Either way—it depends on your preference and the type of drink. For example, you might drink straight moonshine at room temperature. Or, warm up some apple pie moonshine for a toasty, comforting drink on a cold fall or winter night. You can also drink it as a chilled cocktail with ginger ale or iced tea.
- Mix a can of light beer with a shot of moonshine for a boozy cocktail. Add 1 shot of moonshine into the bottom of a glass. Then, choose a lager or a light ale, and pour 12 oz (350 ML) of the beer into the glass. You can add ice for a cooler drink, or enjoy it without ice.
- 1 How do you drink a jug of moonshine?
- 2 Should you refrigerate moonshine?
- 3 How drunk does moonshine get you?
- 4 Does moonshine go bad in the fridge?
- 5 What mixes good with moonshine?
- 6 Is moonshine good for your health?
- 7 What is the best fruit to put in moonshine?
- 8 What is the best way to store moonshine?
- 9 Can you store moonshine in a plastic bottle?
- 10 What alcohol makes you last longer in bed?
- 11 Does moonshine give you a hangover?
- 12 What does real moonshine taste like?
- 13 Can you put fruit in a thump keg?
- 14 Can you age moonshine?
- 15 Can you eat the fruit in moonshine?
- 16 Apple Pie Moonshine
- 17 Apple Pie Moonshine Recipe
- 18 More Party Drinks To Try
- 19 Ingredients
- 20 Instructions
- 21 How to Drink Moonshine: 7 Steps (with Pictures)
- 22 How to “Cut” your Alcohol Distilling Run
- 23 Drink your own moonshine?: RedDeadOnline
- 24 What is the best way to drink moonshine?
- 25 How to Make Moonshine the Old-Fashioned Way in 6 Easy Steps
- 26 Hot Toddy Recipe for Cold (How to Make a Hot Toddy VIDEO)
- 27 Hot Toddy
- 28 Is a Hot Toddy a good cold remedy?
- 29 How to make a Hot Toddy
- 30 Best Cold Remedy
- 31 Hot Toddy without Whiskey
- 32 What to Mix with Moonshine
- 33 Coke
- 34 Grapefruit Juice
- 35 Ginger Ale
- 36 Sweet Vermouth
- 37 Lemonade
- 38 Iced Tea
- 39 Cinnamon Apple Moonshine
- 40 Cinnamon Apple Moonshine
- 41 How to Make Cinnamon Apple Moonshine
- 42 When to Serve Moonshine
- 43 How to Store your Cinnamon Apple Moonshine
- 44 How to Can Moonshine
- 45 Looking for More Apple Flavored Desserts?
- 46 Apple Pie Moonshine Cocktails
- 47 Apple Pie Moonshine Tasting Notes
- 48 Try These Additional Recipes
- 49 Your Aunt Was Right: The Hot Toddy Is The Cure to the Common Cold
- 50 Best Apple Pie Moonshine Recipe
- 51 Why This Apple Pie Moonshine Recipe Works
- 52 Expert Tips for Making Apple Pie Moonshine Recipe
- 53 Looking for More Homemade Moonshine Recipes
- 54 Items You Need to MakeApple Pie Moonshine Recipe
- 55 Apple Pie Moonshine
- 56 Apple Pie Moonshine
- 57 Reader Interactions
- 58 What I Love About This Recipe
- 59 How To Make Peach Moonshine Recipe
- 60 Recipe Notes
- 61 Peach Moonshine
- 62 More Cocktail Recipes
- 63 Conclusion
- 64 Reader Interactions
How do you drink a jug of moonshine?
“How to drink Moonshine”. If you watch the movies, you put jug on your arm, centered over your elbow and then raise the jug up until the shine flows out the spout. If you’re drinking with the “good ole boys”, you just pour it in a quart fruit jar and drink it straight.
Should you refrigerate moonshine?
Moonshine doesn’t require refrigeration for storage but storing your moonshine in a fridge won’t damage your spirits. The only elements that can change your moonshine are light, heat, and oxygen if your bottle is opened. If your moonshine is exposed to any of these elements, the flavor can be affected.
How drunk does moonshine get you?
9. Moonshine: 0-100 Real Quick Drunk. You will be fine one second, then, very shortly after drinking, you’ll be HAMMERED. You’ll feel yourself soaring above the legal limit as you begin to move less like a sober person and more like a marionette controlled by the jerky-handed puppet master known as moonshine.
Does moonshine go bad in the fridge?
Moonshine mixed with fruit will have a considerably shorter shelf life than pure moonshine. If unopened and stored correctly, it can last several years. If opened, the shelf life is shortened to around 3-6 months in the refrigerator. The reason why moonshine mixed with fruit goes bad quickly is because of evaporation.
What mixes good with moonshine?
What to Mix with Moonshine
- Coke. Moonshine is whiskey, so the classic combination of whiskey and Coke works whether that whiskey has spent time in a barrel or not.
- Grapefruit Juice. Flavorwise, this is sort of the poor American cousin of the Paloma.
- Ginger Ale.
- Sweet Vermouth.
- Iced Tea.
Is moonshine good for your health?
Illegal moonshine remains dangerous because it is mostly brewed in makeshift stills. It can be dangerous on two levels, both during the distilling process and when consuming it.
What is the best fruit to put in moonshine?
But you can subdue its potent taste by flavoring it with almost any fruit, including watermelon, peach, strawberry, raspberry, apple, lime or lemon. Just remember to add your fruit of choice while making the moonshine in order to avoid reducing the alcohol content.
What is the best way to store moonshine?
What’s the Best Way to Store Moonshine? Store it in sealed glass bottles in a dark location away from direct sunlight. Glass keeps the flavor authentic while preventing spoilage. If you want to store the moonshine for a long time, refrigerate it.
Can you store moonshine in a plastic bottle?
Stick With Glass For Long-Term Storage Storing moonshine in plastic containers for long periods of time may result in a change of flavor. You may notice a vinyl-like flavor and aroma from moonshine that’s stored in a plastic container. It’s safer, heat resistant, and a better all-around choice when compared to plastic.
What alcohol makes you last longer in bed?
According to sex expert Dr Kat Van Kirk, beer provides men with many benefits that help them last longer in bed and perform better, Medical Daily reports. However, in order to reap the rewards of the pints in the bedroom, beer-lovers should drink only in moderation.
Does moonshine give you a hangover?
The heads won’t make you blind, but the volatile alcohols they contain will give you a whopping hangover. The product also smells and tastes terrible, this is because of the acetone that is present.
What does real moonshine taste like?
What does moonshine taste like? Moonshine is a fermentation of corn mash, which is then distilled to produce strong alcohol. The result is a clear liquid that will taste strong and smooth, with slight tones of corn.
Can you put fruit in a thump keg?
This is the thumper liquid and it is meant to COOL the vapor that comes in from your pot still. If you want to infuse extra flavor into your moonshine, you can also add fruits, herbs, or spices at this stage. You can choose to add fruit peel, herbs, spices, and mashed ripe fruit directly into your thumper keg.
Can you age moonshine?
The process of making aged moonshine has been passed down through the generations. The distillation process is a step of its own, but the next step is blending the spirit. This is done by adding flavors to it and allowing it to age.
