|Alcohol by volume||At least 40%|
|Proof (US)||At least 80°|
- What Is The Highest Proof Moonshine The highest proof moonshine you can make using distillation will be 191 proof (95.5% ABV ). That’s because alcohol begins to attract moisture from the air at concentrations higher than 96% ABV, immediately diluting your moonshine.
- 1 What is the strongest moonshine you can drink?
- 2 What is the ideal proof for moonshine?
- 3 What is the highest proof you can drink?
- 4 Can moonshine be over 100 proof?
- 5 Who makes the highest proof moonshine?
- 6 Is Everclear moonshine?
- 7 What proof is moonshine if it burns blue?
- 8 How many proof is Everclear?
- 9 How do you proof down moonshine?
- 10 What is the highest proof alcohol legally sold?
- 11 Can you drink 200 proof alcohol?
- 12 Which alcohol is 180 proof?
- 13 How is 200 proof moonshine?
- 14 How can you tell if moonshine is poisonous?
- 15 Will real moonshine freeze?
- 16 Here’s How Much Alcohol Is Actually In Moonshine
- 17 The true dangers of moonshine
- 18 Proofing Moonshine: 2 Ways To Tell The Proof Of Your Moonshine
- 19 What Is Proof?
- 20 ABV vs. Proof
- 21 2 Methods for Proofing Moonshine
- 22 What Is The Highest Proof Moonshine
- 23 what percent alcohol is moonshine
- 24 Here’s How Much Alcohol Is Actually In Moonshine
- 25 The true dangers of moonshine
- 26 Do drink: Old Fitzgerald
- 27 Which alcohol has the most alcohol content?
- 28 Does moonshine get you drunk?
- 29 Does moonshine get you drunk? what percent alcohol is moonshine
- 30 How many beers equal a shot of whiskey? what percent alcohol is moonshine
- 31 How To Proof Moonshine? Step By Step Instructions
- 32 What Proof is Moonshine Usually?
- 33 How Do You Get High Proof Moonshine?
- 34 How to Proof Moonshine with Hydrometer (Step by Step)
- 35 Can You Make 200 Proof Alcohol?
- 36 What is a Hydrometer and How to Use It
- 37 Why Alcohol Content is Measured in Proof?
- 38 ABV vs. Proof
- 39 Conclusion
- 40 What Is Moonshine
- 41 What’s Moonshine?
- 42 What Is Moonshine Made From?
- 43 Moonshine Alcohol Percentage | Moonshine Proof
- 44 Moonshine Flavors
- 45 Is Moonshine Legal | Why Is Moonshine Illegal
- 46 What Is Moonshine & Why Is It Illegal? How To Drink Moonshine
- 47 Learn All About Moonshine With Bespoke Unit
- 48 What Is Moonshine?
- 49 Why Is Moonshine Illegal?
- 50 Moonshine History
- 51 How Does Moonshine Taste?
- 52 How To Properly Drink Moonshine
- 53 Similar DrinksMoonshine Substitutes
- 54 What Are The Benefits Of Drinking Moonshine?
- 55 What Next?
- 56 How to Drink Moonshine
- 57 About This Article
- 58 Did this article help you?
What is the strongest moonshine you can drink?
Ole Smoky Tennessee Moonshine has announced its newest flavor: Blue Flame. At 128 proof, its their strongest moonshine yet. With a serious kick, it is a very drinkable, modern-day sugar liquor, the company says.
What is the ideal proof for moonshine?
What Proof is Moonshine Usually? With a reputation for being notoriously potent, moonshine is known for having a strong “kick” to it. When it comes to what proof moonshine is, the figure usually hovers around 150 proof, which is about 75 percent alcohol.
What is the highest proof you can drink?
The Highest Proof Spirits in the World You Can Actually Buy
- Stroh Rum, 160 Proof.
- Sunset Very Strong Rum, 169 Proof.
- Balkan 176 Vodka, 176 Proof.
- Pincer Shanghai Strength Vodka, 178 Proof.
- Hapsburg Gold Label Premium Reserve Absinthe, 179 Proof.
- Everclear, 190 Proof.
- Golden Grain, 190 Proof.
- Spirytus, 192 Proof.
Can moonshine be over 100 proof?
The highest proof moonshine you can make using distillation will be 191 proof (95.5% ABV). It’s worth noting that in most parts of the United States, it is illegal to distill moonshine above 160 proof (80% ABV) and it cannot be bottled at more than 125 proof (62.5% ABV).
Who makes the highest proof moonshine?
Dark Corner Distillery Moonshine Branded The World’s Best Moonshine, this bottle has an ABV of 50 percent and a proof of 100.
Is Everclear moonshine?
Both Everclear and Moonshine are unaged spirits; however, Everclear is made from grain and Moonshine from corn. Everclear is a brand name of a neutral-tasting, very potent grain alcohol. Moonshine is a general term used to describe illegally produced corn whiskey.
What proof is moonshine if it burns blue?
At 128 proof, it’s clear, clean and exactly what moonshine should be. Purity and perfection are the name of the game when it comes to Ole Smoky®Blue Flame Moonshine.
How many proof is Everclear?
germ killer to cocktail ingredient. You know 190-proof Everclear by reputation. The bartender’s equivalent of jet fuel, this high-octane neutral grain spirit is more than twice the strength of standard vodka, and is illegal in 11 states.
How do you proof down moonshine?
The solution is to proof down slowly, a few drops, or points at a time. 93% to 87% to 83% so on and so forth. If you are going to proof something down, you need to let it sit for at least 24 hours. That is called “marrying” This is especially important during bottling.
What is the highest proof alcohol legally sold?
#1 Spirytus — 192 Proof Polish-made Spirytus vodka — 96 percent alcohol — is the strongest bottle of liquor sold in the world.
Can you drink 200 proof alcohol?
What will happen if I drink 200 proof ethanol? Well, other than the fact that it’ll probably make you hork if you try to drink it straight… you’ll get about twice as drunk as you would from consuming the same amount of 100 proof ethanol (and slightly more than twice as drunk as you would from 80 proof).
Which alcohol is 180 proof?
River Antoine Royale Grenadian Rum 180 (90% alcohol). Made in: GrenadaDrawing from the centuries-old tradition of “pot stilling”—a method of slow-distilling used for maximum flavor—this strong, clear rum is distilled from fermented sugarcane juice using a waterwheel.
How is 200 proof moonshine?
