A 10 gallon run will yield 2-4 gallons of alcohol.
- A 8 gallon run will yield 1.5-3 gallons of alcohol. A 10 gallon run will yield 2-4 gallons of alcohol. Thereof, how many gallons of moonshine can you make? While most states prohibit home moonshining, state laws sometimes conflict with federal law.
- 1 How much moonshine will a 8 gallon still make?
- 2 How much alcohol do you get from a 25 Litre wash?
- 3 How much does a 20 gallon still produce?
- 4 How much mash do I need for a 5 gallon still?
- 5 How can you tell if moonshine is safe to drink?
- 6 How much is a gallon of moonshine worth?
- 7 Can you drink moonshine wash?
- 8 How much alcohol can a still produce?
- 9 How much head do you throw away when distilling?
- 10 How much moonshine do you throw away?
- 11 How long does it take to make moonshine?
- 12 What is a stripping run in distilling?
- 13 Can you put too much sugar in moonshine mash?
- 14 What kind of water do you use to cut moonshine?
- 15 What is the best corn for moonshine?
- 16 How Much Alcohol Will My Whiskey Still Make?
- 17 Yeast and Sugar
- 18 Using a Copper Still
- 19 Standard Yields:
- 20 Alcohol Yield
- 21 Discount 10 Gallon Stillz Traditional Copper – Moonshine Still
- 22 Easy 10 Gallon Moonshine Mash Recipe
- 23 What is Moonshine?
- 24 How Much Moonshine Will I Get for 10 Gallons of Mash?
- 25 How Much Moonshine Do You Throw Away?
- 26 Using a Hydrometer to Check for Fermentation
- 27 FAQs
- 27.0.1 1. How much shine can I expect to produce when I run my still?
- 27.0.2 2. Why are moonshine stills made from copper?
- 27.0.3 3. What gauge copper do we use?
- 27.0.4 4. Are stills illegal?
- 27.0.5 5. Do we report or record customer information to the government?
- 27.0.6 6. Can I order a custom still? How does it work?
- 27.0.7 7. Why don’t we provide fittings and extra copper tubing for our standard still sets?
- 27.0.8 8. Where can I find copper tubing and compression fittings?
- 27.0.9 9. What kind of warranty do I get with my still?
- 27.0.11 11. Do we ship in a plain box?
- 27.0.12 12. What happens if my product is damaged in shipping?
- 27.0.13 13. Can I use a propane burner?
- 27.0.14 14. What else can my still make besides alcohol?
- 27.0.15 15. What if my still is defective?
- 28 Amazon.com: 10 Gallon Copper Moonshine Still Self Build Kit with Free Condenser Worm: Home & Kitchen
- 29 10 Gallon Moonshine Still
- 30 TDN – 10 Gallon Copper Moonshine Still – Complete
- 31 10 Gallon Moonshine Still Made in USA
- 32 How to Make the Smoothest Mash Recipe for Moonshine
- 33 Why is the mash recipe so important?
- 34 Smoothest Mash Recipe Ingredients
- 35 Moonshine Batch Sizing Table
- 36 Step-By-Step Guide To Making Moonshine
- 37 Summary
How much moonshine will a 8 gallon still make?
An 8 Gallon will make about a quart of distillate per hour and you’ll end up with about a gallon to a gallon and a half of product when finished. The 13 will work at the same output (a quart an hour) but end up producing around two gallons to two and a half gallons.
How much alcohol do you get from a 25 Litre wash?
Makes: 25 L wash – approx. 14.4% ABV once fermented.
How much does a 20 gallon still produce?
We make this 20 gallon heavy copper moonshine still to order. We have been making moonshine stills for generations. We have it perfected! This still is capable of producing over 4 gallons of shine per run.
How much mash do I need for a 5 gallon still?
For example, for every 1 gallon of water, you would use 1 pound of sugar, and 1 pound of corn meal. So for a 5 gallon mash (which is recommended for your first batches of moonshine) you would use 5 gallons of water, 5 pounds of corn meal, and 5 pounds of sugar.
How can you tell if moonshine is safe to drink?
How to Test for Purity. Folklore tells us one way to test the purity of moonshine is to pour some in a metal spoon and set it on fire. 6 If it burns with a blue flame it is safe, but if it burns with a yellow or red flame, it contains lead, prompting the old saying, “Lead burns red and makes you dead.”
How much is a gallon of moonshine worth?
It costs around $8 per gallon for the sugar and wheat to make the moonshine. The selling price is around $25 a gallon if sold in bulk, or $40 for retail price.
Can you drink moonshine wash?
Moonshine mash is a popular way to make an alcoholic beverage using a few basic ingredients. Then, ferment the mash so it becomes alcoholic and distill it so it tastes great as a drink. You can then sip moonshine mash on its own or add it to cocktails or other drinks for a little kick.
How much alcohol can a still produce?
Quantity depends on a number of factors: ingredients, amount of sugar, type of yeast or final proof. A generic rule is that you will get about 10-20% of a still’s capacity: a 5 gallon whiskey still could potentially yield 1 gallon of moonshine, while a 10 gallon copper still, 2 gallons of alcohol.
How much head do you throw away when distilling?
