The Moonshine The nose on this iced tea-looking liquid smacks of pie spices (cinnamon first and foremost) and apple juice, but mostly the spices. The apple comes forward on the palate to evenly share center stage, and the flavor really is like apple pie, and it’s not at all a boozy apple pie taste either.
What’s the difference between Moonshine and apple pie?
- Moonshine is as American as apple pie. So it only made sense to blend pure apple juice, ground cinnamon, and other spices with our whiskey to create Ole Smoky ® Apple Pie Moonshine. This delicious combination of flavors can conjure up memories of warm apple pie on a cool summer evening and goes down just as easy. Where to Buy.
- 1 Does Ole Smoky Moonshine taste good?
- 2 What does Ole Smoky Original moonshine taste like?
- 3 What’s the best flavor of Ole Smoky Moonshine?
- 4 Is Ole Smoky moonshine real moonshine?
- 5 How much alcohol is in Ole Smoky moonshine?
- 6 How do you drink moonshine?
- 7 How much is Ole Smoky Moonshine?
- 8 How many flavors does Ole Smoky moonshine have?
- 9 What does Hunch Punch taste like?
- 10 What flavors of moonshine are there?
- 11 What’s the best way to flavor moonshine?
- 12 How long is Ole Smoky moonshine good for?
- 13 How do you drink moonshine cherries?
- 14 Ole Smoky Tennessee Moonshine Review
- 15 Ole Smoky Apple Pie Moonshine
- 16 Enter Ole Smoky Apple Pie Moonshine
- 17 Natural apple pie flavor
- 18 About the Ole Smoky distillery
- 19 Ole Smoky Apple Pie Moonshine Raises the Proof
- 20 Cape Cod Package Store Fine Wine & Spirits Ole Smoky Moonshine Apple Pie
Does Ole Smoky Moonshine taste good?
The first legal moonshine distillery in Tennessee, Ole Smoky Moonshine grabs you by the mouth with a distinct flavor that’s similar to a whiskey. If you crave the smooth taste of whiskey but without the pretentious air about it, Ole Smoky Moonshine will cure what ails you.
What does Ole Smoky Original moonshine taste like?
The nose is distinctively apple and spice, a little like spiced apple cider. If you didn’t know it had alcohol in it, you wouldn’t be able to tell from smelling it. The entry is appley sweet to the start and then it transitions in the mid palate to more spicy with deep cinnamon and allspice flavors.
What’s the best flavor of Ole Smoky Moonshine?
Made from distilled corn, White Lightning gives that classic moonshine taste that makes it one of the most popular flavors at Ole Smoky Moonshine in Gatlinburg TN.
Is Ole Smoky moonshine real moonshine?
“Moonshine, by definition, is any high proof spirit that’s illegally distilled,” says Nicole Pearlman of Ole Smoky Distillery in Gatlinburg, Tennessee — the first legal moonshine distillery in a state known for its history of moonshine production. It’s just moonshine.”
How much alcohol is in Ole Smoky moonshine?
In response to consumer requests, Ole Smoky Tennessee Moonshine upped the alcohol content in three of its flavored moonshines. It now offers Strawberry Lightnin’, Lemon Drop Lightnin’ and Hunch Punch Lightnin’ moonshines with 40 percent alcohol by volume.
How do you drink moonshine?
Moonshine is traditionally sipped straight, right out of the jar. You can also drink it in shots.
How much is Ole Smoky Moonshine?
Most of our products are priced at $24.95 with the exception of our fruits (Cherries, Peaches, Pickles) which are $29.95, Blue Flame which is $34.95, and Straight Bourbon Whiskey which is $44.95.
How many flavors does Ole Smoky moonshine have?
About Ole Smoky Tennessee Moonshine® Currently, Ole Smoky Tennessee Moonshine retails eight flavors of moonshine made using authentic East Tennessee recipes, jarred and shipped directly from the company’s famed Gatlinburg distillery.
What does Hunch Punch taste like?
A tropical taste of Southern sass. Whether you are doing your best to avoid tan lines at the Outer Banks or sportin’ your scootin’ boots, Ole Smoky Lightin’ Hunch Punch brings a tropical sweetness to any Southern lass.
What flavors of moonshine are there?
HANDCRAFTED MOONSHINE FLAVORS
- STRAIGHT. CAREFUL, THIS CAT DADDY MIGHT SEND YA CRYING FOR YOUR MAMA.
- SWEET TEA. CLOSER TO A SOUTHERNER’S HEART THAN THEIR GUN.
- PEACH. STRAIGHT FROM THE HANDS OF THE FARMER HIMSELF
- APPLE PIE. WE HAVEN’T FOUND A MATCH FOR GRANDMA’S RECIPE
- LEMON LIME.