Since alcohol boils at a lower temperature than water, it boils first. Our distillation process produces 95% pure alcohol or 190 proof. To produce pure, 200 proof alcohol, we use a molecular sieve, so extract the last 5% of the water. The pure alcohol is transferred to storage tanks and ready to be shipped.
How can you tell if moonshine is poisonous?
How to Test for Purity. Folklore tells us one way to test the purity of moonshine is to pour some in a metal spoon and set it on fire. 6 If it burns with a blue flame it is safe, but if it burns with a yellow or red flame, it contains lead, prompting the old saying, “Lead burns red and makes you dead.”
Will real moonshine freeze?
Well, most moonshine, like other liquors, is about 40% alcohol (80 proof). So, if you were to freeze it, the water component of the drink would freeze, leaving an even higher proof alcohol behind. The alcohol in the drink will not freeze, since the freezing point of ethanol is -113 degrees C.
Here’s How Much Alcohol Is Actually In Moonshine
Photograph by Scott Olson for Getty Images You’re certainly familiar with moonshine, the deadly alcoholic beverage that became popular (and was manufactured illegally) during Prohibition. You might even be familiar with it as the booze that is powerful enough to operate a vehicle, due to the movieLawless – and moonshine can indeed start your automobile’s engine if it contains more than 75% alcohol by volume (also known as proof alcohol) (viaSlate). However, given all of the negative publicity surrounding its potentially lethal high alcohol level, it may come as a surprise to hear that moonshine is not only commonly available today, but it is also no more risky than other high-proof alcoholic beverages (viaWide Open Eats).
For example, Midnight Moon brand moonshine is available in a variety of alcohol by volume (ABV) levels ranging from 30 percent to 50 percent (via Midnight Moon).
It may be beneficial to acquire a little background knowledge about moonshine in order to have a better grasp of how this historically harmful alcoholic beverage earned its bad image.
The true dangers of moonshine
Shutterstock Moonshine was formerly used to refer to any alcoholic beverage that was illegally produced, but currently it is mainly used to refer to a specific spirit that is also known as white whiskey or corn whiskey. This is due to the fact that moonshine is often manufactured from cornmeal, sugar, yeast, and water that has been distilled, resulting in a clear alcoholic beverage that is easily distinguishable. In essence, this liquid is bourbon that has not been matured (it is the maturing process that imparts the deeper colour and characteristic taste of whiskey), and the proportion of alcohol in it can really vary significantly.
It’s no surprise that the substance caused drinkers to go blind and, in some cases, to die.
Fortunately, you can obtain the legal, safe type at most liquor stores, and you can be certain that what you’re drinking is no more risky than another high-proof liquor.
Proofing Moonshine: 2 Ways To Tell The Proof Of Your Moonshine
The process of determining the proof of your moonshine is one of the most thrilling elements of the distilling process. It is at this point that you will finally know just how potent your moonshine actually is. If you are successful in reaching your goal proof, you will receive some recognition and will be able to inform your friends about the potency of your booze. if you don’t quite make it, you’ll have to start all over again from the beginning.
Throughout this article, I’ll cover every aspect of proofing moonshine that you could need to know. Prior to answering a few frequently asked questions, I’ll describe what proof is and give two ways for ensuring that your evidence is correct.
What Is Proof?
Alcohol proof is a unit of measurement that indicates how much alcohol is present in a liquid. After being introduced in 16th-century England, when alcoholic beverages were taxed according to the amount of alcohol they contained, the phrase has stuck ever since. The tax collectors would make an attempt to set fire to the spirit they were experimenting with. If they were successful, it was deemed ‘above proof’ and taxed like alcoholic beverages. If it was able to withstand fire, it was considered to be “under proof.” In addition, the ‘gunpowder test’ was utilized.
- It’s possible that you predicted correctly that both tests were quite incorrect.
- The density of a liquid in comparison to the density of water is used to calculate its alcohol concentration.
- In the 1840s, the United States created its own technique for proofing alcoholic beverages..
- Related:What is a Thumper Keg?
ABV vs. Proof
The majority of spirits sold in stores today will be measured in alcohol by volume (ABV) rather than proof. In the United States, the proportion of alcohol by volume is twice the amount of alcohol proof. This indicates that an average bottle of 40 percent ABV moonshine will be 80 proof on a scale of 100 points.
2 Methods for Proofing Moonshine
Due to the fact that the first moonshiners did not have access to hydrometers, they were forced to depend on their own experience and expertise to evaluate the strength of each batch of moonshine. They would arrive at an accurate calculation of a spirit’s proof based on a variety of elements, including the wort’s brew time, the functioning of the still, and the quality of the components employed in its production. Expert distillers would also perform the’shake test’ to gauge the strength of their product.
Bubbles in Moonshine
The shake test consists of placing a little amount of moonshine in a mason jar and vigorously shaking the container. If the spirit has huge bubbles that dissipate fast, this indicates that the batch has a greater proof than usual. Having little bubbles in your spirit that vanish slowly indicates a lesser proof than you would expect. It is possible to do this test because alcohol molecules are both bigger and denser than water molecules. In other words, the distance between the atoms in an alcohol molecule is greater than the distance between the atoms in a water molecule.
- They float to the top of the bottle in a very short period of time.
- After a few shakes, the air bubbles will begin to fight with the water molecules for the opportunity to fill the vacant space around the alcohol molecules.
- The percentage of water in a high proof alcohol such as 150 proof would be around 25% and the percentage of alcohol would be 75%.
- This implies the bubbles will dissipate rapidly.
Using the shake test, they frequently utilize mason jars full of moonshine from previous batches to assess moonshine proof across different batches. Interesting Facts About Moonshine (also available in English)
2. How To Proof Moonshine Using A Hydrometer
In order to do the shake test, place some moonshine in a mason jar and vigorously shake the jar for several minutes. It is possible that the batch has a higher proof if the spirit has huge bubbles that vanish fast. A lesser proof is indicated by the presence of tiny bubbles that dissipate slowly in the spirit. This test is effective because alcohol molecules are both bigger and less dense than water molecules, resulting in a positive result. In other words, the distance between the atoms in an alcohol molecule is greater than the distance between the atoms in water.
It doesn’t take long for them to reach the top of the bottle and sink to the bottom.
After a few shakes, the air bubbles will begin to fight with the water molecules for the ability to fill the vacant space around the alcohol molecules.
