Is moonshine sold in liquor stores?
- Moonshine is a high-proof, unaged alcoholic beverage otherwise known as white whiskey. Originally illicitly distilled and sold by private parties, it has recently been legalized and commercialized in the United States and is now frequently sold in liquor stores, bars, and restaurants.
- 1 What states sell Ole Smoky Moonshine?
- 2 Does Meijer sell Ole Smoky Moonshine?
- 3 Does Kroger sell Ole Smoky Moonshine?
- 4 Does Ole Smoky Moonshine ship?
- 5 How do you get Ole Smoky moonshine?
- 6 Is Ole Smoky moonshine illegal?
- 7 What does Ole Smoky Mountain mule taste like?
- 8 Are Ole Smoky moonshine cocktails gluten free?
- 9 What flavors does Ole Smoky moonshine come in?
- 10 Does Ole Smoky moonshine need refrigerated?
- 11 Can you put Ole Smoky moonshine in the freezer?
- 12 Kahn’s Fine Wines & Spirits
- 13 Ole Smoky Moonshine Expands Distribution Relationship with Southern Wine & Spirits
- 14 Ole Smoky Tennessee Whiskey – Payless Liquor Stores
- 15 OLE SMOKY MOONSHINE HITS SHELVES IN MASSACHUSETTS AND RHODE ISLAND!
- 16 Canned Cocktail Review: Ole Smoky Mountain Mule, Mountain ‘Rita, and Blackberry Lemonade
- 17 Ole Smoky Mountain Mule:
- 18 Ole Smoky Mountain ‘Rita:
- 19 Ole Smoky Blackberry Lemonade:
What states sell Ole Smoky Moonshine?
The multi-state distributor currently operates in: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Florida, Kentucky, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maryland, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio,
Does Meijer sell Ole Smoky Moonshine?
Ole Smoky Shine Nog, 750 ML | Meijer.
Does Kroger sell Ole Smoky Moonshine?
Ole Smoky Moonshine American Whiskey in Beer, Wine & Liquor Department – Kroger.
Does Ole Smoky Moonshine ship?
We are not able to ship our products directly to consumers due to federal laws. However, we do distribute to all 50 states. Some states are eligible to order via our online partner, Reserve Bar.
How do you get Ole Smoky moonshine?
Purchase available Moonshine and Whiskey Flavors via our official partner, Reserve Bar. Pick up a jar of Moonshine or a bottle of Whiskey at a liquor store in your area. Also find local bars and restaurants serving Ole Smoky cocktails.
Is Ole Smoky moonshine illegal?
Ole Smoky Moonshine Distillery was opened in Gatlinburg, Tenn., in 2010 as “ a way for us to share an illegal part of our family’s history legally,” Baker explains. It was the first legal moonshine operation to open in the state of Tennessee after state laws changed to allow them in 44 counties.
What does Ole Smoky Mountain mule taste like?
This tastes exactly like you’d expect a Moscow Mule to taste but with no vodka flavor. There is not moonshine or alcohol flavor at all but you can definitely feel the booziness. The Ole Smoky mule is lighter on the ginger beer flavor than some other mules I’ve tried – some of them get pretty sharp and bitter.
Are Ole Smoky moonshine cocktails gluten free?
All moonshine is generally considered “Gluten Free.” No matter the ingredients used to make it, the gluten is removed in the distillation process.
What flavors does Ole Smoky moonshine come in?
- Ole Smoky Apple Pie Moonshine. $9.69 – $99.99.
- Ole Smoky Moonshine Cherries. $15.12 – $99.99.
- Ole Smoky Salty Caramel Whiskey. $14.29 – $99.99.
- Ole Smoky Moonshine Pickles. $15.69 – $99.99.
- Ole Smoky Butter Pecan Moonshine.
- Ole Smoky Blue Flame.
- Ole Smoky Blackberry Moonshine.
- Ole Smoky Hunch Punch Lightnin.
Does Ole Smoky moonshine need refrigerated?
You don’t have to refrigerate it, but I do recommend it. It helps it to go down smoother, lol. We keep ours in the freezer. I use th rule of thumb of 80 proof or higher on the shelf and less than 80 is refrigerated, if opened.
Can you put Ole Smoky moonshine in the freezer?
Just to clarify, all moonshine can be frozen no matter how high the proof is. It all depends on the temperature. 100 Proof moonshine will freeze at -25.2 degrees Fahrenheit. So yes, Moonshine can be frozen, however, most home freezers do not get cold enough to actually freeze it.