Can you eat the fruit in moonshine?
The infused flavors are hand-packed with real fruit to impart flavor and color, without making the moonshine overly sweet. The fruit is preserved in the alcohol, making it safe to eat even for years after the jar has been opened, even if Midnight Moon recommends against it.
Apple Pie Moonshine
Apple Pie Moonshine, anyone? Using apple cider juice and a combination of unflavored and vanilla vodka, create an adult drink that is apple flavored and spiced for fall! Whether cold or heated, this dish is delicious! This is also a wonderful present to give to others throughout the holiday season.
Apple Pie Moonshine Recipe
Alan and I were successful! We are now officially the parents of children who are in their twenties! Our kid, who turned twenty years old yesterday, has officially outgrown his adolescent years. 🙂 Whoop-Whoop… ANDwe still have a full head of hair on both of us. Isn’t this something that screams for a congratulatory cocktail for the parents? YES! And I’ve got the ideal party cocktail, thanks to my sister, that I’m sharing with you!
Easy Homemade Moonshine
So allow me to clarify something for a second. I’m not showing you anything that is against the law. When you hear the term moonshine, also known as hooch, you may immediately think of lawbreakers who make their own whiskey in their garages or basements. You would have broken the law if you were distilling your own alcohol in the 18th century, whether it was to avoid paying taxes or sell your concoction. Well, we all have a little rebel in us, so I thought it would be fun to bring back a simple moonshine recipe that wouldn’t get us in jail this time around.
Ingredients For Apple Pie Moonshine:
- In addition to apple cider, Trader Joe’s also sells apple cider flavored with spices throughout the Christmas season. Aside than that, I enjoy the brand. CiderSpice from R.W. Knudsen
- Apple juice–preferably fresh apple juice from a nearby apple farm if at all feasible. Simply Apple Juice is another favorite of mine. Optional: sugar (granulated and brown) – this isn’t necessary because the apple cider and apple juice are already sweet, but the sugars give the mixture an extra boost and you want it to be sweet. Sticks of cinnamon are used in this recipe. A blend of vanilla flavored and plain vodka (40 percent alcohol) was used in this recipe. It doesn’t have to be pricey
- Just a brand that you enjoy is sufficient. For a stronger form of moonshine, use Everclear brand vodka (94.5 percent alcohol by volume).
Moonshine Recipes Are Potent!
I believe that any vodka, when combined with sweet apple juice and cider, will provide us with all of the kick we need in this drink. This is one of those innocuous-sounding but lethal concoctions. Your typical sugary mixture, which is simple to drink because the alcohol is hidden by the sweetness of the concoction. However, it is very delicious! If you are hosting an autumn celebration, this is a lovely drink to serve. Just remember to remind your visitor that, even though it’s a smooth drink, they should sip it slowly.
When everything is finished, it tastes just like apple pie!
Can This Be Made In A Crock Pot?
Yes! If you want to prepare it in a slow cooker instead of on the stovetop, combine all of the ingredients and cook on high for 3 hours.
How To Store Apple Pie Moonshine
It is possible to keep moonshine fresh for several weeks if it is stored in an airtight container such as a mason jar in the refrigerator. Alternatively, you may freeze it, as I mentioned in my post on how to create limoncello (link). This will be fresh for up to two years if it is frozen. Despite the fact that I am sure it will be long gone by then, especially if you share! Give it a few days to mix all of the tastes together when you’ve finished making it, and you’ll have the greatest tasting moonshine possible.
When sharing with a friend, hairstylist, or as a hostess present during the holiday party season, a tiny jar filled with apple pie moonshine is always welcomed and appreciated.
What To Serve With Homemade Moonshine
When serving moonshine, make sure to provide a substantial dinner to keep everyone satisfied. Here are a few mouthwatering suggestions:
- Pork Sirloin Tips with Mushrooms from The Foodie Affair
- Quick Beef Chili from Southern Living
- White Bean Chili from The Foodie Affair
- French Dip Sandwich from Pioneer Woman
- Slow Cooked Sirloin Tips with Mushrooms from The Foodie Affair
More Party Drinks To Try
Pork Sirloin Tips with Mushrooms from The Foodie Affair; Quick Beef Chili from Southern Living; White Bean Chili from The Foodie Affair; French Dip Sandwich from Pioneer Woman; Quick Beef Chili from Southern Living; Quick Beef Chili from Southern Living; French Dip Sandwich from Pioneer Woman.
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Granulated sugar
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 750 mL (24.5 ounces) Vodka
- Add the apple cider, apple juice, brown and granulated sugar, and cinnamon sticks to a large stock pot and bring to a boil. Bring to a gentle boil, then turn down the heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for 30-45 minutes on low heat. Remove the pan from the heat and mix in the vodka. Take out the cinnamon sticks
- Enjoy warm or cold, and store leftovers in airtight containers in the refrigerator
Yield:58 1/4 cup (about) each serving The following is the amount of food per serving: Calories:21 0 g of total fat 0 g of saturated fat 0 g of Trans Fat 0 g of unsaturated fat Cholesterol:0mg Sodium:6mg Carbohydrates:5g Fiber:0g Sugar:5g Protein:0g Remember that the nutritional information supplied is only a guideline and may vary depending on the brand of items that are utilized. Use the recipe calculators on My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit to find recipes that meet your individual nutritional needs.
How to Drink Moonshine: 7 Steps (with Pictures)
It is preferable not to drink from the bar, but rather from the barrels adjacent to it. Drinking your own shine from the bar reduces the amount of time it takes to complete the brewing procedure. level 1. xHAcoreRDx. 3 points a year and a half ago. level 2. You’ll need the bar so that you may dispense the moonshine as you’re brewing it. level 1 (Daggla) – 2 points received 9 months ago Bring 2.5 to 3 quarts of water to a boil. Remove pan from heat and stir in cracked corn and oats. (Please note that this will be a touch bumpy.) Continue stirring and breaking up lumps as needed.
It is simpler to just break apart the lumps.) This is going to be thick.
How to “Cut” your Alcohol Distilling Run
Refrigerating moonshine will almost certainly not harm it. In addition, light and heat can cause slight changes in the flavor of the liquor, which is why it’s best to store it in a cold, dark spot away from direct sunlight to prevent this from happening. In addition, storing moonshine in the smallest bottle possible will assist to retain the flavor by limiting the amount of time the whiskey has to come into touch with oxygen. Moonshine, a type of liquor manufactured without the involvement of the government, may be far more powerful than licensed alcohol.
Although it is acceptable to consume up to three ounces per serving, I have seen it consumed in bigger quantities, particularly on cold outdoor evenings such as Halloween or when caroling.
People have been creating moonshine for years, despite the fact that they have few resources.
What exactly are they?
It’s a good thing that you can now brew your own alcoholic beverages. Popcorn would be pleased with this. (1) Moonshine was given this name because it was historically produced at night in order to avoid detection by law authorities.