The percentage of water in a high proof alcohol such as 150 proof would be around 25% and the percentage of alcohol would be approximately 75% Due to the large number of alcohol molecules present in the bottle, the air bubbles do not have to contend with the water as much when the bottle is shook.
Despite the fact that the bubbles test appears to be slightly imprecise, skilled moonshiners are highly accurate at detecting proof when utilizing this method of determination.
Interesting Facts About Moonshine (also available in PDF format).
- PROOFTRALLE TEST KIT OF HIGH QUALITY: Made in the United States and NIST traceable Hydrometer for alcohol (Made in the USA) with a reading range of 0-200 ProofTralles, which meets or exceeds the criteria specified by the National Institute of Standards and Technology. Infusion batch and tincture recipes, as well as other high alcohol content home distilling drinks for alcohol content measurement
- 0-200 PROOF scale for alcohol proofer testing spirits, high alcohol liquor, moonshine, corn whiskey, barrel aging dissipation, infusion batch and tincture recipes A HYDROMETER FOR TESTING THE MOONSHINE: Purchase the finest homebrew hydrometer and alcohol proofer for distillers – You can either float your new Brewing America proofing hydrometer for moonshine in your still parrot for your alcohol testing or draw your sample to gauge your grain liquor proof measurement in your new Brewing America borosilicate glass test cylinder to measure alcohol content in your new Brewing America borosilicate glass test cylinder, either way, you have what you need
- EVERYTHING YOU WILL REQUIRE: What’s included: One Made In America Brewing America Alcoholmeter (also called a Proof and Tralle Hydrometer for homebrew or spiritometer), One solid borosilicate Glass Test Tube Jar Cylinder, One sturdy Bottle Brush made of STAINLESS STEEL designed specifically for our very narrow test jar, One plastic storage tube, One foam filled, sturdy outer box. We also offer one microfiber cloth as well as our two-page instruction manual that includes a conversion table.
Moonshine distilleries are a subset of this category.
What Is The Highest Proof Moonshine
The maximum proof moonshine you can create with distillation will be 191 proof, according to the manufacturer (95.5 percent ABV). This is due to the fact that alcohol begins to absorb moisture from the air at concentrations more than 96 percent ABV, resulting in the dilution of your moonshine quickly. Remember that in most regions of the United States, it is illegal to distill moonshine beyond 160 proof (80 percent ABV), and it is also prohibited to bottle moonshine at a level higher than 125% ABV in most states (62.5 percent ABV).
Is 200 Proof Moonshine Possible?
It is not feasible to manufacture 200 proof moonshine only through the process of distillation. However, there are various methods for producing this pure of an alcohol, including the use of a molecular filter, which eliminates the final 5 percent of water from 191 proof moonshine. Pure ethanol is often produced by dehydrating 191 proof spirits and distilling the resulting product.
Moonshine Proof Range
There are no hard and fast guidelines when it comes to determining how strong the proof of moonshine should be. When Prohibition was in effect, bootleggers produced moonshine with proofs ranging from 63 to 190 percent alcohol by volume.
Most commercial moonshines, on the other hand, are between 60 and 120 proof (30 percent to 60 percent ABV). Flavored moonshine is often significantly lower in proof, ranging from 50 to 70 proof (25 percent to 35 percent ABV).
What Proof Is Moonshine Usually?
If you stroll into your local liquor store and take the first bottle of moonshine you see, it’s likely that it’s 80 percent alcohol by volume (40 percent ABV). Check out this article for more information: What is the best beginner moonshine still?
what percent alcohol is moonshine
Greetings, dear friends. Thank you for making us your first choice. Here at thesolsarinsite, we’ll be talking about “what percent alcohol is in moonshine” in this blog article. Please bear with us. Thank you for making your selection. moonshine has what percentage of alcohol?
Here’s How Much Alcohol Is Actually In Moonshine
You’re certainly familiar with moonshine, the deadly alcoholic beverage that became popular (and was manufactured illegally) during Prohibition. As a result of the movie Lawless, you may even be familiar with it as the alcohol that is powerful enough to power an automobile – and moonshine may truly start your car’s engine if it contains more than 75% alcohol by volume (via Slate). However, given all of the negative publicity surrounding its potentially lethal high alcohol level, it may come as a surprise to hear that moonshine is not only commonly available today, but it is also no more risky than other high-proof alcoholic beverages (via Wide Open Eats).
The amount of alcohol in moonshine…
However, in the United States, moonshine cannot be legally distilled to contain more than 80 percent alcohol by volume (ABV), nor can it be legally bottled with more than 62.5 percent alcohol by volume (ABV), and many are far lower than that. For example, Midnight Moon brand moonshine is available in a variety of alcohol by volume (ABV) levels ranging from 30 percent to 50 percent (via Midnight Moon). Keep in mind that vodka has a typical ABV of 40%, gin has a typical ABV of 35-55 percent, and Everclear has a typical ABV of 60-95 percent (via Alcohol Rehab Guide).
The true dangers of moonshine
During prohibition, uncontrolled moonshine had a dangerously high alcohol concentration (about 75 percent ABV), but it also included dangerously high levels of other hazardous ingredients.
7 Liquors You Should Be Drinking And 7 You Shouldn’t
In certain cases, the only thing you can do is guess (based on what, the lovely label?) and pray for the best outcome. Alternatively, you may reach for the same item you do every time. In addition, there are those huge misses that, no matter what you do, you don’t want to be associated with. Continue reading to find out which liquors you should absolutely be consuming, as well as which ones you should keep out of your liquor cabinet.
Do drink: Old Fitzgerald
You’ll receive a great bottle of Old Fitzgerald Bottled in Bond for the price of a bottom-shelf bottle if you get it from Bond. Several notes of honey, a hint of vanilla, and a lot of oak can be found in this blend.
Quick Answer: What Is The Percentage Of Alcohol In Moonshine?
190 proof is the minimum proof (or 75 percent alcohol by volume) required for optimal outcomes, with 150 proof (or 75 percent alcohol by volume) being the bare minimum.
For best results, use moonshine (in this case, illegal homemade whiskey).
Which alcohol has the most alcohol content?
10 alcoholic beverages that are so potent that they can knock out even the most manly among you
- In addition to Pincer Vodka (88.8 percent alcohol by volume), there is Balkan (176-88 percent alcohol by volume), Good ol’ Sailor Vodka (85 percent alcohol by volume), Sunset Rum (84 percent alcohol by volume), Devil Springs Vodka (80 percent alcohol by volume), and Bacardi 151 (75.5 percent alcohol by volume).