Kahn’s Fine Wines & Spirits
|San Giulio Malvasia Don Bosco2018750MLWith its cherry-red color, fragrant scent of the grape, sweet, and slightly aromatic flavor, Malvasia adds a gentle and refreshing finish to any great meal. It goes extraordinarily well with pastries, ice creams and fruits.click for more details Sku: 07990|
|Bouvet Brut Rose Excellence750MLBouvet Rose Brut exhibits a brilliant, delicate salmon-pink color punctuated by fine, pinpoint bubbles which suggest the wines fresh, raspberry and cassis fragrance. On the palate it is very dry and crisp, with plump, succulent red fruit flavors.click for more details Sku: 02563|
|Benihana Plum Wine750MLIt is distinguished by an elegant bouquet and body that can come only from the most carefully selected plums. I think all who taste it will agree that it is a perfect complement to either oriental or western dishes of the highest quality and.click for more details Sku: 00972|
|Boizel Brut Reserve Champagne750ML97 Points! Decanter. The expressive, fine and fresh nose opens on white flowers, followed by elegant, fruity notes of white peach, apricot, hints of citrus fruits and brioche. Its texture is seductive, fresh and round, and well balanced. The first.click for more details Sku: 41828|
|St Elmo Steak House Str Bourbon750MLSt. Elmo Whiskey starts with a traditionally distilled straight bourbon that is then infused with natural dark cherry and bourbon vanilla beans. It has a balanced flavor with a slightly sweet, yet rich cherry flavor on the front and a smooth vanillaclick for more details Sku: 39187|
|Shingleback Sparkling Shiraz Black Bubbles750MLDeep garnet with vibrant magenta bubbles. Aromas of blackcurrant with licorice, spice and dark cherries. Creamy bubbles and luscious sweetness envelop the mid-palate,with a long, sweet fruit finish balanced with fine tannin and acidity. Wine.click for more details Sku: 29153|
|Cakebread Cellars Chardonnay2019750MLOpens with aromas of ripe golden apple, white peach, and notes of oak. On the palate, apple and pear characters are balanced by fresh acidity, and the finish is clean, with appealing mineral notes. This is a versatile food-pairing wine�enjoy it withclick for more details Sku: 39430|
|Cakebread Napa Cabernet Sauvignon2018750MLThis classic Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon reveals aromas of ripe blackberry and boysenberry with hints of dark chocolate and sweet oak. On the palate, the dark fruit is balanced by fresh acidity and lush tannins that carry all the way over a.click for more details Sku: 20660|
|St Supery Estate Napa Cabernet2017750ML91 Points – James SucklingA firm, silky red with soft, tight tannins that nicely frame this juicy and delicious red with currant and berry character. Not the biggest wine, but thoroughly delicious already. Drink or hold..click for more details Sku: 44093|
|Hourglass Hg Iii Red Blend2018750ML93 Points – Wilfred WongA beautifully built, well-conceived red wine. This wine exhibits lovely, rich blackberry and oaky aromas and flavors. Enjoy it with a well-marbled, grilled ribeye..click for more details Sku: 44310|
|Weihenstephaner Vitus17ozOur light-coloured, spicy single-bock, “Vitus is saturated with fine yeast and a creamy foam. It is a specialty with a round character based on the extra long storage time. The fruity smell of dried apricots joins aromas of citrus, cloves and.click for more details Sku: 12065|
Ole Smoky Moonshine Expands Distribution Relationship with Southern Wine & Spirits
Southern will now handle more than half of the accounts for the rapidly expanding Ole Smoky brand in the United States. On September 18, 2014, the town of Gatlinburg, Tennessee, hosted the annual Gatlinburg Music Festival. Souther WineSpirits, the nation’s premier wine and spirits distributor, has acquired the distribution rights to Ole Smoky® Tennessee Moonshine, the nation’s leading distiller of premium moonshine. As a result, Southern WineSpirits will now control more than half of Ole Smoky’s U.S.
The move is another another example of the brand’s remarkable expansion, which has seen it expand to retail locations in 49 states, Canada, and the Caribbean in recent years.
According to John Cochran, CEO of Ole Smoky Moonshine, “We are delighted to extend our association with Southern WineSpirits as we continue to grow our national reach.” It is an important turning point in the brand’s development as we reach out to even more people to enjoy a nice, old-fashioned sip of Americana,” says Smith.
- With the trip, the company hopes to educate its representatives about Ole Smoky, the rich history of moonshine, the flavor profiles of moonshine products, and other topics.
- In addition to Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Maryland, New York, South Carolina, and Washington, Southern WineSpirits now serves the states of Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Maryland, Minnesota, New York, South Carolina, and Washington.
- Initially available solely to visitors at its distillery, known as The Holler, Ole Smoky has grown into the largest distiller of premium moonshine in the United States in only four short years, propelled by increased consumer interest in the larger unaged whiskey sector and craft spirits.
- Ole Smoky’s founders and management team are committed to establishing a vertically integrated craft spirit distillery that keeps the brand’s own identity while being independent of large spirit brands and holding organizations.