Drink your own moonshine?: RedDeadOnline
In the United Kingdom, the term “moonshine” was initially used to refer to any illicit behavior that took place during the night hours. During Prohibition in the United States in the early twentieth century, the word was used to describe illegal spirits made late at night out of sight of the police. Many countries, however, have their own variations of the spirit, and Puerto Rico’s is referred to as “pitorro.” Mountain dew, choop, hooch, homebrew, shiney, white lightning, white liquor, white whiskey, and mash liquor are some of the numerous nicknames for moonshine used in English, including mountain dew, choop, hooch, homebrew, shiney, and mash liquor.
- Stills for making moonshine.
- What is the best way to determine whether moonshine is safe to consume?
- c) Yellow: You run the danger of going blind if you drink it.
- Looking for the greatest apple pie moonshine recipe using Everclear 151?
- Continue reading, and DADONG will assist you in determining the answer to the recipe.
- There is no doubt that this beverage is not the same as your children’s apple juice!
- If you consume it, it is unlikely to kill you or cause you to become blind, but it will almost certainly contribute significantly to a lingering hangover.
What is the best way to drink moonshine?
It appears to be much more appealing. Whenever you think of moonshine, you automatically think of a mason jar. The two are inextricably linked. When you drink moonshine from a mason jar, it simply appears a little more appealing. Not only does it keep the moonshine fresh, but the jar also gives it the “genuine” moonshine feel that you would receive if you were drinking moonshine during the Prohibition time. Despite the fact that it contains no apple pie spice, you’d believe you were sipping a pie.
- You have been forewarned of this.
- A can of light beer and a shot of moonshine are combined to make a boozy drink.
- Pour 12 oz (350 ML) of the beer into the glass, and then pick a lager or a light ale to drink it with.
- What should the flavor of moonshine be like?
- x represents the amount of moonshine produced.
- The total volume of the mixture is given by x+y.
- The proof of the final mix is number 80.
- 120x is equal to 80x plus 80y.
- 40x/40 = 80y/40 x = 2y.
- You may also serve the drink hot by boiling the coffee in a mug and pouring it into a cup to serve.
The moonshine can be infused for up to a month before being bottled. After a month, discard the beans. This is a perfect pairing. Serve this Coffee Moonshine with Scottish Shortbread Cookies for a delicious dessert option.
How to Make Moonshine the Old-Fashioned Way in 6 Easy Steps
By reducing the amount of alcohol in the drink, you will not alter the flavor of the drink. It yielded over 4 quarts of Crock-Pot Root Beer Moonshine from this recipe. Location the lids and rings on the jars and keep them in a cold, dry place for a minimum of 7 days before using them to make the sauce. You can, on the other hand, keep it for an indefinite period of time. When Should Moonshine Be Served? We were a bit taken aback by how delicious it tasted the same day it is prepared. However, and this is something I strongly recommend, allowing the jars to cool for 2-3 weeks before drinking results in an incredible drink.
The fact that you just have to cook it once and enjoy it for up to a year is one of the reasons why this batch is so enormous.
If you don’t want to consume your entire batch of moonshine immediately after it’s been distilled, you’ll need to preserve it correctly so that you may enjoy it later.
A batch of white lightning that has been poorly stored, on the other hand, may spoil or deteriorate, leaving you with a wasted batch of white lightning.
Hot Toddy Recipe for Cold (How to Make a Hot Toddy VIDEO)
A hot toddy is wonderful on a cold night in any season, but I particularly enjoy this hot toddy recipe for calming a cold. When I’m feeling under the weather and coughing up a lung, this warm drink is my go-to dish. A traditional whiskey hot toddy is the most effective cold treatment, as well as the most delicious! A simple and delicious DIY remedy for a common cold that is far easier to prepare than cough medication! In no time, you’ll be able to ease your cold thanks to your newfound knowledge of Hot Toddy preparation.
If you’ve ever wanted to know how to create a hot toddy, look no further… It’s really simple! Warming up with this traditional hot toddy recipe is the great way to soothe a sore throat or cough. It’s the beginning of cold and flu season! EVERY SINGLE WINTER, I come down with a nasty head cold. In the event that I am forced to pick between swallowing a cap-full of grape-flavored cough syrup or sipping this Hot Toddy for a Cold, I believe you can guess which option I will take. Yes, Dimetapp appeared to taste very delicious when I was a youngster, but for those above the age of 21, a shot of whiskey is the best cure for a cold.
This drink recipe is calming, tasty, and really simple to make.
The warmth of this drink is also ideal for any chilly, wet, or snowy night throughout the winter, regardless of whether or not you are feeling under the weather. Everyone above the age of 21 (aren’t we fortunate!) will enjoy this Hot Toddy Recipe, which is simple to make and delicious.
Is a Hot Toddy a good cold remedy?
If you’ve ever wanted to know how to create a hot toddy, look no further…. It is ridiculously simple! Warming up with this traditional hot toddy recipe is the great way to relieve a sore throat or cough. Seasonal influenza and colds are in full swing this year. EVERY SINGLE WINTER, I have a terrible head cold. In the event that I am forced to pick between swallowing a cap-full of grape-flavored cough medicine or sipping this Hot Toddy for a Cold, I believe you can guess which option I will select!
If you ask me, it’s without a doubt the finest cold cure!
Despite the fact that I do not pretend to be a medical professional, it appears to be effective as an anti-inflammatory.
Everyone above the age of 21 (aren’t we fortunate!
How to make a Hot Toddy
This cold treatment is simple to prepare, which is beneficial because you’re probably not feeling well when you’re putting it together. A few calming ingredients, a microwave, and around 5 minutes are all you need to make this recipe. Ingredients for a Hot Toddy:
- Honey, ginger, and lemon juice
- Whiskey (of excellent quality)
- Hot water
Making a Hot Toddy is simple.
- Whiskey, water, and lemon juice are combined. 1 minute in the microwave (or until heated)
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the honey and ginger (for an added kick to that cold)
Now it’s time to drink! This hot toddy for a cold can quickly warm you up while also soothing your throat. It’s the ideal beverage to have before night to aid with sleep induction.
Best Cold Remedy
Drinking this hot toddy to get rid of a cough is far more enjoyable than taking medication! No, I’m not a doctor, and I certainly don’t suggest that this will be a substitute for medical treatment, but I believe that a hot toddy with a cold cure will help you to feel better. The combination of warm water, honey, lemon, and whiskey for a cold has a certain magic about it that can truly lift anyone’s spirits.
Benefits of Drinking a Hot Toddy:
- Whiskey is an excellent decongestant, and it can help to relieve any discomfort connected with a head cold. If you have a sore throat, hot beverages of any type are a wonderful approach to relieve it
- Honey and lemon are effective in relieving coughing and congestion. Ginger is an optional component, although it is quite effective in alleviating cold symptoms.
Being unwell is not an excuse for not having a good time with your friends and family! In fact, whether or not you’re suffering from the winter cold and flu blues, this is a soothing drink to sip on while watching television. We do not discriminate in any way. With its soothing properties, this Hot Toddy will soothe each and everyone (except children under the age of 21).