What alcohol is 92 proof?
Answer: Proof is defined as twice the amount of alcohol (ethanol) present in a given volume of water. For example, a whisky containing 50% alcohol is referred to as 100-proof whiskey. Anything with a proof of 120 would contain 60 percent alcohol, while anything with a proof of 80 would contain 40 percent alcohol.
Is there a drink that is 100 alcohol?
Spirit of Spirytus Delikatesowy, 192 proof (about $20). Although just four years old, this hazardous and renowned Polish vodka has already been recognized by the New York State Liquor Authority. It contains approximately 100 percent pure alcohol and is widely considered to be the strongest liquor available for purchase in the United States.
Does moonshine get you drunk?
It is 192 proof (about $20) Spirytus Delikatesowy. Although just four years old, this hazardous and renowned Polish vodka has already been certified by the New York State Liquor Authority. It contains approximately 100 percent pure alcohol and is widely considered to be the strongest liquor available for purchase in the United States today.
Can you make 200 proof alcohol? what percent alcohol is moonshine
- There is no such thing as 200 proof moonshine in the world of spirits. The highest concentration of ethanol that may be obtained by distillation is approximately 191 proof. The fact that alcohol “likes” water is demonstrated by the fact that at concentrations more than 95.6 percent, it collects water from the air until the solution contains 4.4 percent water.
200 proof moonshine does not exist in the world of distilled spirits. Using distillation, you may get a concentration of around 191 proof of ethanol. Drinking alcohol is a water-loving beverage, and at concentrations more than 95.6 percent, it will absorb water from the surrounding air until the solution contains 4.4 percent water.
Does moonshine get you drunk? what percent alcohol is moonshine
Moonshine has the same amount of alcohol as beer, wine, gin, and other alcoholic beverages. It doesn’t matter what poison you choose; it’s all the same drink. It is referred to as ethyl alcohol, or ethanol, and it will make you drunk–some more quickly than others. Unlike a 12 oz. bottle of beer, shots of Tequila are often consumed significantly more quickly.
Can you make 200 proof alcohol?
There is no such thing as 200 proof moonshine in the world of spirits. The highest concentration of ethanol that may be obtained by distillation is approximately 191 proof. The presence of water in alcohol makes it “like” water, and at concentrations more than 95.6 percent, it will absorb water from the air until the solution consists of 4.4 percent water.
How much alcohol can kill you?
The fatal dosage of alcohol is 5 to 8 grams per kilogram of body weight (3 grams per kilogram of body weight for children). 6 – that is, 300g of alcohol, which is equal to 30 standard drinks, may kill a 60kg individual if consumed in excess (about 1 litre of spirits or four bottles of wine).
How many beers equal a shot of whiskey? what percent alcohol is moonshine
“A 5-ounce glass of wine or a 1.5-ounce shot of whiskey have the same amount of alcohol as a 6-ounce glass of beer.” Although one ounce of beer contains less alcohol than one ounce of spirits, a 12-ounce serving of beer is considered a typical serving.
What alcohol is 200 proof?
Ethyl Alcohol is a kind of alcohol.
Is beer betterthan liquor?
Liquor that has been distilled has significantly more alcohol by volume than beer or wine.
It is designed to make you intoxicated more quickly and contains little else. If you are a beer drinker, black beer is healthier for you than lighter beers because it contains more antioxidants than lighter beers. If you are a wine drinker, dark wine is better for you than light wine.
How strong is moonshine?what percent alcohol is moonshine
There is nothing intrinsically harmful about moonshine — or, at the very least, nothing that makes it any more deadly than any other alcoholic beverage. Due to the fact that it has not been aged, it is merely an extremely powerful alcohol with a very harsh flavor, or “kick,” when it is created properly. It is typically quite powerful, with proof levels as high as 150 proof, or around 75% alcohol.
How To Proof Moonshine? Step By Step Instructions
Canva.com – Affiliate disclosure: Homebrewadvice recommends items based on independent research, but we may receive a compensation if you make a purchase after clicking on one of the affiliate links on this page. As you are most likely aware, moonshine is a handmade, unaged alcoholic beverage that is traditionally created from a foundation of cornmeal, sugar, water, and yeast, among other ingredients. Despite the fact that there are many distinct formulas, moonshine is commonly classified as a rum-whiskey blend.
- Its origins may be traced all the way back to Prohibition.
- If you do not have all of the necessary tools, this procedure may be incredibly tough.
- While going through this procedure, many individuals become perplexed as to the best way to prove moonshine, which is one of the most important processes in producing decent whiskey that is smooth and full of flavor.
- The solution is far more straightforward than you may expect, assuming that you have the appropriate tools at your disposal.
What Proof is Moonshine Usually?
Moonshine has a reputation for being extremely powerful, and it is also recognized for having a strong “kick” to it because to this. When it comes to the proof of moonshine, the amount normally falls between 150 and 200 proof, which is around 75 percent alcohol by volume. This statistic is subject to change and is dependent on a variety of factors. The alcohol content of corn whiskey in the United States is capped at 62.5 percent for legal distribution, and it must be distilled to no more than 80 percent ABV, or 160 proof.Moonshine veterans can tell the proof of their moonshine by simply observing the bubbles that form after shaking a jar of moonshine.
A hydrometer is a tool that is accurate, dependable, and very necessary when it comes to moonshining.
How Do You Get High Proof Moonshine?
It’s time to distill your product once you’ve finished making your mash and letting it ferment for a couple of weeks in a cool place.
The method of distillation is used to separate the alcohol from the other components of the mixture. As a result, the alcohol in the separated liquid is concentrated.
Understanding the distillation process: the key to get higher proof moonshine
- Ethanol is the alcohol that has been isolated from the water. A lower temperature is required to reach boiling point for pure ethanol, whereas a higher temperature is required for water to reach boiling point. As a result, in the process of making moonshine, the wash must be heated to a temperature of between 172 degrees and 212 degrees Fahrenheit before it begins to boil. Ethanol boils and condenses into a vapor at this point. In order to collect the ethanol, it is necessary to condense the vapor and put it back into a liquid
- This is done by collecting the ethanol rising.
This is the final phase in the production of moonshine, and it is critical in the production of high proof moonshine.