- ORANGE CREAM.
What’s the best way to flavor moonshine?
Let’s face it, moonshine, or unaged whiskey, packs a strong punch. But you can subdue its potent taste by flavoring it with almost any fruit, including watermelon, peach, strawberry, raspberry, apple, lime or lemon.
How long is Ole Smoky moonshine good for?
Generally they will last two years unopened and about six months after opening. They will generally last longer if you store them in the fridge after opening as well.
How do you drink moonshine cherries?
Each jar is hand-filled with fresh maraschino cherries soaked in Ole Smoky’s 100 proof moonshine. Each cherry says a sweet hello followed by a warm goodbye. Once the cherries have disappeared, enjoy the remaining Cherry Moonshine straight up or create the ultimate Cherry Coke or Shirley Temple.
Ole Smoky Tennessee Moonshine Review
Tennessee Moonshine with a Smoky Flavor There’s a lot of mystery and mysticism around moonshine, and it’s sometimes misunderstood as fire water or on a level with turpentine, which isn’t the case. However, the fact is that moonshine is more closely associated with Grandma’s freshly made apple pie than with the image of drinking it and going blind that it appears to have acquired over the years. Moonshine is commonly created from maize, but because it has historically been an uncontrolled spirit, it may be made from just about anything, including fruit juice.
The product is intended to be consumed clear, and in the case of Ole Smoky Tennessee Moonshine, the product is intended to be consumed directly from the jar, as opposed to being diluted.
The entrance has a slight sting to it and is less sweet in comparison to the nose.
Toward the end of the mid-palate, where things start to get a touch vapory, a sweet, rum-like note appears and takes over the palate.
- When we initially opened the jar ofOle Smoky Tennessee Moonshine, we attempted to pour it into glasses, which turned out to be a bit of a fiasco because it is not a simple operation to cleanly pour from a mason jar into a glass.
- Drinking from a mason jar is actually pretty enjoyable, and it is a refreshing change of pace.
- This “moonshine experience” was not without its flaws, though, and the taste shift towards the end of the mid-palate did not make us forget about it.
- Ole Smoky Tennessee Apple Pie Moonshine (40 proof) – Ole Smoky Tennessee Apple Pie Moonshine (40 proof) – Because of a huge decline in proof from the primary moonshine, the apple pie moonshine is exceptionally simple to drink in big numbers, even in little amounts.
- Unless you knew it included alcohol, you wouldn’t be able to determine just by smelling it whether or not it did.
- The apple tastes in this cider are much more akin to apple pie than apple cider, and it finishes with a small vinegary note towards the end of the mid palate, which is unusual for apple cider.
- We appreciate thatOle Smoky Tennessee Apple Pie Moonshineisn’t too sweet, and that it has a flavor that goes above and beyond theTravis Hasse’s Original Apple Pie Liqueurthat is now available on the market.
You may sip the Apple Pie Moonshine directly from the mason jar, just like you would with the regular Ole Smoky Moonshine. Drinking moonshine is a lovely treat, and it’s a terrific way to get a taste of the softer, sweeter, and more fruity side of moonshine drinking.
Ole Smoky Apple Pie Moonshine
It is possible that our posts will include affiliate links. More information may be found in our policies. Is it true that moonshine is an aphrodisiac? We don’t exactly have a plethora of folkloric history to support this claim, to put it mildly. However, in essence, all alcoholic beverages are aphrodisiacs (consumed in moderation). As a result, the aphrodisiac properties of moonshine have been established. Read on to find out more about the aphrodisiac properties of moonshine.
Enter Ole Smoky Apple Pie Moonshine
Now, the drink on its own may not conjure up images of silky sheets and sensuous pleasures, but in combination with other drinks, it may. But what happens when a Tennessee distillery infuses its moonshine with the fragrance of reputedly aphrodisiac apples, notes of cinnamon, and a golden baked, buttery crust? What happens? The resultant apple pie moonshine, on the other hand, tickles the taste buds–as well as the erogenous zones–in an entirely different way.
Natural apple pie flavor
Naturally occurring flavors are used to produce the flavor of Ole Smoky Apple Pie Moonshine. Their traditional moonshine is made with pure apple juice and a specific combination of baking spices, as well as other natural ingredients. (By the way, baking spices are sometimes referred to as “warming spices” in some circles.) The end product plays tricks on the mind, bringing up images of sugary, pie-filled nights in the past. It is because of you, Ole Smoky, that we have been warmed from within.
About the Ole Smoky distillery
Ole Smoky truly has a role in Tennessee history, despite the fact that you would think that apple pie moonshine is nothing more than a (excuse the pun) pie in the sky concept. It is the first distillery in eastern Tennessee to be granted a federal license. As a result, even while it doesn’t add to the attraction of bootleg moonshine’s prohibition-era attractiveness, you can be comfortable that these people are doing everything correctly. Additionally, Ole Smoky Distillery produces Tennessee Whiskies in a range of unusual tastes, like Apple Pie Moonshine and Vanilla Bean Whiskey.