Hot Toddy for Coughing
If you find yourself looking for “Hot Toddy For Cough” on the internet… I’m available to assist you. This drink, consumed once a day, keeps the doctor at bay. The process of waiting to visit a doctor is made slightly more pleasant by using this method. Cold and flu season is a complete disaster and a financial burden on families. Nothing will be cured by this hot toddy (there is no such thing as a genuine cure for a cold; you simply have to cope with the symptoms), but I know it will boost some spirits while relaxing your throat.
Coughs and sore throats are certain to be relieved with this remedy. Whiskey is delicious in this manner! If you’re looking for something warm and comforting to drink on a cold day, this recipe is for you. GET OUT OF HERE, Cold and Flu Season!
Hot Toddy without Whiskey
It’s possible you’ve come across the phrase “Hot Toddy For Cough”… For your convenience, I’ll be available. This drink, consumed once a day, keeps the doctor at bay! If nothing else, it helps to make waiting for a doctor’s appointment more bearable. It is such a hassle and a financial burden on families throughout the cold and flu season! Nothing will be cured by this hot toddy (there is no such thing as a genuine cure for a cold; you simply have to cope with the symptoms), but I am confident that it will boost some spirits while also relaxing the throat.
In this way, whiskey is delicious!
This dish is just what you need.
- 2 ounces whiskey or bourbon (optional) Purchase some of reasonably excellent quality. You’ve got a cold! You are deserving of the finest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 4 ounces water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cube crystallized ginger (optional)
- 1 slice fresh lemon for garnish
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- In a microwave-safe dish, combine the whiskey, water, and lemon juice
- Microwave for 30 seconds. For 1 minute or until boiling hot, microwave on high for 1 minute. Add the honey and ginger, if you’re using it, and mix well. Add a lemon slice for garnish and sit back and relax
- You and your cold have earned it.
Calories: 242 kilocalories (12 percent ) 27 g of carbohydrate (9 percent ) Sodium:7mg 26 g of sugar (29 percent ) Vitamin C (3.9 milligrams) (5 percent )
Claim your free ebook!
Subscribe to receive posts in your inbox as soon as they are published! In addition, you will receive our FREE booklet! Please Count Me In
What to Mix with Moonshine
In the United States, moonshine, often known as unaged whiskey, has earned a reputation as a renegade spirit. Throughout the United States, from the hollows of Kentucky and West Virginia to the tenements of New York City, it was illegally produced and consumed. The once-illicit spirit failed to achieve widespread acceptance in the bartending community since its earthy flavor and distinctive burn did not make it the most pleasant bottle to deal with. When making a basic two-ingredient drink, those characteristics still provide some distinct obstacles, but there are still plenty of mixers available that give drinkable results in a short time.
When whiskey is used to make moonshine, the standard combination of whiskey and Coke works regardless of whether the whiskey has been aged in a barrel. There are cola undertones in some of the sweeter, corn-heavy moonshines, which helps to bridge the gap between the two components.
In terms of flavor, this is somewhat of the poor man’s version of thePaloma in the United States. You can certainly taste the differences between the two components: the moonshine has a strong, earthy undertone, and the grapefruit juice is bright and lemony, with a layer of bright, zesty grapefruit juice on top.
No matter which mixer you choose, you will never be able to replicate the distinct and strong flavor of moonshine completely. To get this effect, however, ginger ale should be mixed in with the vodka. Please keep in mind that we are not discussing ginger beer here. In a Highball, the sweeter ginger ale aids in the smoothest possible passage of the moonshine.
If you want to make your moonshine into something stronger than a Manhattan, here is the method to use.
You may make a Manhattan with the classic 2:1 whiskey to vermouth ratio, but we prefer a 50/50 split even better. It’s important to mix it down well with plenty of ice because you want some dilution to mellow all of the tastes.
Moonshine helps to balance out the sweetness of bottled lemonade, resulting in a drink that is far superior than the sum of its parts. Simply combine these two ingredients in a pint glass filled with ice for the ideal summer picnic beverage.
A bottled iced tea, like some of the other mixers that work well with moonshine, produces a more pleasant end product than the more strong versions that you may brew from yourself. However, if you’re experimenting with this one, keep in mind that it’s easy to go overboard. We discovered that adding an ounce of whiskey for every three ounces of iced tea gives the drink the right punch it needs to be a refreshing alternative to a more traditional beverage.
Cinnamon Apple Moonshine
Bottled iced tea, like other mixers that work well with moonshine, produces a more pleasant end product than the more powerful variants that you may brew from yourself. It’s important to remember, though, that it’s easy to go overboard when mixing this one up.. We discovered that adding an ounce of whiskey for every three ounces of iced tea gives the cocktail the right punch it needs to be a refreshing alternative to a more traditional drink.
Cinnamon Apple Moonshine
Moonshine has been around for generations, but it truly gained popularity in the 18th century when people began creating their own moonshine in order to avoid paying the federal liquor tax on distilled spirits. Fortunately, moonshine is still available and it is not illegal to consume. There’s no need to go to a speakeasy to enjoy an alcoholic beverage when you can manufacture one at home! And, you may do it at any time of day; you don’t have to wait till the middle of the night under the light of the moon unless you really want to!
How to Make Cinnamon Apple Moonshine
Whether you name it moonshine, white lightning, homemade liquor, or shiney, whatever you choose to call it, it has survived the test of time for a good reason. You don’t need much of it, or else you won’t be able to stand for very long! Then again, sometimes a cold night (or day–we’re not judging here) calls for something to keep you warm! It takes a little patience to make Cinnamon Apple Moonshine, but once you do, you will have enough to last you for quite some time, and it is actually quite simple!
- In a large saucepan, add all of the non-alcoholic components, including the apple juice, apple cider, both sugars, cinnamon, and apple pie spice. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes. Because I like to use McCormick Ground Cinnamon instead of cinnamon sticks, you will note that there are no cinnamon sticks in the actual recipe. It’s nice to have the cinnamon sticks around for decoration. Bring the ingredients to a low boil, then decrease the heat to a low setting and allow it to simmer for around an hour. Allow the mixture to cool fully before adding the all-important alcohol after it has simmered for a while. Ensure that the temperature is 150°F or below before adding the alcohol (if you want to be precise). After you’ve mixed in the vodka and Everclear, pour the mixture into your containers to refrigerate. If you are unable to locate Everclear 190, you can substitute Everclear 151 or the highest proof vodka that you can locate instead. (This will result in an increase in the amount of vodka.)
When to Serve Moonshine
We were a bit taken aback by how delicious it tasted the same day it is prepared. However, and this is something I highly suggest, allowing the jars to cool for 2-3 weeks before drinking results in an absolutely delicious drink. The longer it is allowed to sit, the better. The fact that you just have to prepare it once and enjoy it for up to a year (depending on how much you drink!) is one of the reasons why this batch is so enormous.
How to Store your Cinnamon Apple Moonshine
Most moonshine is served in mason jars, as I am sure you are aware. In addition to its aesthetic appeal, using a glass jar for storing the Cinnamon Apple Moonshine has several advantages. Here are some of them: For starters, using a glass jar can aid in the development of the moonshine flavor. This is critical since you will most likely want to keep some for a long period of time. It does not have to be a mason jar, but it does have to be a jar that can be closed securely. Second, unlike a plastic container, a glass will prevent your moonshine from becoming bad before it is consumed.