Always discard the foreshots — they make up around 5% or less of the product collected during a run. Throw out the first 30 ml on a 1 gallon run, the first 150 ml on a 5 gallon run, or the first 300 ml on a 10 gallon run. Heads come off of the still directly after the foreshots. Simply put, they taste and smell bad.
How much moonshine do you throw away?
The rule of thumb is to discard 1/3 of a pint jar for every 5 gallons of wash being distilled. How much initial product to discard: 1 gallon batch – discard the first 2/3 of a shot glass. 5 gallon batch – discard the first 1/3 of a pint jar.
How long does it take to make moonshine?
As you can see, the process of fermenting and distilling moonshine is quite time-consuming. In general, you can expect it to take between 1-3 weeks to make moonshine, as the mash must ferment and the distillation process must be continued until the final shine is safe for consumption.
What is a stripping run in distilling?
When we perform our first distillation – called a ‘Run’ – it is referred to as a stripping run, because we concentrate and strip all of the alcohol out of the wash. Different alcohols come over at different temperatures and in this run, we want to collect them all – the good, the bad and the ugly.
Can you put too much sugar in moonshine mash?
The reason why you use sugar in a mash is basically because your yeast consumes the sugar, converting it into alcohol. However, too much sugar in your mash can actually hinder your yeast’s ability to make alcohol, and most people want to get as high an alcohol content as possible when making moonshine.
What kind of water do you use to cut moonshine?
One of the most important tips I can give to moonshiners is to always use distilled water for making moonshine wash. It’s no secret that tap water contains a plethora of chemicals, some of which includes chlorine, chlorate, bromate and fluoride.
What is the best corn for moonshine?
The kind of corn for moonshine that we recommend is cracked, dry yellow corn, and yes, it’s field corn. It should be a good grade corn that is relatively clean.
How Much Alcohol Will My Whiskey Still Make?
Despite the fact that every copper moonshine still is unique, many distillers begin by asking themselves a fundamental question such as “how much moonshine will my still produce?” or “how much whiskey will I be able to extract from my 5 gallon whiskey still?” However, while there is no definitive answer – you will need to experiment with your particular whiskey still to determine how it operates most efficiently – we can provide you with some general guidelines so that you can adjust your methods if you are not producing moonshine as efficiently as you would like.
The alcohol proof of your finished product will be determined by a number of factors, including the strength of the chemicals in your mash, the chemistry of how those ingredients interact, and the efficiency with which your distillation process is completed.
Consider how each of the items on this list will assist you in making the most of your alcoholic beverage run.
Yeast and Sugar
Despite the fact that each copper moonshine still is unique, many distillers begin by asking themselves a fundamental question such as “how much moonshine will my still produce?”. in the form of “how much whiskey will I be able to extract from my 5 gallon whiskey still?” However, while there is no definitive answer – you will need to experiment with your particular whiskey still to determine how it operates most efficiently – we can provide you with some general guidelines so that you can adjust your methods if you are not producing moonshine as efficiently as you should be.
There are a multitude of elements that influence the alcohol proof of your finished product: the strength of the components in your mash, the chemistry of how those chemicals interact, and the efficiency of your distillation process, among others.
Consider how each of the items on this list will assist you in making the most of each alcohol-related excursion.
Using a Copper Still
When it comes to distilling alcohol, temperature control is critical, and copper stills provide the finest temperature control for moonshiners. It is critical to time your run at this temperature, because ethanol alcohol vaporizes at a much lower temperature than water and in a relatively narrow temperature range (usually 174-195 degrees Fahrenheit). Cupro is one of the most trusted materials for kitchen and distilling equipment because to its uniform heating properties. By utilizing a copper still, it is possible to optimize the amount of time spent at the correct temperature required for distilling the most ethanol.
For example, a typical run in a 5 gallon still may be expected to generate around one gallon or one gallon and a half of moonshine on average.
For example, you may only obtain 34 of a gallon from one batch, but it will have a very high proof and be of exceptional quality. Alternatively, you may prepare a batch that yields more than a gallon, but also contains more ” feints ” that will find their way into subsequent batches.
The majority of normal distillation runs will generate approximately:
- A 1 gallon copper still produces 3 to 6 cups of alcohol
- A 2.5 gallon copper still produces 1/2 to 1 gallon of alcohol
- A 5 gallon copper still produces 1 to 2 gallons of alcohol
- And a 10 gallon copper still produces 2 to 5 gallons of alcohol.
“Barrels” is a painting by William Warby. There are several cues that indicate when a whiskey run should come to a finish, but you may also anticipate when a run should come to an end depending on the approximate amount of moonshine you’ve gathered. You shouldn’t be concerned if you have distilled every last drop because most runs will still leave some wash at the “bottom of the barrel.” In most cases, it’s not worth it to run your copper at temperatures higher than 212 degrees Fahrenheit on your run, so that’s a solid indicator.
There will be a difference in the amount of moonshine produced by each distillation carried out in a copper whiskey still.
If you are not reaching numbers close to these, consider whether changing some of the factors of your distillation process will allow you to extract more product from your copper moonshine still.