How to Proof Moonshine with Hydrometer (Step by Step)
A hydrometer is an instrument that is used to determine whether or not a liquid contains any alcohol by volume. A hydrometer is a device that measures the density of a liquid in comparison to the density of water. It may also be used to determine the amount of alcohol present in a liquid. There are two sorts of hydrometers: proofing hydrometers and brewing hydrometers. A brewing hydrometer, also known as a spirit hydrometer, is used in the distillation process to measure the final alcohol level.
Proofing Moonshine in 4 Easy Steps:
- You will need a hydrometer and a copper moonshine parrot to correctly prove your moonshine in order to achieve the greatest results. Insert the hydrometer into the parrot’s beak. When the moonshine has completely filled the parrot, the hydrometer will begin to float. Using the hydrometer, you will be able to determine the proof of the liquid that comes out of the moonshine still.
Knowing the proof of your moonshine makes it easier to keep track of your production. As vital as this is for diluting and proofreading, it is equally critical for making cuts throughout a run. TIP: Keeping track of prior runs can benefit in the preparation of future runs, as knowing the temperature and proof of the liquid can aid in the preparation of future runs. Also see the best hydrometers (Top 5 Compared)
Can You Make 200 Proof Alcohol?
Unfortunately, distillation does not allow for the production of 200 proof alcoholic beverages. 200 proof indicates that the liquid contains 100 percent ethanol, whereas 190 proof indicates that the liquid contains 95 percent ethanol and the remaining 5 percent is water. The Everclear brand of vodka has the highest proof available on the market, at 190 percent. The purity of alcohol can only be increased by increasing the proof, which makes it more volatile and vulnerable to being impacted by the surrounding environment.
However, the heart of the problem is that, once exposed to air, the liquid absorbs moisture from the surrounding environment, resulting in a 95 percent ethanol concentration.
This indicates that the combination contains two or more liquids, the proportions of which cannot be changed by simple distillation alone.
Even if a pot of ethanol is cooked until the last drop of liquid is evaporated, the ethanol concentration is restricted to 95.57 percent.
What is a Hydrometer and How to Use It
When it comes to homebrewing, a hydrometer is an absolutely necessary equipment. This equipment will be able to determine the quantity of alcohol by volume (ABV) present in your drink by measuring the amount of sugar present in it, as described above.
Throughout the fermentation process, you should monitor the sugar conversion to alcohol using your hydrometer to check that it is occurring. Also see the best hydrometers (Top 5 Compared)
– Run a test before your first batch
Many individuals choose to use a trial jar to test their liquid before using a hydrometer on it. A trial jar is a 200mm long jar made of transparent plastic that is 200mm in diameter. Simple, fill the jar with the liquid till it reaches around 35mm from the top of the container and place your hydrometer into it. The Specific Gravity (SG) of the solution may be determined from the lowest two levels of the test jar’s side. Take a look at: What is the definition of Specific Gravity? Despite the fact that most people rely on the hydrometer as a reference, it is possible to obtain reliable readings to determine ABV.
Calculating ABV is as follows: subtract the beginning gravity from the finish gravity and divide the result by 7.362.
– When to use a hydrometer?
Many individuals like to test their liquid in a sample jar before using their hydrometer. A trial jar is a 200mm-long jar made of transparent plastic that is 200mm in height and diameter. Place your hydrometer in an empty jar that has been filled with liquid up to about 35mm from the top of the container’s neck. It is possible to read the Specific Gravity (SG) from the lowest two levels of the test jar’s side. Please have a look at these resources: I’m not sure what Specific Gravity is, exactly.
Use a hydrometer in liquid with a temperature of 20°C or above to obtain the most accurate reading possible.
Why Alcohol Content is Measured in Proof?
Proof measurement differs from one country to the next. The word “proof” was initially used in 16th-century England to refer to liquor that had a larger proportion of alcohol in order to tax it more heavily. While contemporary times have brought along new technology that make it possible to quickly determine the alcohol concentration of liquor, this is a significant departure from the way it was done in the past. The alcohol content of a rifle pellet was previously measured by soaking it in alcohol and seeing if it ignited.
However, there were some flaws with this procedure, as it was not the most precise way available.
Proof spirits were determined using this proving procedure, which was standardized.
ABV vs. Proof
Proof is the unit of measurement for alcohol concentration.
Things may become confused, though, because each bottle will have a different number on it at different times.
– Understanding ABV
ABV is an abbreviation that stands for alcohol by volume. This represents the amount of alcohol present in the liquid. ABV (alcohol by volume) is a standard measure of alcohol strength that is used across the world.
– Understanding Proof
Proof is different from alcohol by volume (ABV) in that the formula to measure proof is two times the amount of alcohol by volume. In the case of vodka, the proof is 90 percent if the vodka is 45 percent ABC.
While manufacturing moonshine has been done successfully for many years, getting it exactly right may be a frightening and tough effort. However, being prepared with the necessary instruments and the relevant information will tremendously assist the process and provide the greatest results. Making moonshine necessitates a combination of science and creativity in order to produce a potent batch of corn whiskey that is both sweet and smooth. With enough experience, you will be able to produce the ideal batch every time.
What Is Moonshine
Is distilling something you are passionate about, and do you wish to sell your products in a variety of markets? You could only want to learn the basics of home distillation if that’s all you want to do. In any scenario, it’s critical to understand the legality of moonshine as well as its alcohol by volume (ABV). The percentage of a drink’s volume that is pure alcohol is referred to as its alcohol by volume, orABV. This number represents the amount of alcohol in a drink and is used in part for the preparation of popular cocktails as well as the comparison of different types of alcohol.
Moonshine is a high-proof liquor that is manufactured illegally and without the permission of the government. According to tradition, it has been illegally distilled during the night in order to escape being found by law enforcement officials. Moonshine is distinguished by its extremely high alcohol concentration and the fact that it is distilled in a variety of handcrafted, ramshackle stills that are typically located in the forests or mountains. During the Prohibition era, moonshine became extremely popular, and both organized and disorganized criminals were involved in its production.
What Is Moonshine Made From?
Moonshine may be created from any grain or fruit, although maize is the most widely used grain in the production of moonshine. In fact, because the vast majority of individuals who distill their own spirits are farmers or live in rural regions, they tend to use whatever crops they have in excess to produce the spirits that they distill into moonshine. Due to its availability and the fact that it is a strong source of fermentable sugar, corn is frequently used as a grain for baking.