And lastly, there’s something about drinking moonshine from a mason jar that just seems right, doesn’t it?!? I prefer to use mason jars since it gives me the option of canning the food if I don’t have enough room in my refrigerator. When it comes to canning…
How to Can Moonshine
In the event that you are canning, be certain that your jars have been properly sterilized before adding the moonshine. Fill your jars halfway with moonshine, being sure to leave at least 1/2 inch of space at the top. Using a clean cloth, wipe the jar’s rim free of any residue. Place the canning lids on top of the jars. Attach the outer ring by screwing it on. Immerse the jars in boiling water for 10-20 minutes, depending on how big they are. After 24 hours, take the jars from the water and set them aside on a counter lined with a towel to dry completely.
Here’s a nice tutorial on canning that I found: Canning in a Water Bath Always be certain that you are following all of the USDA’s safety rules when you are canning anything edible.
Looking for More Apple Flavored Desserts?
Scones with Caramel Apples and Pecans Apple Muffins Made the Old-Fashioned Way Bread with Apples and CinnamonGlazed Apple Cinnamon BreadWarm your insides with cinnamon Apple Moonshine is an alcoholic beverage made from apples and cinnamon that is great for cold winter nights. Course:Drinks Cuisine:American Moonshine, Apple Moonshine, Cinnamon Moonshine, Moonshine, Moonshine 12 quart mason jars (servings) Calories:387kcal
- Apple pie ingredients: 1 gallonapple juice, 1 gallonapple cider, 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar, 3 cups (600g) brown sugar, 5 teaspoonsMcCormick cinnamon, 1 teaspoonapple pie spice, 1literEverclear 190 proof (or 151 proof grain alcohol), 1liter vodka
- Put all of the ingredients in a big saucepan and stir until everything is well combined. Add the cinnamon and apple pie spice towards the end and stir well. Bringing the water to a low rolling boil, then reducing the heat to low and simmering for 1 hour
- Remove the pan from the heat and let it to cool fully
- Add the everclear and vodka and mix well. Pour the mixture into glass bottles and place them in the refrigerator until ready to serve. This is a large batch, so make sure you have enough refrigerator room for it. For instructions on how to can this recipe, see the section above. (Canning may be kept at room temperature for a long time.) It is possible to serve it hot or cold. (We much enjoy it when it’s chilly!)
In the event that you wish to produce a smaller batch, I can assist you! Simply move your mouse cursor over the AMOUNT next to the servings to see the total. Servings: 12 jars, for example. The screen will be replaced by a slider bar, which you may move around to make the amount you desire. The amounts in the recipe will automatically adjust to the size of the servings you select when you print it. This technique of modifying amount only works on a DESKTOP computer, not a mobile device.
meet Amanda Rettke
Amanda Rettke is the founder of I Am Baker and the bestselling author of Surprise Inside Cakes: Amazing Cakes for Every Occasion – With a Little Something Extra Inside. She lives in Los Angeles with her husband and two children. She has been featured in and collaborated with a variety of publications and organizations, including the Food Network, the New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, Country Living Magazine, People Magazine, Epicurious, Brides, Romantic Homes, life:beautiful, Publishers Weekly, the Daily Mail, the Star Tribune, the Globe and Mail, DailyCandy, YumSugar, The Kitchn, and Parade, to name a few.
Apple Pie Moonshine Cocktails
Cocktails made with apple pie moonshine Madeline Klein2019-05-02T19:44:26+00:00https://www.madelinek.com/
Apple Pie Moonshine Tasting Notes
Swede Hill Apple Pie Moonshine (about 2 oz.) 1-ounce Caramel Vodka (optional) 6-8 ounces of hot apple cider Serve while still warm, with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Spiced Apple Sour
The Swede Hill Apple Pie Moonshine (included in the price) measures 2 oz. vodka with caramel flavoring (one ounce) 6-8 oz. of hot apple cider, depending on the temperature. Serve while still heated, topped with cinnamon.
Caramel Apple Tini
Swede Hill Apple Pie Moonshine, 12 oz. Swede Hill Apple Pie Moonshine 1-ounce Caramel Vodka (optional) 12 oz.
Whipped Cream Vodka (optional) 1 oz. Ginger Ale (optional) In a shaker filled with ice, combine all of the ingredients and mix lightly before straining into a chilled martini glass rimmed with Apple Pie Moonshine and crushed graham cracker crumbs.
Moonshine made from apple pie, 1 12 oz. Swede Hill Moonshine vodka with caramel flavoring (one ounce) Whisky with Whipped Cream Vodka (1.2 oz.) one and a half ounces ginger ale Mix everything in a shaker filled with ice and shake lightly before straining into a chilled martini glass rimmed with Apple Pie Moonshine and graham crackers.
Apple Pie on the Rocks
Swede Hill Apple Pie should be served warm. Pour the moonshine over ice and serve immediately.
Swede Hill Apple Pie Moonshine (about 2 oz.) Juice from 4 oz. cranberries or cranberries with raspberries Lime Soda with a Splash of Lemon On the rocks is the way to go. Depending on your preference, garnish with a maraschino cherry and an apple slice.
Spiced Pear Martini
Swede Hill Apple Pie (serves 2) Moonshine 12 oz. Simple Syrup1 oz. Pear Vodka1 oz. Simple Syrup 12 ounces of Cranberry Juice 2 lemons, sliced into wedges and muddled together Shake all of the ingredients together and pour into a martini glass to serve.
Spiced Apple Cider
Swede Hill Apple Pie Moonshine (one ounce) a shot of Swede Hill American Whiskey and one glass of apple cider Fill the glass halfway with ice. Fill the remainder of the way with apple cider once you’ve poured in the shots. Serve with a cinnamon stick as a garnish.
Try These Additional Recipes
Moonshine made from Swede Hill Apple Pie, 1 oz. a shot of Swede Hill American Whiskey and one glass of Apple Cider Half-fill the glass with ice and set it aside for later. Fill the remainder of the way with apple cider once you’ve poured in your shot glasses. Add a cinnamon stick for garnishing purposes.
The Big Apple
Swede Hill Apple Pie Moonshine (about 3/4 oz.) 2 ounces of brandy (or Bourbon) 12 oz. Sweet Vermouth (optional) Add a dash of Angostura bitters. In an old-fashioned glass, combine all of the ingredients with ice. Stir in the garnishes.
Swede Hill Apple Pie Moonshine (about 3/4 ounce) brandy, 2 oz (or Bourbon) Sugared Vermouth (12 ounces) Angostura bitters (a dash of each) In an old-fashioned glass, combine all of the ingredients with some ice. Garnish with a twist of peppermint leaves.
Swede Hill Apple Pie (serves 2) Moonshine 1 ounce of brandy 1 oz. Irish Cream (optional) Shake all of the ingredients vigorously with ice. Pour the mixture into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a pinch of freshly grated cinnamon and nutmeg if desired.