One of the most often asked questions we receive from clients who purchase a Whiskey Still is: how much alcohol can I anticipate my copper whiskey still to produce? It is, of course, quite impossible to provide a precise response. The quantity is determined by a variety of parameters, including the ingredients, the amount of sugar, the kind of yeast, and the final proof. A general rule of thumb is that you will obtain roughly 10-20 percent of the capacity of a still. For example, a 5 gallon whiskey still may theoretically generate 1 gallon of moonshine, while a 10 gallon copper still could potentially give 2 gallons of ethanol.
- Essentially, this is determined by two factors: the amount of sugar present in the mash and the type of yeast you choose to employ.
- The presence of sugar, whether obtained from fermentation or added by the distiller, is vital for producing a strong beginning alcohol.
- This does not imply that you should go overboard with the sugar; rather, it implies that following a good recipe to the letter is usually a smart idea.
- The type of yeast you use is also highly crucial to your results.
- When selecting yeast, take into consideration other elements such as your fermentation conditions, ingredients or the distillate you want to produce, and then make your selection.
- I also included final proof as one of the essential criteria on which alcohol yield is dependent, because strength is exactly proportional to quantity in the case of alcohol.
- Also possible is the use of cutting, since only skilled distillers will make the most of their distillate and gather just the perfect quantity of delightful shine, not too much so that it has an awful flavor, but not too little so that any of the good thing is wasted.
Discount 10 Gallon Stillz Traditional Copper – Moonshine Still
This copper still, which holds 10 gallons, is made to order. It is the greatest moonshine still that money can buy, and it is worth every penny. This 10 gallon still is of the greatest possible quality that you will find on the market. Unlike a lot of other manufacturers, we do not utilize the cheap, fragile roofing grade cooper that others use in their goods. For the construction of our high-quality stills, we only use the finest materials available. All of our moonshine stills are handcrafted to order.
- For several generations, our family has been creating still images.
- Today, we received our package.
- The wrapping was just stunning.
- Once again, thank you so much.
- Jennifer K.
- If you are interested in learning more about our Layaway Plan, please click here for more information.
- The product came today, and I am completely blown away by the quality of the shipping container, which was wrapped neatly and securely…
Not all stills are generated in the same manner.
Our company is not a production company; nevertheless, we do generate the highest-quality stills that money can buy.
Make sure you don’t make an expensive mistake just because you were attempting to save a few dollars.
You’ll be pleased you took the time to read this.
The reality is that we take care of everything for you!
Are you concerned about your privacy?
We will keep your transaction with us completely private and confidential at all times.
We respect your privacy and will never share your information!
To place your order over the phone, please call us at 800-590-4387 if that is more convenient for you.
Never use a firm mash in a blender.
What do you get when you buy a still from us?
In addition to the recipes, you will receive complete setup instructions so that you will know precisely how to set up your still! We are accessible to assist you before to, during, and after your event. The Cap Logic Cap is not included, but you may purchase one separately here if you choose. If you buy one of our stills with the Cap Logic Cap, you will not be need to apply flour paste! If you’ve ever had to deal with it, you know how frustrating it can be. If you haven’t, consider yourself fortunate!
Never use a firm mash in a blender.
Our stills are not the fragile, low-cost models that you may find for sale on a number of other websites.
This copper is by far the most outstanding copper available on the market.
This cooper moonshine still is capable of producing 2 gallons of whiskey every run. This will still be visually appealing and functionally sound. I am confident that you will be pleased with your purchase! Features: A 10 gallon pot with a temperature gauge is included.
Thumbelina 2.25 Gallon Thumper
- 1 1/2′′ Brass Flush Out
- 12′′ Long, 1/2′′ Cross Pipe with Union Fittings
- 1 1/2′′ Brass Flush Out
1.5 inch brass flush out; 12 inch long, 1/2 inch cross pipe with union fittings; 1.5 inch brass flush out; 1 1/2 inch brass flush out; 1 1/2 inch brass flush out; 1 1/2 inch brass flush out
- 7 feet of copper condensing coil
- 1 inch in/out hose connections
- 7 feet of copper condensing coil The primary boiler is silver soldered and hemmed by us. Our moonshine stills come with entire moonshine still kits, which are included in the price. You’ll find all you need in one place
- It is made of high-quality 20-ounce pure copper for a long-lasting finish. Pressure and temperature gauges of high quality have been installed in this still for your convenience. This is a gauge used by professionals
We take a great deal of satisfaction in our ability to construct moonshine stills. We are a group of artists! You will not find a greater quality product available for purchase anywhere else. A lower price translates into a lower-quality product constructed of fragile roofing copper. Specifications: This still is fitted with a copper pot that holds 10 gallons of water. This is a particularly heavy-duty cooking vessel. All of our hose connectors are soldered using silver solder. The worm, pot, and thumper are all made of beaded fabric that has been machine rolled and hemmed.
- This moonshine still has the capacity to produce more than 2 gallons of whiskey every batch.
- When your guests see this still and taste the delicious shine that YOU created, they will be completely blown away and amazed!
- All of our moonshine stills are custom-built to order, however we will dispatch your order as quickly as possible after it has been received.
- Please anticipate eight weeks for delivery because each of these stills is painstakingly produced to assure the finest possible quality and durability.
- We are the only still maker in the world who provides this service.
- We make things simple for you!
- You should contact us and let us know that this is what you would like us to do if this describes your scenario.