Visit theOle Smoky website for additional information and to find out where you can get your hands on a mason jar of this body-warming brew for yourself.
FREE APHRODISIAC NEWSLETTER
Sign up for our free aphrodisiac newsletter now!. Thank you for signing up for our newsletter. There was a snag in the system. We value your privacy and take the protection of your information very seriously.
Ole Smoky Apple Pie Moonshine Raises the Proof
GATLINBURG, TENNESSEE — Ole Smoky Moonshine announced today the debut of a higher proof version of their Ole Smoky Apple Pie Moonshine, which will be available nationwide. The drink was initially made with a 20 percent alcohol by volume (ABV) (40 proof). In order to push things further, the corporation decided to raise the proof level to 70 percent of the original value (35 percent ABV). According to John Cochran, CEO of Ole Smoky, “Apple Pie 70 is going to be a game changer for us.” This delightful taste has a more strong kick, which millennials will love.” We expect that it will be more well-liked by our loyal customers while also attracting new customers.” Apple Pie moonshine is one of the most traditional moonshine tastes, with a rich history dating back hundreds of years.
- Ole Smoky made the strategic decision to boost the proof as a result of its enormous success.
- “Ole Smoky has introduced a variety of varieties throughout the last several years, but this year we are particularly delighted to narrow our emphasis on our most popular flavor, Apple Pie,” says Meg Bruno, VP of Marketing at the company.
- The History of Ole Smoky® Moonshine Ole Smoky Distillery is the largest producer of quality moonshine in the United States, and it was the first federally permitted distillery in the history of the state of Tennessee.
- This indicates that this isn’t just a case of moonshine.
- In 2009, the legislation in Tennessee was altered, and it became lawful to manufacture, distill, and sell bootlegger’s hooch, which had previously been illegal.
- And the rest of the world embraced it.
- Shanken Communications, a renowned publisher in the United States wine and spirits business, has designated Ole Smoky a Hot Brand with an Impact.
- Aside from that, visitors from all over the globe come to our world-renowned Gatlinburg Distillery, The HollerTM, to see and experience firsthand how Ole Smoky moonshine is created.
- And while Ole Smoky has long been savored on the porch from a jar or a jug, it is also being used in hand-crafted cocktails of the highest caliber at places across the United States, including some of the country’s most prestigious music and sporting events.
- And we’re ready to put up our best show.
Shine Responsibly® is a registered trademark of Ole Smoky Distillery, LLC. All Intellectual Property Rights are Reserved. Ole Smoky Distillery, LLC owns the trademarks OLE SMOKY, OLE SMOKY TENNESSEE MOONSHINE, and SHINE RESPONSIBLY, which are all registered trademarks of the company.
Cape Cod Package Store Fine Wine & Spirits Ole Smoky Moonshine Apple Pie
Americana in a jar, if you will. The scent of Grandma’s sapple pie cooling on the ledge is intoxicating. This delightful mix of tastes – produced with pure apple juice, ground cinnamon, and other spices – is captured in Ole Smoky s Apple Pie Moonshine, which is prepared using our handmade moonshine, an original recipe that has been enjoyed for generations in Appalachia. Despite its high proof (40 percent), it is quite palatable and goes down as easily as a forkful of warm apple pie. Some people prefer it cold, while others prefer it hot.
Ole Smoky’s Apple Pie Moonshine and apple pie are two classic flavours of Americana that go together like peanut butter and jelly.
|Our families were among the early settlers of the Smoky Mountains – they came to the Smokies through Virginia and North Carolina. They honed the art of whiskey making in order to survive during tough economic times. Most families from this area share a history of a family member making, running or selling whiskey. Today, the true moonshiners and bootleggers still consider it taboo to tell stories or brag about moonshine glory. Because of the consequences, talking about your craft or trade was something you just didn�t do.HOW AND WHYWhen Tennessee state law recently changed to allow the distillation of spirits, we saw an opportunity to showcase the art of superior mountain-made moonshine. The Ole Smoky recipes are the product of the hard work and experience of local families who have made moonshine in the mountains for the last two hundred years.Ole Smoky is the first federally licensed distillery in the history of East Tennessee.FAMILY BUSINESS, LOCAL SUPPLIERSThis is a local family business. Our whiskey is born in the fertile soil of East Tennessee farms where our corn is raised and then transported to our family�s mill to be ground for Tennessee�s original moonshine. At the distillery, you can see the grains converted into the clear corn liquor this part of the country is famous for.|