Apple Pie with a Cherry on Top
Swede Hill Apple Pie Moonshine, 3 oz. Swede Hill Apple Pie Moonshine 3 ounces of Apple Cider 1 ounce of Amaretto Combine all of the ingredients in a coffee mug and microwave for 45 seconds. Garnish with whipped cream, cinnamon, and a maraschino cherry for extra flavor.
An Apple A Day
1 ounce of Swede Hill Apple Pie Moonshine is a delicious alcoholic beverage. 1 ounce of bourbon Add a dash of Angostura bitters. a slice of lemon Ginger Ale is a popular beverage in the United States. Combine the Apple Pie Moonshine, the bitters, and the bourbon in a Collins glass filled with ice. Squeeze a lemon wedge into the glass and set aside. Make a thorough stir. Finish with a splash of ginger ale.
Hot Buttered Apple Pie
Swede Hill Apple Pie Moonshine (about 2 oz.) hot buttered rum mix (around 2 tablespoons) 4 oz.
Apple Juice or Apple Cider 2 oz. hot waterMix well and serve while still warm.
Caramel Apple Pie
Swede Hill Apple Pie, 12 oz. Swede Hill Apple Pie Moonshine 1 12 oz. Toffee Liqueur3 oz. Toffee Liqueur1 12 oz. Chocolate Liqueur In a shaker filled with ice, combine all of the ingredients and mix lightly before straining into a cold martini glass. Finish with a sprinkle of chopped nuts.
Apple Pie A La Mode
Swede Hill Apple Pie Moonshine, 3 oz. Swede Hill Apple Pie Moonshine Blend the ingredients in a blender until smooth and serve in a cold glass. 1 tablespoon peanut butter3 nice scoops vanilla ice cream
Hot Apple Pie
3 oz. Swede Hill Apple Pie Moonshine12 – 1 oz. Fireball WhiskeyCombine all of the ingredients in a shaker filled with ice and shake briskly until well combined. Pour into a cocktail glass that has been chilled.
Please Enjoy Our Spirits Responsibly
a link to the page’s load
Your Aunt Was Right: The Hot Toddy Is The Cure to the Common Cold
With the changing of the seasons and the lowering of temperatures, it is likely that you or someone you know will catch a cold at least once throughout the course of the year. And while there are several over-the-counter medicines available at your local pharmacy, it may be preferable to visit your local liquor shop, get a beautiful bottle of whiskey, and whip up a batch ofHot Toddyinstead. It is important to get enough sleep while you have a cold since being well rested is one of the most effective strategies for your body to fight off the illness.
- People have been using the Hot Toddy as a natural cure for relieving all of the aches and symptoms associated with the common cold for decades (or maybe even millennia).
- the placebo effect).
- Don’t let a drop pass you by!
- Many of us utilize cold and cough medications such as NyQuil because they not only relieve congestion, but they also aid in our ability to fall asleep more quickly.
- Whiskey is a fantastic decongestant because the alcohol in it dilates the blood vessels, making it simpler for your mucous membranes to cope with the infection it has caused.
- And by the time you’ve finished the drink, you’ll not only be able to breathe a little easier, but the alcohol will also begin to work its magic in the sleep area, leaving you just tired enough to get some much-needed rest.
However, although a single drink’s worth of alcohol might help you go asleep and wake up feeling refreshed, drinking too much can cause you to wake up in the morning with worse symptoms than you had before. So pick one and stick with it, and you should be OK.
Here’s Our Recipe for the Best Hot Toddy:
- Winter is here, which means it is likely that you or someone you know will have a cold at least once throughout the course of the year, especially when temperatures drop and seasons shift. Though you can find lots of OTC treatments at your local pharmacy, it would really be a better idea to head to your local liquor store and pick yourself a lovely bottle of whiskey so you can brew your own hot toddy (a whiskey cocktail). It is important to get enough sleep while you have a cold since being well rested is one of the most effective ways your body can fight it off. Even though you could turn to NyQuil to try and assist with that task, a Hot Toddy works just as well — and slightly more naturally — at alleviating your symptoms, allowing you to rock off to sleep without the morning grogginess that some people experience after taking nighttime cough and cold medicine. Traditionally, people have used the Hot Toddy as a natural medicine for relieving all of the aches and symptoms associated with the common cold for decades (or maybe centuries). To a large extent, it was just supposed that it was one of those antidotes (such as chicken soup) that worked simply because your brain believed it would work rather than because there was genuine scientific evidence to back it up (a.k.a. the placebo effect). From a scientific standpoint, however, it turns out that a Hot Toddy is actually rather effective in relieving a cold. Never let a drop pass you by. The newest news in beer, wine, and cocktail culture will be delivered directly to your inbox every week. Cold and cough medications such as NyQuil are popular since they not only relieve congestion but also aid in the process of falling asleep. The components of a Hot Toddy, which consist mostly of whiskey, hot water, honey, and lemon, have the same effect as those in a Hot Toddy. With its decongestant properties, whiskey’s alcohol dilates blood vessels, allowing your mucous membranes to more easily cope with an infection. When combined with hot water (or herbal tea, if you prefer), a squeeze of honey, a squeeze of lemon, and the warm steam rising from the drink, you have the ideal recipe to help clear up cold symptoms. And by the time you’ve finished the drink, you’ll not only be able to breathe a little easier, but the alcohol will also begin to work its magic in the sleep area, lulling you to sleep just long enough for you to get some much-needed rest. There is such a thing as drinking too many Hot Toddies if your objective is to truly feel better. This is true of any cure that includes alcohol as a primary element. Despite the fact that a single glass of alcohol might help you go asleep and feel relaxed, consuming too much alcohol can cause you to wake up the next morning with worse symptoms than you experienced the night before! You should be OK if you stick to just one method.
In a coffee or tea cup, combine all of the ingredients. Garnish with a lemon wedge studded with a clove and serve immediately. Date of publication: October 1, 2021
Best Apple Pie Moonshine Recipe
- It is possible that this content contains affiliate links. For additional information, please see my disclosure policy, which may be found here. This simple Apple Pie Moonshine recipe makes a delectable beverage that anybody can make. This quick moonshine recipe is always the talk of the party, and everyone raves about how delicious it is. Plus, you won’t believe how simple it is to put together! Prep:5minutes Cook:1hour Total:1hour5minutes This simple Apple Pie Moonshine recipe makes a delectable beverage that anybody can make. This quick moonshine recipe is always the talk of the party, and everyone raves about how delicious it is. Furthermore, you will not believe how simple it is to prepare
Why This Apple Pie Moonshine Recipe Works
To see step-by-step lessons of your favorite It Is a Keeper recipes, make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel! This Apple Pie Moonshine recipe is very delicious! It is really easy to take, yet it has a powerful punch to it. It’s a simple formula that doesn’t necessitate the use of a moonshine still or other sophisticated procedures. This is more of a flavored moonshine recipe than anything else. In case you’ve ever been curious in how to produce moonshine, you may learn how to manufacture moonshine the old-fashioned manner by watching this video.
- It is quite simple to prepare because it makes use of grain alcohol that can be purchased.
- Before you can appreciate it, it has to be given some time to settle and mellow down.
- The most difficult step is locating the grain alcohol.