- * This is an estimate of the time it will take for your order to ship.
Easy 10 Gallon Moonshine Mash Recipe
Moonshine still construction is something we take great delight in. We are a group of creative individuals. A greater grade product is not available for purchase anyplace else. An inexpensive product built of fragile roofing copper will be produced at a lower cost. Specifications: a copper pot the size of a 10-gallon bucket is included with this still That’s a lot of weight in a pot. All of our hose connections are made using silver solder. They’re entirely beaded with machine rolled edges and hemmed to complete the look.
- It is possible to produce more than 2 gallons of moonshine with this still in a single run.
- When your friends see this still and taste the wonderful sheen that YOU created, they will be completely blown away and pleased!
- All of our moonshine stills are custom-built to order, however we will send your item as soon as possible after receipt of your purchase.
- Please anticipate eight weeks for delivery because each of these stills is painstakingly created to assure the finest quality.
- Only one still manufacturer provides this service, which is us.
- Everything is simple with us!
- You should contact us and let us know that this is what you would like us to do if this is your scenario.
Work with you will be a pleasure for us. * Before your item is shipped, please allow an anticipated lead time. Based on the level of current demand, the actual wait time may be shorter OR longer.
What is Moonshine?
Moonshine is often thought of as a potent grain alcohol with a significant kick and burn. They may, on the other hand, consider moonshine to be of inferior quality, harmful, and illegal. The moonshine available today is none of those things. Most modern moonshiners are adamant about utilizing only the highest-grade handmade stills that meet strict requirements of cleanliness and product quality. Moonshining is also a taught art, and there are precautions that can be taken to ensure that this pastime is as safe as it possibly can be.
- Check out Is It Safe to Make Moonshine?
- For additional information, please visit our website.
- When a still is used only for the purpose of distilling water or extracting essential oils, it is not considered unlawful in the United States.
- Of fact, there are numerous places in the globe where distillation is totally legal, including the United States.
- See Is Moonshine Illegal?
How Much Moonshine Will I Get for 10 Gallons of Mash?
Of all, putting in the effort to make a huge mash is only worthwhile if you receive a large return, right? As a result, it’s a good idea to know what to expect from a run before you go out for one. The amount of alcohol you may expect from a run will be determined by the amount of alcohol you started with and the ultimate proof. The amount of beginning alcohol produced will be determined by the amount of fermentable sugar present in the mash, or the amount of sugar that has been added, as well as the yeast.
This is a straightforward measurement of the quantity of alcohol present in your mash.
As you may imagine, this is far from ideal, therefore we take measures to guarantee that our runs are well worth our time and effort.
A great amount of work is obviously only worthwhile if the return is also substantial, isn’t it? Thus, it is good to be aware of what to expect from a run before embarking on one. Depending on the beginning alcohol and the final proof, the amount of alcohol that may be expected from a run will vary. This will be determined by the quantity of fermentable sugar present in the mash, or the amount of sugar that has been added, and the yeast used to ferment the sugars. In most cases, the initial alcohol is referred to as the alcohol by volume (ABV) or the starting alcohol.
With a starting alcohol concentration of 10%, you may expect 1 gallon of alcohol from a run of 10 gallons. To be sure, this isn’t the ideal situation, therefore we take precautions to guarantee that our runs are worthwhile.
How Much Sugar do you Put into One Gallon of Mash
Of course, putting in the effort to make a huge mash is only worthwhile if you receive a substantial return on your investment. As a result, it’s a good idea to know what to expect from a run before you go out on it. The quantity of alcohol to expect from a run will be determined by the amount of alcohol consumed at the start and the final proof. The amount of beginning alcohol produced will be determined by the amount of fermentable sugar in the mash, or the amount of sugar that has been added, as well as the yeast used.
This is basically a measurement of the quantity of alcohol present in your mash.
As you might imagine, this is far from ideal, therefore we make every attempt to make our runs worthwhile.
Can You Use Bread Yeast for Moonshine?
The use of basic bread yeast as a component in moonshine is a good choice in many instances. However, it is common for it to only create a beginning alcohol concentration of 10 percent. This is frequently due to the fact that distillers yeast has been engineered to live in environments with greater amounts of ambient alcohol. In other words, while bread yeast may be on its way out, distiller’s yeast will continue to flourish. This can result in a beginning alcohol concentration of up to 20 percent in some cases.
Distillers yeast may include other nutritious elements in addition to the yeast itself.
Many traditional moonshiners, in fact, do not utilize commercial yeast at all in their production.
Purists prefer to create their moonshine without the use of yeast in order to maintain the purity of the flavor.
How Much Moonshine Do You Throw Away?
In other words, if you are preparing a 10 gallon moonshine mash recipe, you should be able to produce up to 4 gallons of moonshine, correct? Well, that’s not precisely true. As part of the process of fermenting a grain alcohol, you must distinguish between the “good stuff,” or ethanol, and the “bad stuff,” which might contain undesirable substances such as acetone and methanol. It is necessary to do cuts and fractions on your final product in order to remove the ugly material. This is a means of sorting what comes out of your still based on the temperature that it is operating at the time (and for more seasoned shiners smell and taste).
Mason jars are a good choice.
It’s not quite like that.
It is necessary to do cuts and fractions on your final product in order to remove the icky material.