Moonshine Alcohol Percentage | Moonshine Proof
Moonshine typically has an alcohol by volume (ABV) of 40 percent, although it can sometimes have an ABV of 60 percent to 80 percent. The percentage of alcohol in a drink may be converted to proof by multiplying it by two. As a result, 40% ABV is equal to 80 proof. The distillation process is critical in determining the amount of alcohol present in a spirit. Due to the fact that moonshine is frequently produced by unskilled hands, the alcohol concentration can fluctuate widely and possibly come out at an unhealthy level.
The amount of alcohol in a beverage impacts the freezing point of the beverage, how it affects you when you consume it, and other factors. For those that distill, we strongly advise investing in a hydrometer, which may be used to calculate the alcohol by volume (ABV) of your spirit.
Because moonshine may be made from practically any grain or fruit, the flavors can be as diverse as the ingredients used to make it. Here are some of the most popular flavors of moonshine to try:
- Blackberry. Blackberry is a popular moonshine flavor that lends just the right amount of sweetness to the normally severe burn of moonshine whiskey. When it comes to flavor, it’s neither too strong nor too weak to get the job done well. Whether you’re making spring drinks or summer cocktails with moonshine, peppermint is a flavor that you should explore. Peppermint moonshine is a refreshing addition to your favorite winter beverage, and it is a terrific choice for winter drinks. Known for its crisp and invigorating flavor that puts eggnog to shame, peppermint moonshine is a popular choice
- Cherry moonshine is another popular choice. Cherry is a fruit that is sometimes ignored, but it is an excellent choice for moonshine because the acidity of the fruit is a good compliment to the alcoholic bite. Continue to store the cherries in their container for the extra enjoyment of eating laced cherries later on. Apple is the epitome of a win-win situation. Apple moonshine is one of the most popular varieties of moonshine because it elevates apple cider to a whole new level. Even better, because there are so many distinct apple varieties available on the market, you can purchase a range of flavors ranging from sweet to sour. Vanilla is also a fantastic mixer for fall drinks, as well as a refreshing drink for your spooky Halloween gatherings. Vanilla is the last flavor of moonshine that we urge you check out. Consider this to be similar to a dessert wine due to the fact that the beverage can be fairly sweet. However, because of this, it is an excellent choice for gatherings and for mixing with a homemade mixer. Indeed, it is a very adaptable alternative.
Is Moonshine Legal | Why Is Moonshine Illegal
It is prohibited in the United States to manufacture moonshine (or any other spirit) without obtaining a licence or license. There are, however, a few distillers who have turned to producing legal “moonshine” with the authorization of the government in recent years. In reality, the majority of people believe that they are only using the word “moonshine” as a brand or restaurant marketing tactic to enhance sales because what they are truly distilling is a clear alcoholic beverage. Moonshine is a term that refers to a spirit that has been unlawfully distilled.
Is Making Moonshine Illegal?
Yes, if you create moonshine without the right permits, you are committing a criminal offense. According to the information provided above, you can get permissions and licenses in order to distill and sell your own clear alcohol. Just make certain that you follow all of the procedures and have all of the necessary papers before beginning the process. Don’t launch an internet liquor company just to have it shut down by the authorities because you didn’t follow the rules.
Frequently Asked Questions About Moonshine
Over the course of thousands of years, people have been distilling their own alcohol, and moonshine holds a particular position in American popular culture. However, this also means that there are a lot of misunderstandings about moonshine, which leads to a lot of people having questions about the beverage. The following information is for anyone who still has questions about moonshine or is interested in learning more about it for the first time. We did the research for you and found the answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding moonshine.
What Type of Alcohol Is Moonshine?
The majority of specialists agree that moonshine is a type of homebrew whiskey that has not been matured. Because of the clear hue, this may come as a surprise, but the distillation method and the components utilized are clear indications that it is whiskey.
Is Moonshine 100 Percent Alcohol?
No, moonshine does not contain 100 percent ethanol. In general, the alcohol level of moonshine ranges between 40 and 80 percent by volume, although the length of time spent distilling it and the procedure utilized will have an influence on the amount of alcohol present. It’s crucial to remember that consuming alcohol with a high alcohol content can have serious consequences for the human body, and that consuming 100 percent alcohol is quite risky.
Can You Buy Moonshine?
Yes, there are certain commercial moonshines that may be purchased for a price. Moonshine purists, on the other hand, do not regard these beverages to be “authentic” moonshine because the alcohol concentration is lower and they are not always produced in the same manner as traditional moonshine.
Moonshine Bright Like A Diamond
Moonshine is a traditional American beverage that is shrouded in mystery. A vast range of alternatives are available to you, whether you’re distilling your own or purchasing moonshine on the open market. We propose that you put in place an inventory management system such as BinWise Pro to help you manage your inventory. A comprehensive inventory management system that helps you manage your wine program more efficiently and successfully, BinWise Pro is a must-have for every wine enthusiast. It maintains track of the expiration dates and shelf life of each individual bottle.
Please get in touch with us to learn more about BinWise Pro and how it might benefit your establishment. The information contained in this post is intended solely for educational reasons, and BinWise does not advocate supporting the unlawful distillation of moonshine or any other alcoholic drinks.
What Is Moonshine & Why Is It Illegal? How To Drink Moonshine
What Exactly Is Moonshine? What Makes It Illegal in the First Place? How to Prepare and Consume Moonshine Charles-Philippe 2020-12-08T09:15:08-05:00
Learn All About Moonshine With Bespoke Unit
Take a look at the top moonshine brands.
What Is Moonshine?
Moonshine is most often recognized as a slang phrase that refers to powerful alcoholic spirits that are illegally produced. As a result, it is commonly connected with bootleggers during the Prohibition era in the United States of America. Moonshine is still used to denote illicit homemade alcohol, although reputable distilleries may frequently sell products that are labeled as moonshine in order to attract customers. Officially, the United States government considers moonshine to be a “fanciful phrase” and does not regulate its production or use.
The goal for some moonshine producers will be to recreate the clear, high-proof homemade booze that was popular during the Prohibition period.
Why Is Moonshine Illegal?
Distilling alcohol at home is not only allowed in certain areas of the world, but it is also regarded as a cultural tradition in others. In fact, some historians say that distillation is a vital sign of the development of civilizations throughout history. Distilling, on the other hand, is against the law in the United States and much of Europe. There are a variety of reasons why governments prefer to prohibit its citizens from manufacturing their own alcoholic beverages at home. In fact, in many nations, even the act of purchasing or owning any form of still is prohibited.
- People might quickly become ill, become blind, or even die as a result of consuming alcoholic spirits that have been improperly prepared.