- This fall, it will open a second location “down the hill” at The Island, a popular retail, dining and entertainment destination in neighboring Pigeon Forge.
- The new location will allow the brand to better reach visitors to Pigeon Forge, which is home to Dollywood and other local attractions, as well as visitors to Gatlinburg and surrounding areas.
- is a non-profit organization dedicated to the promotion of fine wine and spirits in the Southern United States.
- is the nation’s biggest wine and spirits distributor and broker, with operations in 35 cities.
- is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia.
- The multi-state distributor currently operates in the following states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado Southern also has licenses and licences to operate in Nebraska and Texas, among other states.
- Throughout the year, Southern encourages all retail customers and adult consumers to promote, sell, serve, and enjoy its goods in an ethical and responsible manner.
The History of Ole Smoky Brand Tennessee Moonshine In its current state, Ole Smoky Tennessee Moonshine sells thirteen types of moonshine across the country, all of which are manufactured using traditional East Tennessee recipes and are jarred and sent straight from the company’s renowned Gatlinburg distillery.
The 40 proof line, which includes Moonshine CherriesTM, Peach MoonshineTM, Apple Pie MoonshineTM, Blackberry MoonshineTM, Pineapple MoonshineTM, Watermelon Moonshine, Sweet Tea Moonshine, and Charred MoonshineTM, is available in select markets in 49 states and Canada.
Each Ole Smoky Moonshine flavor is derived from the hand-crafted recipes of the Tennessee family who have been filling moonshine jars and jugs in the Smoky Mountains for more than a century, keeping the brand true to its roots.
Please see the website for further information about the brand. You can follow them on social media at www.facebook.com/olesmoky, www.twitter.com/olesmoky, and www.instagram.com/olesmoky.
Ole Smoky Tennessee Whiskey – Payless Liquor Stores
There are a variety of options available for obtaining high-quality moonshine other than the local man at the bar in the middle of nowhere. If I tell you that I’ve seen moonshiners in country taverns who brew and sell their product from their homes, believe me when I say that. Because of Ole Smokey Distillery, getting your hands on true bourbon is as simple as visiting your local Payless store. Actually, Ole Smoky Distillery was one of the earliest permitted distilleries in East Tennessee, and it is today one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Smoky Mountain region.
- Ole smoky creates a vast range of distinct tastes and proofs for their products.
- You may see a comprehensive list of their flavors and evidence by visiting this link.
- This product is made up of 80 percent maize and a top-secret component that cannot be revealed.
- A number of the flavored Ole Smoky products make for excellent cocktails, and the company has even posted a list of cocktail ideas on their website for inspiration.
- Make sure to look at our events schedule to pick the location that is most convenient for you!
- If you aren’t sure whether flavor is right for you, you may try a few different 50mL jars before making a decision.
- Get yourself a Party in a Jar immediately, don’t hold back!
OLE SMOKY MOONSHINE HITS SHELVES IN MASSACHUSETTS AND RHODE ISLAND!
Ole Smoky Moonshine has partnered with Massachusetts distributor United Liquors in order to expand its distribution beyond state boundaries into Massachusetts and Rhode Island. Ole Smoky Distillery, located in Gatlinburg, Tennessee, is placing itself on the map by distilling and bottling its products. The firm has hopes to expand significantly by the end of the year. The brand is presently available in retail locations in Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, New Jersey, South Carolina, and Tennessee, with plans to expand to more states this summer, including New York and California, according to the company.
- Conventional 750 mL mason jars of Original Unaged Corn Whiskey, Moonshine Cherries, and Apple Pie Moonshine are available for purchase at www.olesmokymoonshine.com in traditional 750 mL mason jars and are also available for purchase at the distillery.
- “We are a family-owned firm that takes great satisfaction in being created in the United States.
- “Our family have lived here for decades, and Ole Smoky is a testament to our legacy,” says Tony Breeden, one of the company’s co-founders.
- The entertainment world has also taken note, with celebrities such as Seth Meyers and Jason Sudeikis among those who have expressed interest.
- Ole Smoky Moonshine is a brand of original goods developed from family recipes passed down through generations by residents of the Great Smoky Mountains region of Appalachia.
Traditional Mason jars house Ole Smoky’s flagship products, which include Original Unaged Corn Whiskey (100 proof “sippin’ moonshine”), White Lightnin’ (100 proof “mixing moonshine”), Apple Pie Moonshine (which tastes just like grandma’s apple pie), and Moonshine Cherries (which taste just like grandma’s moonshine) (fresh maraschino cherries soaked in 100-proof moonshine).
Visit the Ole Smoky Distillery’s website at www.olesmokymoonshine.com to learn more about their products. You may follow them on social media, including Facebook and Twitter (@OSDistillery).