We propose utilizing a variety of glass jars in order to gather these fractions. Mason jars are a good choice for this application. Using the following fractions, you may break down your run:
|Output||Temperature||Fraction||Keep or Toss?|
|Acetone||134°F or 56.5°C||Foreshots||TOSS|
|Methanol||147°F or 64°C||Heads||TOSS|
|Ethyl Acetate||171°F or 77.1°C||Heads||Keep for a second distillation or toss|
|Ethanol||172°F or 78°C||HEARTS||KEEP|
|2-Propanol||207°F or 82°C||Tails||Keep for a second distillation or toss|
|1-Propanol||207°F or 97°C||Tails||Keep for a second distillation or toss|
|Water||212°F or 100°C||Tails||Keep for a second distillation or toss|
|Butanol||241°F 116°C||Tails||Keep for a second distillation or toss|
|Amyl alcohol||280°F or 137.8°F||Tails||Keep for a second distillation or toss|
|Furfural||322°F or 161°C||Tails||Keep for a second distillation or toss|
Moonshine Cheat Sheet
So, if you’re producing a 10 gallon moonshine mash recipe, you should be able to produce up to 4 gallons of moonshine, correct? Well, that’s not quite true. When making grain alcohol, you must separate the ‘good stuff,’ which is ethanol, from the ‘bad stuff,’ which might include awful things like acetone and methanol. Cuts and fractions are necessary in order to remove the ugly material from your final output. Using this strategy, you can distinguish between what comes out of your still and what doesn’t (and for more seasoned shiners smell and taste).
Mason jars are an excellent choice.
- Depending on the size of the run, it will produce 3-6 cups of alcohol
- A 5 gallon run will produce 1-2 gallons of alcohol
- An 8 gallon run will produce 1.5-3 gallons of alcohol
- And a 10 gallon run will produce 2-4 gallons of alcohol.
Can moonshine mash ferment too long?
In general, as long as the moonshine is kept in an airtight container, it is safe to leave it to ferment for an extended period of time without becoming contaminated. It is possible, though, that your fruit mash will turn into vinegar if it is fermented in the absence of oxygen. Fermentation takes around two weeks in the majority of instances. When the fermentation process is complete, you will notice that there is no activity in your airlock for around two days.
Using a Hydrometer to Check for Fermentation
In general, as long as the moonshine is kept in an airtight container, it is OK to leave it to ferment for a period of time without being concerned. It is possible, though, that your fruit mash will develop into vinegar if it is fermented in the presence of oxygen. Fermentation takes around two weeks in most circumstances. When there is no activity in your airlock for around two days, you will know that fermentation is complete.
HOW TO USE YOUR HYDROMETER
Although using a hydrometer may appear frightening at first, it is actually rather simple to do so.
- Fill the hydrometer two-thirds of the way with water
- Add your hydrometer and gently rotate the hydrometer in your hands to eliminate any bubbles
- Then repeat the process. Take the reading when the hydrometer reaches its lowest point. Your mash is ready to be distillated if your reading comes out at 1.000. It is still need to ferment for a day or two if the reading is greater than one hundred twenty (1.020). You have reached the end of fermentation if your reading is more than 1.020 and has not changed in the past three days.
FAQsiwm23jqhl a6920iinwltm2021-12-14T21:49:39+00:00 a6920iinwltm2021-12-14T21:49:39+00:00
1. How much shine can I expect to produce when I run my still?
When it comes to purchasing a still, this is the question that everyone has on their mind. It is all a matter of mathematics, and some individuals provide solutions based on “strange” mathematical reasoning. The truth is depends on how you mash things together. The fermentation process, which takes place prior to the distillation process, will have a significant impact on how much you may anticipate to generate. Average ABV (alcohol by volume) during the fermenting process should be between 10 and 15 percent (as measured by volume).
- The fermentation process produces alcohol and carbon dioxide as byproducts (when yeast eat sugars).
- Most yeast strands become extremely agitated as a result of their living circumstances when the ABV reaches around 18 percent.
- Having a high ABV (16 percent or above) comes at the expense of having a greater level of alcohol/shine that is not worth drinking from a flavor viewpoint.
- This series provides a deliciously smooth shine with a pleasant taste.
- You will then receive an honest assessment of the amount of shine to be expected.
If your alcohol by volume (ABV) is 15 percent, your total volume will be 1.5 gallons. You can’t disagree with the math, no matter what still you use to extract the alcohol from the mixture during the distillation process.
2. Why are moonshine stills made from copper?
Actually, copper is not the only material used to construct stills. Some people make use of stainless steel and other metals, while others utilize alternative materials. Due to the fact that copper is an excellent heat conductor, the heat from the still is distributed uniformly throughout the whole surface of the still. This results in a distillation process that is nearly flawless. Copper, on the other hand, has a number of other advantages. Almost all whiskey connoisseurs think that whiskey created from copper tastes better than whiskey made from other materials.
When you run a moonshine still, the fermentation of yeast produces sulfur, and sulfur imparts a harsh flavor to the whiskey produced.
Copper sulfate will adhere to the interior of your copper still, making your whiskey significantly smoother as a result of this reaction.
