quantities.
- For your information, this recipe produces a drink with a proof of around 30 percent, although commercially available versions of apple pie moonshine are often 70 to 80 percent.
- It is available in two strengths: 151 proof and 190 proof, which implies that the alcohol concentration by volume is 75.5 percent or 95 percent, respectively.
- a blank slate…
- Although liquor regulations are always changing, at the time of writing, it was unlawful to purchase and sell Everclear in 15 states.
- If you are unable to get any high proof (and fairly priced) grain alcohol in your area, high proof vodka is a typical option.
- Here are some suggestions.
- You might also include a couple of small slices of green apple, but make sure your guests are aware that they will be snacking on these delicacies!
The apple will absorb a significant amount of alcohol and may result in unexpected drunkenness. Finish by wrapping the jar with string and adding an original label to make it even more personalized.
Can You Make Apple Pie Moonshine Ahead Of Time?
Yes, it is possible! The easiest way to prepare my apple pie moonshine drink is to start a couple of weeks in advance. After a few days of mellowing, the flavor just becomes better and better. Don’t worry if you’re short on time since the beverage is ready to consume as soon as it has cooled down. Make your decision months, weeks, days, or even hours in advance, depending on your availability.
How Do You Store Apple Pie Moonshine?
Apple pie made from scratch When storing moonshine, make sure to store it in the refrigerator. The freezer is ideal for storing items for a longer period of time. Although moonshine should not be frozen in the freezer, the reduced temperature will help to preserve the combination for a longer period of time. If you want the best results, fill the jar almost completely with liquid, cover it with a tight-fitting lid, and store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve or consume it.
How Long Does Flavored Moonshine Last?
Flavored moonshine does not keep as well as regular moonshine, and the spices may become less noticeable with time. Having said that, some individuals say that your moonshine only becomes better and smoother as the months go by, while others believe that the flavor peaks instantly and even mellows, and that if you store your jars for too long, you run the risk of making vinegar. Because distilling your own moonshine is still illegal in most locations, the testing is still going on today!
More Cocktail Recipes…
- Planters Punch, Hippie Juice, Creamsicle Drink, Lime Rickey (Artisan Mocktail), Sloe Gin Fizz, Gin and Ginger Ale, and more concoctions are available.
Apple Pie Moonshine Recipe
It’s possible that this Apple Pie Moonshine recipe may become your new favorite apple drink. Easy to create with only a few ingredients and really potent. You’ve probably wondered what it would taste like if you put a whole apple pie in a blender and turned it into a drink. No? Is it just me? The flavor of this apple moonshine is just what you’d expect it to be. For a variety of reasons, it is quite fascinating to witness. In addition, I did not develop this recipe. It was passed down to me from my brother, who had obtained it from a friend of theirs.
Who is really fantastic.
I was at a friend’s house delivering a cheesecake to my brother when they lured me into drinking away on this delicious cider.
I had no idea what I was talking about.
What do you need to make homemade moonshine?
To your surprise, you don’t require much. A nice apple cider is required for this dish. I really enjoy the spiced cider available at Trader Joe’s, as well as any cider prepared from fresh apples. You could, on the other hand, make your own handmade version! I have a recipe for slow cooker cider that is ridiculously wonderful. In addition, you’ll need a handful of cinnamon sticks, apple juice concentrate, sugar, water, and your favorite alcoholic beverage.
Tips for this recipe:
- Here’s the deal: the first time I made this, I used Everclear. Everclear is a STRONG substance. So, if you choose this option, please remember to drink responsibly. Actually, you should drink responsibly regardless of your choice. This drink is so unbelievably tasty that you might easily consume an excessive amount of it
- Allow for thorough cooling of the apple cider mixture before adding the alcohol
- Do you want to make your moonshine last a bit longer? It should be processed in mason jars. If properly refrigerated, this recipe should last for around four to six weeks.
How to make apple pie moonshine:
- In a large saucepan, whisk together the apple cider, apple juice concentrate, water, cinnamon, and sugar until well combined. Bring the water to a boil
- Reducing the heat to a simmer and cooking for 30 to 45 minutes, or until the cinnamon sticks have opened and the sugar has completely dissolved
- Remove the pan from the heat and set it aside to cool fully. Pour in the Everclear or Vodka and stir well. Pour into jars to save for later use and to enjoy
Here’s how it works with this moonshine… It may be consumed either warm or cold.
- To consume ice cold: Fill a cup half-full with ice. Pour the moonshine over the top and serve immediately
- Or To consume hot beverages: Heat till heated in a saucepan on the stovetop or in the microwave. Pour the mixture into a cup and enjoy it
Do you enjoy this recipe? The following are some other apple favorites you might like to try:
- Apple Crisp, Apple Cider Donuts, Caramel Apple Cupcakes, and Apple Pie Bars are just a few of the recipes you’ll find here.
- A mixture of 5 cups apple cider, 1 can apple juice concentrate, 3 cans water, 4 cinnamon sticks, 2-1/2 cups sugar, 1 to 1-1/2 cups Everclear or Vodka, and 4 cinnamon sticks
1. In a large saucepan, combine the apple cider, apple juice concentrate, water, cinnamon, and sugar until everything is well-combined. Bring the water to a boil. 2. Reduce the heat to a low simmer and cook for 30 to 45 minutes, or until the cinnamon sticks have opened and the sugar has completely dissolved.
3. Remove the pan from the heat and let it aside to thoroughly cool. 4. Add the Everclear or Vodka and stir well. Pour into jars to save for later use, and enjoy!