- Grain alcohol with a proof of 190 can be difficult to come by.
- If you can’t locate it, you can easily substitute a lesser proof vodka or moonshine (151 proof grain alcohol is considerably simpler to get by) that you can purchase from a liquor shop instead.
- Apple Pie Moonshine is without a doubt the greatest Apple Pie Moonshine recipe you will ever taste.
- If you try to drink this moonshine too soon, it will feel like you’re ingesting rocket fuel.
- It’s something I’ve never really tried.
Expert Tips for Making Apple Pie Moonshine Recipe
A large number of flavored moonshine recipes have been collected by me throughout the years. You may find them all in my eBook, How to Make Flavored Moonshine, which is available for purchase. How to produce moonshine will be demonstrated with 16 simple flavored moonshine recipes that include step-by-step directions and images, as well as 34 cocktail recipes that can be made with the flavored moonshines. More information on my ebook may be found here.
Looking for More Homemade Moonshine Recipes
- Moonshine recipes include peach moonshine, mojito moonshine, cranberry moonshine, and pumpkin pie moonshine.
Peach Moonshine, Mojito Moonshine, Cranberry Moonshine, and Pumpkin Pie Moonshine are just a few of the varieties available.
Items You Need to MakeApple Pie Moonshine Recipe
- 12 cup apple juice, 12 cup apple cider, 3 cups sugar, 14 cinnamon sticks, divided, 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 750ml190 proof Everclear grain alcohol (or the highest proof vodka you can find)
- Cook over medium-high heat until the apple juice and cider are bubbling, adding sugar, nutmeg, ground cinnamon, and 8 cinnamon sticks as needed. For 1 hour, cover and cook over low heat. Remove the pan from the heat and allow it to cool to room temperature. Toss in the booze to the mixture. **USE CAUTION: Do not add alcohol in close proximity to a flame or a heat source! It has a high flammability. Before adding the alcohol, make sure the liquid has totally cooled. Remove the cinnamon sticks from the liquid and pour it into jars. the remaining 6 cinnamon sticks should be divided evenly among the jars
- Place the lids on the jars and set them aside in a cool, dry location for 8 weeks before using them. Please take pleasure in moderation.
Calories:409kcal|Carbohydrates:106g|Sodium:1mg|Potassium:35mg|Fiber:4g|Sugar:100g|Vitamin A:25IU|Vitamin C:0.3mg|Calcium:84mg|Iron:0.7mg|Vitamin C:0.3mg|Vitamin C:0.3mg|Vitamin C:0.3mg|V All of the nutritional information presented is based on best-guess calculations. See www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure policies/ for more information on how I compute this information.
Apple Pie Moonshine
Published: by: and modified: by It is possible that this content contains affiliate links. You may prepare this apple pie moonshine for your holiday gatherings as a beverage, or you can give it away to your favorite people as a present.
It has a flavor that is identical to apple pie and does not hold back on anything. This moonshine recipe simply gets better with time, which is the greatest part!
Is This Real Moonshine? What Is Moonshine?
This isn’t the illicit moonshine manufactured in bathtubs that you’re used to seeing on the news. High-proof distilled alcohol made “under the radar” is referred to as moonshine in slang. The term comes from the fact that it was generally created late at night in order to avoid being discovered by authorities. It’s really been allowed in the United States since 2010, and its definition is straightforward: it’s whiskey that hasn’t been matured. This recipe does not call for genuine moonshine, but rather Everclear, which is simpler to get by and has the same proof range as true moonshine.
How do I Make Apple Pie Moonshine?
Making apple pie moonshine is a cinch, and the results are delicious. And because it produces so much, it will last you for quite some time.
- Begin by heating our cider, juice, sugar, and spices to a near-boiling temperature in a large pot
- Allow about an hour of simmering at a low temperature
- Bring the temperature down to a simmer
- Allow the mixture to cool fully before using it. In a large mason jar or other airtight container, combine the ingredients and keep in the refrigerator.
Even though you can drain out the spices, I recommend keeping at least one stick of cinnamon in each mason jar for added flavor and aroma. If you like, you may omit the cinnamon and instead use around 12 cup of Fireball to give the dish a strong cinnamon flavor.
What Can I Use Instead of Everclear?
If you don’t have access toEverclearor any 190 proof grain alcohol, you may use any other high proof grain alcohol you can locate to make this recipe. There are even higher proof vodkas available that you may experiment with. Brands such as Smirnoff have even gone so far as to market higher proof versions of their vodka.
What Does Apple Pie Moonshine Taste Like?
In contrast to most recipes for apple pie moonshine, ours creates a smaller amount and uses predominantly apple cider instead of a 50/50 blend of cider and apple juice. As a result, it has a stronger apple flavor and is thicker in texture than usual. Because of all of the spices we utilize, it has a flavor that is similar to apple pie in a glass. Because we’re using Everclear, a little vodka, and a little spiced rum, it’s also rather potent in terms of alcohol content. Fortunately, the longer the apple pie moonshine is allowed to rest, the less alcohol it contains.
This moonshine is delicious shortly after it’s created, but it becomes much better while it rests in the bottle.
You will understand why it is such a popular holiday dish!
How Long Does Flavored Moonshine Last?
It all depends on how you choose to preserve your apple pie moonshine, of course. It should keep for 3 – 4 months at the back of your refrigerator if stored in an airtight container. If you correctly seal your jars in your mason jars, they can survive for up to three years in storage. Moonshine jars that have been properly sealed do not need to be kept in the refrigerated until they are ready to be used.
Some folks even keep their moonshine in the freezer to keep it fresh. It can endure between 2 and 3 years at that location. As a result, I like to give away a few little mason jars of moonshine to neighbors and friends, so that the moonshine doesn’t survive more than a few months at my house!
If You Loved This Moonshine, Try These Drinks:
- Apple Cider Sangria
- Blackberry Prosecco Mojito
- Strawberry Champagne Mojito
Apple Pie Moonshine
- Amanda Powell is a writer who lives in New York City. Apple pie moonshine that is both tasty and festive. Preparation time: 10 minutesCooking time: 1 hour and 20 minutesTotal time: 1 hour and 30 minutes CourseDrinks Cuisine: AmericanServings: 12814 cup per person Calories54kcal
- Apple cider (1 gallon), apple juice (12 gallon), 2 cups brown sugar, 5 cinnamon sticks, 2 teaspoons apple pie spice, 2 teaspoons vanilla essence (optional), and 5cinnamon sticks 750mL190-proof High-proof vodka, Everclear or a blend of the two
- 1 12 pints vodka (high-proof or vanilla)
- 2 cups spiced rum
- Cook over high heat until the apple cider, juice, sugar, cinnamon, and apple pie spice are bubbling vigorously
- Remove from heat. Reduce the heat to a low setting and bring the mixture to a simmer. Simmer for one hour, stirring regularly
- Remove from heat. Remove from heat and let aside to cool fully. If preferred, strain the cinnamon out of the mixture. Pour in the vanilla, Everclear, vodka, and rum, stirring constantly. To blend, stir the ingredients together. Fill the jars with your apple pie moonshine. If you aren’t going to seal it, put it at the back of your refrigerator. Enjoyable immediately, however it’s best if you wait a few weeks in the fridge.