3. What gauge copper do we use?
Actually, copper is not the only material used to construct all stills. Certain metals, such as stainless steel and other alloys, are utilized by some people. Due to the fact that copper is an excellent heat conductor, the heat from the still is distributed uniformly throughout the whole surface. Consequently, the distillation process becomes nearly perfect. Copper, on the other hand, has several other advantages. It is almost universally agreed upon by whiskey connoisseurs that whiskey distilled from copper tastes superior.
During the fermentation process of a moonshine still, the yeast produces sulfur, which gives whiskey its distinctively bitter flavor.
Copper sulfate will adhere to the interior of your copper still, resulting in a smoother whiskey overall.
4. Are stills illegal?
This is a difficult topic to answer since there is no ideal solution. Owning a moonshine still is totally legal in the United States, but you must first get a “distilled spirits permit” or a “federal fuel alcohol permit” from the appropriate government agency. In other words, you can have it, but you won’t be able to use it until you have your permit. The permit is reasonably priced and simple to get. For additional information, go to www.TTB.gov/spirits/spirits-permits.shtml or call 1-877-TTB-PERMITS.
The production of 100 gallons per year is permitted in some places, like as Missouri. Others, such as New York, on the other hand, only permit manufacture if you are a distillery. We urge that you look into the exact regulations that apply in your region so that you can make an educated choice!
5. Do we report or record customer information to the government?
NEVER. God, nation, and family are the three things in which we at North Georgia Still Company believe. We are patriots in the truest meaning of the word, and we are proud of it. Your conduct on your property is neither our business nor the business of anybody else, even Uncle Sam.
6. Can I order a custom still? How does it work?
NEVER. God, nation, and family are three things that we at North Georgia Still Company hold dear. The term “patriot” refers to someone who believes in something in its most fundamental sense. Nothing we or anyone else, even Uncle Sam, has any interest in what you do on your land.
7. Why don’t we provide fittings and extra copper tubing for our standard still sets?
NEVER. God, nation, and family are the three things that we at North Georgia Still Company hold dear. The term “patriot” refers to someone who believes in the country’s founding principles. What you do on your land is none of our concern, nor is it the business of anybody else, not even Uncle Sam.
8. Where can I find copper tubing and compression fittings?
It’s easy to find everything you need to finish your setup at Home Depot, Lowe’s, or any other local hardware shop in your area. For those of you who live too far away from civilisation, you may get everything online, or you can include an assembly kit with your order!
9. What kind of warranty do I get with my still?
You entrusted us with your hard-earned money. We will fix, replace, or otherwise correct any problems that may emerge as a result of frequent use. To be clear, if you opt to shoot your still with a 12 gauge and then notify us that it leaks, we may not be able to provide a complete replacement for your still. We will, however, attempt to correct the situation if possible. We create high-quality stills that you will be able to pass on to your grandchildren. It is un-American to accept anything less.
We will never, ever, ever disclose any of your personal information with any third party.
11. Do we ship in a plain box?
Yep. We use basic brown cartons that are really uninteresting. Your nosy neighbor will be none the wiser as a result of this.
12. What happens if my product is damaged in shipping?
Please get in touch with us right away! It is important for us that all of our clients open and examine their products as quickly as possible. It is important not to be alarmed if yours gets damaged in transportation. We’ll take good care of you, we promise. If your product has been damaged during delivery, please do not use it until it has been repaired. Contact us as soon as you have taken images of the box and the damage.
13. Can I use a propane burner?
Yes! Propane heaters are fantastic! Make sure you pick one with a heat throttle that can be adjusted. This will allow you to manage the rate at which the distillation takes place. Keep in mind that the slower you go, the better. Using a piece of sheet metal as a barrier between your burner and the still is highly recommended. This will allow for more uniform heat distribution to the bottom of the still and will also assist to prevent the still from becoming burnt on the bottom. Please go to for instructions on how to correctly set up your account.
14. What else can my still make besides alcohol?
A still may be used for a variety of purposes.
Customers who manufacture essential oils, gasoline, and distill water are among those who do business with us. A is still a fantastic tool for those who are preparing for the future. Fresh water and fuel may be extremely important in an emergency situation!
15. What if my still is defective?
If you are experiencing difficulties with your still, please let us know. Please contact us as soon as possible so that we can get you a replacement! You send us an email with your contact information. We’ll keep you informed about any new developments and new recipes. a link to the page’s load
Amazon.com: 10 Gallon Copper Moonshine Still Self Build Kit with Free Condenser Worm: Home & Kitchen
You should let us know if you are experiencing difficulties with your still. In order for us to get you a replacement, please contact us as soon as possible. Our email address is provided by you. Updates on current events and recipes will be sent to you through email. a link to the page load
10 Gallon Moonshine Still
Although the item is in stock, it may not arrive by Christmas. Our 10 gallon moonshine still is an excellent piece of equipment for enthusiasts who are ready to take their hobby to the next level of sophistication. While this does not allow you to focus in on each batch of moonshine, it does allow you to make precise cuts of 1 to 2 gallons every run. When combined with its amazing size and beautiful contours, the 10 Gallon Still creates an appealing combination of art and practicality.