Canned Cocktail Review: Ole Smoky Mountain Mule, Mountain ‘Rita, and Blackberry Lemonade
Cocktail enthusiasts, have a wonderful Friday! This week, I’ll be returning to the Ole Smoky Canteen to sample the remaining canned beverages. If you missed my article from last week, I had planned to try two restaurants last week and two more this week, but after taking my first drink of their Apple Ginger cocktail, I decided that plan was no longer feasible. You may read the rest of the post here to get caught up. In addition to the Mountain Mule, I’m also testing the Mountain ‘Rita and Blackberry Lemonade, which will be available this week.
- I’m worried because I’ve already tried my fave – but we’ll see how it goes!
- Ole Smoky’s cans are a first for the company.
- It’s a long-standing tradition!
- The label is designed in such a way that the can seems to be a transparent jar.
- Details like those make me swoon, and I’m a total sucker for them.
- However, you can’t just offer empty cans, so let’s make sure that what’s on the inside is equally as good as what’s on the surface of the can.
- Listed below are my in-depth evaluations of the last three canned drinks from Ole Smoky.
Ole Smoky Mountain Mule:
Sweetness: One shaker equals no sweetness at all. Your teeth may curl if you shake five shakers. 9 percent of the population is sluggish. VO ne shaker = does this include alcoholic beverages? Five shakers equals the original. There are four Lokos. I’ve experimented with a variety of different variations on the mule, but I’d never tried one made with moonshine until recently. This drink tastes just how you’d expect a Moscow Mule to taste, but it doesn’t include any alcohol. Alternatively, any liquor taste at all.
The Ole Smoky mule has a milder ginger beer flavor than some other mules I’ve tried, which is a good thing because some of them can be rather strong and bitter.
Definitely give this one a try if you enjoy mules but haven’t gotten used to the bite of ginger beer (it took me a long to get used to it too).
Ole Smoky Mountain ‘Rita:
Sweetness: One shaker equals no sweetness at all. Your teeth may curl if you shake five shakers. 9 percent ABVO for slouchiness ne shaker = does this include alcoholic beverages? Five shakers equals the original. There are four Lokos. With so many margaritas to choose from lately, I was interested to see how this one stacked up. I was not disappointed! It’s really dang excellent, actually. It’s a typical margarita, but without the tequila. It features all of the classic margarita characteristics, including acidic and lemony, but it does not include any tequila.
It has the full cocktail flavor you’d anticipate, but there is no hint of liquor, which is a nice change.
Because the moonshine has no taste, the emphasis is on the gently sweet citrus, and it is exactly as alcoholic as a decent margarita should be, which is a good thing.
I’m not sure how they achieved that, but it’s quite effective!
The Mountain ‘Rita has a pleasant flavor, little bubbles, and is both light and boozy at the same time. This is an excellent option, without a doubt. Order the Ole Smoky Mountain ‘Rita canned drink from the comfort of your own home by clicking here.
Ole Smoky Blackberry Lemonade:
Overall rating: 5 out of 5 Taste: One shaker = nothing sweet at all / Five shakes = your teeth may curl. Booziness: 9 percent ABVOne shaker = does this include alcoholic beverages? Five shakers equals the original. There are four Lokos. Chicken meal is the winner, winner, chicken dinner! This Blackberry Lemonade is very delicious! I could smell the blackberries as soon as I opened the jar and removed the cap. This is essentially the same as drinking plain blackberry juice with a slight flavor of sparkling water in it.
- It tastes a lot more like blackberry juice than lemonade.
- Despite the fact that this drink is light, it does not lack in taste or alcohol content, which is a winning combo in my eyes.
- It’s equally as delicious as the Ole Smoky Apple Ginger, which I also enjoyed a great deal.
- I’m going with both of them!
- Order the Ole Smoky Blackberry Lemonade canned cocktail from the comfort of your own home by clicking here.
- Each can really holds the equivalent of two drinks.
- They are absolutely delicious, full of flavor, and alcoholic without any discernible liquor flavor.
Would I buy these again?
Yes, without a doubt. After experiencing all of Ole Smoky’s canned drinks, I’ve become a great fan girl of the company. I’ll definitely be picking up additional Apple Ginger and Blackberry Lemonade cans when the opportunity presents itself. Besides the moonshine, I’m extremely interested in trying one of their jars of whiskey, so I’m planning on getting one of them as well. Like last week, the Ole Smoky canned drinks are only available in Tennessee, Georgia, Indiana, Texas and Ohio for the time being; however, you may order them online if you live anywhere in the United States.
Cocktail enthusiasts, please wait till next week.
Shop this review:
Please keep in mind that we hope you appreciate our reviews. If you opt to purchase these drinks online using the links given, we may get a tiny portion of the proceeds from your transaction.