Because of the potency of this apple pie moonshine, it is best consumed in tiny quantities or as shots rather than as a cocktail. Serving:1g Calories:54kcal Carbohydrates:8g Sodium:3mg Sugar:7g Apple pie and moonshine are two of the most common keywords. Use the hashtag #acookienameddesireacookienameddesire to tag me on Instagram!
A Cookie Named Desire is the brainchild of A Cookie Named Desire, a baker, photographer, and occasionally global traveler. Obsessed with assisting people in living life to the fullest by providing wonderful cuisine to share with the significant people in their lives and helping them create lasting memories.
You’ll need lots of alcoholic beverages to celebrate the arrival of summer nights, so follow my recipe for peach moonshine as a reference. This isn’t your grandmother’s moonshine; it’s fruity and pleasant. We’re not talking about the terrible burn you’d anticipate from a moonshine drink—we’re talking about silky taste in cocktail recipes like this one! If you’re looking for homemade whiskey, you’ve probably tried apple pie moonshine—which tastes deliciously cinnamony— or the perennially popularplanter’s punch.
Let’s take a taste of the South!
What Makes It So Great! Notes about the RecipeSimilar Recipes
What I Love About This Recipe
Aside from the delicious flavor, this dish will fill your home with the scent of peach and cinnamon bliss!
- Perfect for hot summer days at the pool or sultry evenings in the city. Drink that is sure to please everyone
- It also makes your place smell AMAZING. No burn, just a smooth, sweet taste
How To Make Peach Moonshine Recipe
Making moonshine at home is much simpler than you would believe! Begin by bringing your grape juice, peaches, sugar, and cinnamon sticks to a boil for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, allow to cool, and strain. When the Everclear and Peach Schnapps have cooled fully, combine them. (Avoid adding alcohol in close proximity to a flame or heat source!) Combine the ingredients in a mixing bowl, then pour the moonshine into jars, re-adding the peaches and cinnamon sticks to each jar.
However, if you let the moonshine to rest and mellow for two weeks, the flavor will improve dramatically.
Are you still apprehensive about manufacturing your own moonshine? Here are some of my favorite notes!
Peach Cobbler Moonshine Ingredient Notes
Because the materials are so simple to get, there is no need for messy alcohol fermentation.
- Peaches: If you are unable to obtain fresh peaches in your area, canned peaches will suffice. I believe they may be even better tasting at times, plus they are far easier to prepare
- Moonshine: Moonshine is a mainstay of the southern United States, having a lengthy history of fermentation and preparation. Because of this, all you need is a stovetop and a pot to recreate these flavors! Store-bought liquors take care of everything for you
- Everclear: Oh, there’s Everclear! The type of alcohol that is used to produce moonshine is called MOONSHINE. Remember that it is this potent ingredient that gives moonshine its unwelcome burn, so be sure to just use the amount specified in the recipe.
Tools to Make
I promise that you already have all of the equipment necessary to produce this moonshine!
- Using a stovetop pot to boil water
- A strainer, such as cheesecloth, is used to remove the peaches and cinnamon sticks from the pan. Jars made with mason sand
This step is optional; how you want to preserve your moonshine is entirely up to you! Mason jars are just a classic technique of storing items.
How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge?
It is possible to store your peach moonshine in the refrigerator for up to three months if the container is well sealed. What’s great about working with alcohol is that it helps you keep your drink fresh longer!
Can You Freeze Peach Pie Moonshine?
Yes, but your peach moonshine will not become solid if it freezes. Due to the 190 proof of Everclear, it will be perfectly chilled! If you have the space, it’s absolutely a good way to keep your moonshine.
Make Ahead Tips
If you can, make this dish ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for two weeks.
It will taste much better! Though the tastes are there immediately after preparation, they truly grow and deepen with time in the refrigerator.
If you can, make this dish ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for two weeks. It will taste even better. Though the tastes are there immediately after preparation, they truly develop and deepen with time in the refrigerator or freezer.
It is possible to make a pleasant summertime beverage by combining the spiced up flavors of peaches and cinnamon with the correct mix of alcohol. Servings: 12 (16-ounce) jars of jam
- 2 (64-ounce) bottles of wine White grape juice
- 8 yellow peaches, peeled and cut into large slices
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups whipped cream 1 (750-milliliter) bottle of water
- 4-6 cinnamon sticks 1 (750-milliliter) bottle of Everclear, 190 proof Peach Schnapps, to be precise.
- Bring the grape juice, peaches, sugar, and cinnamon sticks to a low boil in a large saucepan
- Remove from heat. Cover the saucepan, turn the heat down to low, and let it cook for 45 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat and let it to cool completely
- Fill a strainer with cheesecloth and strain the mixture through it to remove the peaches and any fragments of the cinnamon sticks. Reserve
- When the Everclear and Peach Schnapps have totally cooled, add them to the glass. (Avoid adding alcohol in close proximity to a flame or heat source.) To blend the alcohol, stir it together. Divide the peaches and cinnamon sticks between twelve clean 16-ounce mason jars and set aside. Fill jars with Moonshine and screw on the lids (you are not going to prepare the jars for canning, you are simply using the lids to cover the jars) and store in the refrigerator
- After 2 weeks, the moonshine will be ready to drink, but the flavor will increase greatly because it has had a chance to settle and mellow for 2 weeks.
Fans Also Made:
Bring the grape juice, peaches, sugar, and cinnamon sticks to a low boil in a large saucepan; remove from heat and set aside. 45 minutes after covering the pot with a lid and reducing the heat to low Allowing the pot to cool completely after removing it from the heat Fill a colander lined with cheesecloth and strain the mixture through it to remove the peaches and any fragments of cinnamon sticks. Reserve; Pour in the Everclear and Peach Schnapps once it has been allowed to cool fully before serving.
Alcohol should be stirred together.
Moonshine should be poured into jars and screwed on the lids (you are not going to prepare the jars for canning, you are simply using them to cover the jars) and kept in the refrigerator; After 2 weeks, the moonshine will be ready to drink, but the flavor will increase greatly since it has had a chance to settle and mellow for that time.
More Cocktail Recipes
Do you want to drink even more alcoholic beverages to keep the summer cool? Here are five must-try drinks to get you started!
- Gin and ginger ale are the perfect drink for a hectic night out. Sloe Gin Fizz– You can’t go wrong with a little bubbly. Drinking Red Sangria is the perfect way to unwind after a long day at work. Craiger Cocktail– Truly tropical if you get little umbrellas
- Craiger Cocktail– Basil Margarita– This herb isn’t just for savory recipes
- It can also be used in cocktails. Strawberry Frose– A chilled glass of strawberry puree that has been nicely mixed
- Giggle Juice is the beverage of choice for this year’s hot nights since it is a happy-making beverage.
Sunscreen, pool towels, and my peach moonshine recipe have all been added to your summer must-have list. Are you drooling in anticipation of warmer nights like I am? I’m curious as to who you served your peach moonshine to. Please share your thoughts in the comments section!