- Stock is available, however it is possible that it will not reach in time for the holidays. Our 10 gallon moonshine still is an excellent piece of equipment for those who are ready to take their hobby to the next level of sophistication. The ability to pinpoint each batch of moonshine and make precise cuts to the tune of 1 to 2 gallons every run is still possible with this method. Its remarkable size and graceful curves combine to create an appealing combination of beauty and practicality in the 10 Gallon Still.
Although the item is now in stock, it may not arrive by Christmas. Our 10 gallon moonshine still is an excellent piece of equipment for those who want to take their hobby to the next level. This still allows you to hone in on each batch of moonshine and produce precise cuts of 1 to 2 gallons every run, depending on the batch. The 10 Gallon Still’s enormous size and sleek contours combine to create an attractive combination of art and practicality.
- Large enough to hold 10 gallons of water. Fully assembled, the pot measures 33 in. long, 17 in. wide, and 28 in. high. The bottom of the pot measures 12 inches in diameter. CopperBrass Handles
- Copper Thickness: 1 mm (20 Gauge)
TDN – 10 Gallon Copper Moonshine Still – Complete
Large enough to hold 10 gallons of water. Fully assembled, the pot is 33 in. long, 17 in. wide, and 28 in. high. Its base diameter is 12 in. Cupro-nickel brass handles; copper thickness: 1 mm (20 gauge); copper thickness: 1 mm (20 gauge); copper thickness: 20 gauge; copper thickness: 1 mm (20 gauge);
10 gallon pot with a cap on it Thumper measures 9 9 inches in length (Upgraded Thumper) Worm – 1012 inches in length (Upgraded Worm)
Pure Organic Copper Sheets (22 gauge) weighing 20 ounces (Lead Free)
Pure Organic Copper Sheets (22 gauge) weighing 20 ounces (Lead Free)
Pure Organic Copper Sheets, 22 gauge, 20 oz (Lead Free)
1 – 2 weeks to ship standard orders (including all other products).
Thumper and Worm Upgraded vs. Standard Thumper and Worm | Wow Video The Distillery Network is a copper art firm that specializes in the design, manufacture, and distribution of copper art pieces and other copper products. Our talented artisans make these one-of-a-kind, yet totally functional works of art in the state of New Hampshire, where they are assembled. We are experts in the design, manufacture, and distribution of COPPER MOONSHINE STILLS that are meticulously manufactured to perfection!
- All of our units have been thoroughly water tested and have no leaks.
- Custom orders are also available….
- The Distillery Network Inc.
- This is the pinnacle of alcohol distillation.
- All of our liquor stills are constructed from the highest quality 99.9 percent pure lead-free copper sheets that are acquired locally in the United States.
- You may simply set up your own home distillery with a few simple tools.
- This is a real Appalachian pot remaining in its original form.
We can assist you in purchasing home distilling equipment from the finest in the market. Have you seen the Moonshiners’ stage production? We offer stills for sale if you want to buy a moonshine still. You can manufacture whiskey, bourbon, rum, and a variety of other alcoholic beverages.
10 Gallon Moonshine Still Made in USA
Please allow 2 to 3 months for your unit to be delivered. Contact us by phone or text at 1-603-997-6786. All money will be used to purchase a breakthrough machine, which you can learn more about here. Www.distillingdatadump.com Contribute to an American company’s ability to compete with China!
Unless otherwise stated, all models are our base models, which are the same ones we have been making for the previous seven years. Over the years, we have created a number of add-ons that we are confident you will like. Let’s speak about your first or last Copper Moonshine Still that was made in the United States. The number is: 1-603-997-6786. Call us at any time of day or night.MESSAGE TO ALL POTENTIAL BUYERS +++++++++++++ YOU ARE SEARCHING FOR THE FINEST STILLS ON THE INTERNET. All of our products are already assembled and ready to use; there is no soldering required.
- ~~~ The Distillery Network is a copper art firm that specializes in the design, manufacture, and distribution of copper art pieces and other copper products.
- We specialize in the design, manufacture, and distribution of our 10 gallon all copper MOONSHINE STILLS, which are meticulously manufactured to exacting standards of quality.
- All of our units have been thoroughly water tested and have no leaks.
- The POT, THUMPER, WORM, and CAP with Temperature Gauge are all made entirely of lead-free materials, as is the rest of the set.
- Essential oils and perfumes are a type of fragrance.
- Without charging you any additional fees, your device will be delivered in a safe and timely way.
- To everywhere in the continental United States.
If you live in Hawaii or Alaska, please get in touch with us so that we can discuss delivery alternatives.
Whether it is for exhibition as art, for entertainment, or for survival, we guarantee that you will be delighted with your purchase or we will refund your money 100%.
Custom orders are also available.
We manufacture in large quantities the HIGHEST QUALITY distillation units currently available on the market.
Our distillation machines are constructed in the United States of America using thick sheet copper that weighs 20 oz.
We have a patented design that is a TRUE APPALACHIAN MOONSHINE STILL that was created just for us.
Our stills are the greatest in the business, and we have a 7,000 square foot facility in Manchester, New Hampshire, to prove it.
Here’s a link to our most recent viral video.
A new era of distillation is upon us, and NOW is the perfect moment for YOU to acquire your very own 100 percent copper Distillation Unit / Moonshine Still.
This is the greatest moment to invest in a natural survival tool of your own.