- Additionally, distillation may be a harmful procedure when carried out incorrectly.
- Finally, taxes is a crucial consideration, which many proponents of home distilling claim is the root cause of the practice’s illegality in the first place.
- Once upon a time, peasants would distill their excess crop residues for the purpose of earning a little more money for the winter.
- For example, there are brandies made from grape pomace, such as grappa, that are made from the leftovers from winemaking.
It goes without saying that selling these items would frequently put the local tax offices in a bad light. As a result, licenses ensure that manufacturers will be required to pay taxes on the goods they make.
Although moonshine is commonly linked with the Prohibition era, it has a far longer history than that of the 1920s. Indeed, the name is British in origin, having been coined in 1785 to refer to alcoholic beverages. According to legend, the term was chosen because of the possibility of hallucinogenic side-effects from the alcohol’s impurities. Moonshine, on the other hand, is known by a variety of different names, including hooch, white lightning, and mash liquor, among others. A number of components were used to make different varieties of moonshine by various cultures throughout history.
- While illicit alcohol manufacturing was rather frequent, it did not become well known until the passage of the aforementioned Revenue Act, which was passed in 1862.
- Despite crackdowns, its manufacturing grew particularly concentrated in the East-Coast Appalachia region, where it was easier to escape authorities than in other regions.
- Prior to Prohibition, spirits accounted for less than 40% of all alcoholic beverages consumed in the United States.
- Bootleggers who smuggled alcoholic beverages discovered that transporting spirits was significantly more profitable than transporting wine or beer.
- As a result, it resulted in a shift in the products that were offered on the market.
In the late nineteenth century, the majority of moonshine produced in the United States was delivered by horse and cart. The emergence of the vehicle, on the other hand, marked a significant shift in the dynamic. The moonshine was carried to its different locations by bootleggers or runners once it had been manufactured and packaged. The runs, like the manufacture itself, took occurred at night, and the smugglers began to use automobiles in order to evade the cops as rapidly as possible. As officials began to modernize their automobiles, bootleggers quickly followed suit and began to alter their own vehicles.
- The automobiles were also equipped with strong engines that allowed them to outpace the authorities, as well as enhanced handling.
- Although it was critical that the automobiles be completely unnoticeable from the outside in order to avoid arousing suspicion, this was not always possible.
- Despite the fact that Prohibition came to an end in 1933, illicit moonshine enterprises continued to operate in order to escape new taxes.
- Stock car races gained popularity in the 1940s, and as a result, bootleggers found themselves with less employment, which finally led to the formation of the National Association of Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR).
The tie between NASCAR and moonshine can still be observed today, with to companies like asSugarlands, which frequently work with one another during racing competitions.
How Does Moonshine Taste?
Because of a lack of regulation and standardization, there is a wide range of legal moonshine available to consumers. As a result, they can all produce flavors that are quite distinct from one another. Some argue that a high-quality traditional moonshine should have a strong aroma of maize on the nose and on the taste in order to be considered authentic. It is possible that it will have slightly fruity flavors that are reminiscent of cider or perhaps grappa from time to time. Other types of moonshine, depending on how it was distilled and the resulting alcohol percentage, may have a flavor that is similar to vodka.
- This results in a high concentration of potency and a significant amount of alcohol bloom.
- Apple pie moonshine is a popular variation, which is prepared by blending the distillate with cider or apple juice, as well as sugar and spices such as cinnamon, to create a syrup.
- Some of them may contain fragments of fruit that have been kept in the alcohol, although this is not common.
- Typically, they contain roughly 20 percent alcohol by volume (ABV) or somewhat more.
How To Properly Drink Moonshine
Because of a lack of regulation and standardization, there is a wide range of legal moonshine available to purchase. Therefore, they are all capable of producing flavors that are vastly distinct. On the scent and on the taste, a high-quality traditional moonshine should, in my opinion, have a robust bouquet of maize flavor. Sometimes it has somewhat fruity flavors that are reminiscent of cider or even grappa, which is a nice change of pace. Based on the method of distillation and the amount of alcohol present, several forms of moonshine may have a flavor similar to vodka.
The end product is generally fairly strong, with a significant amount of alcohol blooming on the surface.
Moonshine derived from apples is known as apple pie moonshine, and it is made by blending the distillate with apple cider or apple juice, sugar, and spices such as cinnamon.
Some of them may contain fragments of fruit that have been kept in the alcohol, although this is rare.
Most of the time, they contain roughly 20 percent alcohol by volume (ABV). Given their sweetness, they are frequently more enjoyable on their own, although they may also be used in cocktails as a mixer or garnish.
Similar DrinksMoonshine Substitutes
As we discussed above, there are many distinct kinds of moonshine available for purchase. As a result, you’ll most likely have a variety of alternatives for combining it with other beverages when ordering it. For starters, clear moonshine occasionally has a faint similarity to vodka in appearance. As a result, if a drink calls for one ingredient, you may substitute the other. Because moonshine has more flavor and clout than regular whiskey, the end outcome may be slightly different. It is likely that grappa bianca is the ideal choice for you because it has a comparable amount of personality as moonshine.
Gin is another possible substitution, although it does have a distinct juniper flavor, which can alter the outcome of the experiment.
Although both have strong herbal flavors, keep this in mind when experimenting with different recipes and combinations.
Fruit juice may be combined with a beverage such as vodka at any time.
What Are The Benefits Of Drinking Moonshine?
However, moonshine is not one of the historical alcoholic spirits that were initially designed to provide herbal advantages, as is claimed by many other historical alcoholic spirits. Despite the fact that it may help with digestion, it will not be as effective as brandies such as cognac and grappa. Indeed, moonshine is typically made from maize and is known for being quite harmful. However, it is probable that the majority of the historical allegations made against it were manufactured in an attempt to put a halt to illicit manufacturing.
Gluten, Carbs,Calories In Moonshine
However, moonshine is not one of the ancient alcoholic spirits that were initially manufactured to provide herbal advantages, as has been claimed in many other cases. It may be beneficial in the digestive process, although not to the extent that brandies such as cognac and grappa are. Indeed, moonshine is often made from maize and is widely considered to be harmful to the consumer. However, it is possible that the majority of the historical allegations made against it were made in an attempt to put a halt to the illicit manufacturing of cigarettes.
Now that you’ve finished reading our introduction to moonshine, let’s go a little deeper and discover even more!