Yield:16 Serving Approximately half a cup The following is the amount of food per serving: Calories:205 0 g of total fat 0 g of saturated fat 0 g of Trans Fat 0 g of unsaturated fat Cholesterol:0mg Sodium:6mg Carbohydrates:36g Fiber:0g Sugar:34g Protein:0g Calories are supplied as a preliminary estimate by a third-party application.
How to Make Apple Pie Moonshine
Apple pie moonshine prepared from scratch is a delectable treat! It has a pleasant taste and is packed with apple and spices. It’s the perfect fall drink to enjoy on a cool autumn evening. Have you ever heard of apple pie moonshine? If not, you should. It’s a delectable beverage that puts a modern spin on the classic home-distilled gin cocktail. This delicious down-home drink is simple to create and is sure to impress a large group. Furthermore, its distinct all-American flavor blends nicely with summer barbecues and goes down flawlessly during an autumn date night with your significant other.
For more information on how to make apple pie moonshine and everything else you’ll need to know about this inventive handmade beverage, continue reading.
How to Make Apple Pie Moonshine
- A large saucepan for boiling the cider
- Canning jars for keeping the finished product Bowl with spout that is large in size
- Apple juice, apple cider, granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, and Ever Clear are all ingredients in this recipe.
- In a large saucepan, combine the apple cider, apple juice, sugars, and all of the spices
- Bring to a boil. Allow this mixture to boil for one hour. Continue to leave the heat off for another 30 minutes to allow the room to get to room temperature
- Remove the cinnamon sticks from the mixture and pour it into a large mixing bowl with a spout
- Add in the Ever Clear and give it a good swirl. In a large glass jar, pour the moonshine and cover with a lid until you are ready to serve it.
When making very pure cider, you can strain the mixture through cheesecloth to remove any spices that may have gotten into it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Don’t be concerned. Despite its name, this cocktail from the Prohibition era is totally legal, unless you’re making your own booze at home. Despite the fact that we use Everclear in this recipe, there are a range of legal moonshines available on the market that go well with the other tastes in this drink.
Is Everclear Moonshine?
In a technical sense, no. The city, however, has a long history of prohibition! And, while it isn’t technically considered black market liquor, Everclear is an excellent choice for making your own homemade apple pie moonshine.
Does Homemade Apple Pie Moonshine Spoil?
Using high proof alcohol, like as Everclear, will help to extend the shelf life of your homemade apple pie moonshine. So, before you attempt to make this drink using your favorite spirits, double-check the label to ensure that they do not contain excessive amounts of alcohol.
Can Apple Pie Moonshine Be at Room Temperature?
Instead of storing your apple moonshine in the refrigerator, you may keep it in tightly sealed mason jars in a cold, dry location. In addition, if you utilized liquor with a high percentage of alcohol, it should remain fresh for years after being opened. Only one thing you must remember is to keep your jars properly closed and out of the sun.
Does Apple Pie Moonshine Need to Be Refrigerated?
Is it okay if you’re going to put money aside in a jar for your grandchildren? Keeping your moonshine refrigerated can help it survive longer in your collection. However, it is unlikely that this will be necessary. If you choose to experiment with a smaller amount of alcohol in this recipe, keeping it in the refrigerator for a shorter period of time may help prevent it from deteriorating.
What to Add to Moonshine to Make It Taste Better?
What if you enjoy the concept of this recipe but want to amp up the flavor a notch? Why not experiment with apple cider moonshine? This version will not have the same fiery flavors as the traditional fall version, but will instead have a bright and delicious bite, bursting with fresh apples. Another excellent choice is cinnamon moonshine, which is fantastic for keeping warm on cool autumn nights. Add a few more spices, such as cloves and star anise, to give it a more exotic flavor. Moreover, this drink is a fascinating accent to a rustic modern Thanksgiving feast.
Now that you’ve learned the fundamentals, you’re undoubtedly eager to try out this delectable dish for yourself. To ensure that you have plenty to savor for years to come, create a large quantity and preserve your jars properly.
More Cocktail Recipes You’ll Love!
Punch made with lavender gin and tonic water Cranberry Vodka Punch is a simple recipe. Apple Cider Punch is a refreshing drink made with apples and cider. Cocktail with cranberries and thyme Please let us know if you create this moonshine by leaving a comment and a review in the section below! To view more great recipes, drinks, desserts, and parties, you may FOLLOW US onFACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, andPINTEREST.
- 8 cups apple juice
- 8 cups apple cider
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 5 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon powdered nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 3 glasses Everclear
- In a large saucepan, combine the apple cider, apple juice, sugars, and all of the spices
- Bring to a boil. Allow this mixture to boil for one hour. Continue to leave the heat off for another 30 minutes to allow the room to get to room temperature
- Remove the cinnamon sticks from the mixture and pour it into a large mixing bowl with a spout
- Add in the Everclear and give it a good swirl. In a large glass jar, pour the moonshine and cover with a lid until you are ready to serve it.
Because everyone has a different definition of how strong a drink should be, it’s better to start with less alcohol in a recipe and gradually increase the amount as you have a taste for it. Start with two cups and see how you like it after that! You may always add more, but once it’s in the cider mixture, it’s impossible to take it out. Although vodka can be used in this recipe, Everclear is the more typical choice for making moonshine. 162 calories|41 grams of carbohydrates|1 gram of protein|1 gram of fat|1 gram of saturated fat|10 milligrams of sodium|210 milligrams of potassium|1 gram of fiber|37 grams of sugar|3 IU vitamin A|2 mg vitamin C|31 grams of calcium|1 gram of iron