We construct distillation units ranging in size from 2 gallons to 25 gallons.
as a result of our positive feedback.
Spirits are produced through the process of distillation.
Anti-Septic Gaseous Ethanol Water Distillation, among other things.
Please allow 2 to 3 months for your unit to be delivered.
All money will be used to purchase a breakthrough machine, which you can learn more about here.
How to Make the Smoothest Mash Recipe for Moonshine
I’ve been producing moonshine for more than two decades and have experimented with a variety of formulas and measuring techniques. In spite of the fact that I have tried with every sort of ingredient possible, the smoothest mash I have ever prepared is so basic that it will take your breath away. The following dish is also suitable for those who are new to cooking. This recipe does not rely on complicated components to break down starch chains into sugars, as is the case with many others. This dish is quite easy to make.
The key weapon is sweet feed, as you may have guessed.
Why is the mash recipe so important?
When it comes to the flavor of the whiskey, the mash is by far the most crucial thing to consider. Consider the following scenario: you go on a whiskey run and the whiskey turns out to be 110 proof. This indicates that it contains 55 percent alcohol. As a result, the remaining 45 percent is made up of the water that came from the mash. As a result, the final product is significantly influenced by the mash. The entire amount of the mash produced by this recipe, including the grains, is 30 gallons.
Smoothest Mash Recipe Ingredients
When it comes to the flavor of whiskey, the mash is the most crucial aspect to consider. Consider the following scenario: you go on a whiskey run and discover that the whiskey is 110 percent alcohol by volume. In other words, it’s 55 percent alcohol by volume, or 55 percent by volume by volume by volume That leaves 45% for water that was extracted from the mash to be added. Thus, the mash has an enormous impact on the finished result. With the grains included, this recipe will yield 30 liters of mashed potatoes.
Moonshine Batch Sizing Table
|Gallons||Grains (gallons)||Yeast (Tbsp)||Sugar (lbs)|
Step-By-Step Guide To Making Moonshine
When you crack the grains, you are softening them and allowing the flavor to come through. To make the stock, fill a big pot with five gallons of water (an outside turkey fryer pot works well). Bring this water to a temperature of 160 degrees. I make use of a gas stove that I keep outside. The mash will be cooked in a large saucepan. In particular, I recommend the Bayou Classics propane burner since it is quite sturdy and features an adjustable regulator for temperature control. It’s the only one I use at the moment.
- Wait for the water to reach its proper temperature before mixing one part sweet feed to two parts corn in a 5 gallon bucket until it is completely full.
- Using the above example, a 5 gallon bucket of grains would contain 66 percent maize (3.3 gallons) and 33 percent sweet feed (1.66 gallons).
- I use a one-gallon scoop to make the process go more quickly.
- Now is the time to add the grains and lower the heat to maintain 160 degrees for 45 minutes.
- 1 part sweet feed to 2 parts chopped corn is an excellent ratio.
- Throughout this eBook, I will guide you step-by-step through the whole process, from selecting equipment to sipping your very own homebrewed whiskey.
I’ve included my time-tested, beginner-friendly corn whiskey recipe, which I devised to be exceedingly easy and very smooth, and it’s included as well. This eBook is now available for purchase.
Step Two: Mix the Mash
Pour the cracked grains into a 30-gallon container and whisk in 25 pounds of sugar until well combined. When the sugar has completely dissolved, add 15 to 20 gallons of cold water at a time until the mash mix reaches a total volume of 30 gallons (by volume). Sweet feed and yeast pack are added to chopped corn. After hearing from a number of my readers that it can be difficult to get unpelletized sweet feed for this recipe, I developed an ingredients package that you can purchase that has everything you need to mash a 10 gallon batch.
Step Three: Add the Yeast
Into a 30 gallon container, drop the broken grains and whisk in 25 pounds of sugar until well combined. As soon as the sugar is completely dissolved, add 15 to 20 gallons of cold water to the mash mix, stirring constantly, until the mixture reaches a total volume of 30 gal. Sweet feed and yeast pack added to chopped corn. After hearing from a number of my readers that it can be difficult to locate unpelletized sweet feed for this recipe, I developed an ingredients kit that you can purchase that has everything you need to mash a 10 gallon batch of sweet feed.
Step Four: Let the Mash Ferment
All that remains is for you to wait. Allow for approximately a week for the mash to do its thing. It is finished until you can no longer see the bubbling that is created by the yeast as it releases carbon dioxide from the mash. Once the fermentation process is complete, filter the liquid to remove the spent particles and transfer the liquid to your still for further processing. The wash is the name given to the last liquid. The only thing you want to do is put the wash into the still. That’s all there is to it!
In case you’re interested in making your own DIY project on a budget, I’ve created a two-part video lesson that you can watch: A prefabricated still kit for home usage, like as this one from Vanell, is also available on Amazon.
I hope you have liked this post and that you will find the recipe to be simple and enjoyable to prepare! You will thoroughly love the exceptionally smooth whiskey that is produced by this mash. Just keep in mind that moonshine production is both an art and a science, and your first batch will almost certainly not be flawless, and your second batch will almost certainly not be either. Nonetheless, if you persist with it and master the intricacies of your still, you will soon become an expert in the art of moonshining production!
Good luck with your stilling!