- What are the best moonshine cocktails? What are the best moonshine brands? How does moonshine get made? Armagnac Guide
- Cognac Guide
- Best SpiritLiquor Glassware
- Alcoholic Spirit Homepage
- Armagnac Guide
Spam is reduced on this website by the usage of Akismet. Learn more about how your comment data is handled.
How to Drink Moonshine
It is used to reduce spam on this site. Take a look at how your comments are handled.
- Combine moonshine with cola for a traditional concoction of flavors. Due to the fact that moonshine is a type of whiskey, you may simply create one of the most popular and delicious alcoholic beverages on the market. Fill a large glass halfway with ice and serve immediately. Pour in two shots of moonshine and twelve ounces (335 milliliters) of cola over ice to create a refreshing cocktail.
- The flavor of distilled maize gives certain moonshines a cola taste, which can make for an even sweeter drink
- However, some moonshines do not have this flavor.
2For a boozy drink, combine a can of light beer and a shot of moonshine in a shaker. 1 shot of moonshine should be added to the bottom of a glass. Pour 12 oz (350 ML) of the beer into the glass, and then pick a lager or a light ale to drink it with. You may serve it with ice if you want it to be colder, or you can drink it straight up. In the summer, combine a lemon or blueberry-flavored moonshine with any light beer for a delicious, fizzy cocktail that is exceptionally refreshing and bubbly.
Fill a highball glass halfway with ice and add a shot of any kind of moonshine.
Then, over the ice, add 12 oz (335 mL) of ginger ale into the glass and stir well. Check the taste of the drink to determine whether it’s okay, and if it isn’t, add additional ginger ale until you achieve the desired flavor.
- If you wish to produce a non-alcoholic ginger ale rather than a ginger beer, you should always use non-alcoholic ginger ale rather than ginger beer. The alcohol in ginger beer can actually enhance the flavor of moonshine by making it taste more potent.
4 Prepare a Tennessee-style iced tea by combining moonshine, iced tea, and lemonade in a pitcher. To prepare an Arnold Palmer, combine equal parts iced tea and lemonade in a mixing glass. Then, in a glass filled with ice, blend it with 1 part moonshine to make a cocktail. Make care to fully mix the ingredients together to ensure that they are evenly distributed.
- 4 Combine moonshine, iced tea, and lemonade to make Tennessee-style iced tea. In order to prepare an Arnold Palmer, mix equal amounts iced tea and lemonade. Then, in a glass filled with ice, blend 1 part gin with 1 part moonshine. Make careful to fully mix the ingredients together to ensure that they are evenly distributed throughout.
- 1 Drink plenty of water after you consume moonshine to keep your body hydrated. The use of alcohol, particularly high-proof alcohol such as moonshine, might dehydrate you. Drink plenty of water in between each alcoholic beverage, even if you have a lot of whiskey. After you’ve finished your moonshine beverage, drink a full glass of water before proceeding to the next.
- Even if you don’t like for the taste of plain water, you can try drinking flavored water such as coconut water or a flavored sports drink.
What If I Told You? “Ya dong” is the name given to traditional herbal moonshine produced in Thailand. A little glass of water, a piece of fruit, and a few pickled olives are included with each order of shots of ya dong. 2 Pickle juice should be consumed after drinking moonshine to alleviate the burning sensation. Straight moonshine has a strong alcohol flavor that can cause your throat to burn even after a tiny amount is consumed. Preserve a glass of pickle juice handy so that you may drink a little bit of it after each drink of moonshine to help alleviate the scorching sensation.
- Because of the salinity of the pickle juice, it might be especially beneficial if you don’t drink whiskey because it helps to reduce the burn caused by the alcohol. It is permissible to use any type of pickle juice or brine that you have on hand.
3 Drink in lower quantities to avoid a dreadful hangover. Depending on the type of moonshine you’re drinking, it may include trace levels of substances that, if consumed in high numbers, can be hazardous. Even in modest doses, they can produce excruciating headaches and other symptoms of pain. To avoid this, create “half shots” of moonshine or simply take modest sips from your glass to keep yourself from getting too tipsy too quickly.
- To avoid a dreaded hangover, pour lesser portions of your drinks. Depending on the type of moonshine you’re drinking, it may include trace levels of substances that, if consumed in high numbers, can be detrimental to you. Even in modest doses, they can produce excruciating headaches and other symptoms of distress. Pouring “half shots” of moonshine or taking modest sips from your glass can help to avoid this from happening.
Create a new question
- Question Is it possible to drink moonshine straight? This answer was written by a member of our highly trained team of researchers, who then double-checked it for correctness and comprehensiveness before posting it. QuestionDo you like your moonshine warm or cold? wikiHow Staff EditorStaff Answer
- QuestionDo you prefer your moonshine warm or cold? This answer was written by a member of our highly trained team of researchers, who then double-checked it for correctness and comprehensiveness before posting it. wikiHow Staff Editors and Staff Members Answer Contribute to wikiHow by unlocking this answer that has been investigated by the wikiHow crew. It all depends on your own choice and the sort of drink you’re having. As an example, you may enjoy a glass of pure moonshine served at room temperature. Alternately, you may reheat up some apple pie moonshine for a warming, soothing drink on a chilly fall or winter evening. You can also make a chilled cocktail out of it by mixing it with ginger ale or iced tea. Question Is it necessary to keep moonshine refrigerated? This answer was written by a member of our highly trained team of researchers, who then double-checked it for correctness and comprehensiveness before posting it. Editors and staff of wikiHow provide an answer.
Inquire about something There are 200 characters remaining. Include your email address so that you may be notified when this question has been resolved. SubmitAdvertisement
- Because moonshine is so potent, it is quite simple to become intoxicated from it very fast. If you’re drinking moonshine, try to keep your intake to no more than one drink each hour.
Thank you for submitting a suggestion for consideration! Advertisement
- If you buy moonshine from an uncertified distiller, you have no way of knowing what is in the alcohol.
About This Article
Summary of the Article X Moonshine is a whiskey drink that may be consumed straight up with a chaser or used to create a cocktail with other ingredients. If you prefer to drink it straight without a chaser, sip pickle juice after your shot of moonshine to alleviate the burning feeling caused by the alcohol in your mouth. As an alternative, combine moonshine and cola to create a traditional, refreshing cocktail. An exceptionally strong drink may be made by mixing a shot of moonshine with an entire can of light lager.
Continue reading to find out how to remain hydrated when drinking moonshine!
Thank you to all writers for contributing to this page, which has been read 47,611 times so far.