How do you make homemade cough syrup?
- Homemade Cough Syrup Instructions Ingredients: Step one: peel a two-inch piece of ginger. Step two: grate ginger with a fine grater and place grated ginger into the strainer to juice. Step three: press ginger into strainer and fill a half teaspoon with the juice. Step four: mix ginger juice and a teaspoon honey together until well blended.
- 1 Does alcohol help cough?
- 2 How do you make medical syrup?
- 3 What is a natural remedy for a chest cough?
- 4 What liquor is good for a cough?
- 5 Will a shot of whiskey help a cough?
- 6 Which whiskey is best for cough?
- 7 What is a medicinal syrup?
- 8 How do you preserve a decoction?
- 9 How do you make stable syrup for shelves?
- 10 What naturally kills mucus?
- 11 How do you get rid of a cough in 5 minutes?
- 12 How do you get rid of a mucus cough fast?
- 13 Grandma’s Homemade Cough Syrup
- 14 Ingredients
- 15 Instructions
- 16 Notes
- 17 Homemade Cough Syrup
- 18 All Natural Ingredients
- 19 Homemade cough syrup video
- 20 Home remedy for cough
- 21 What if you have a sore throat?
- 22 How do you store homemade cough syrup?
- 23 Whiskey Honey Lemon Cough Syrup
- 24 3 Ingredients needed to make Whiskey Honey Lemon Cough Syrup
- 25 Alcohol and Proof
- 26 How does Whiskey help with a cold and cough?
- 27 Honey for Throat pain and Cough
- 28 Lemon juice for a boost of Vitamin C
- 29 Standard dosage of Whiskey Honey Lemon Cough Syrup
- 30 Kid Friendly Version of Homemade cough syrup
- 31 How to store your Homemade Cough Syrup
- 32 Stay Well and Take Care
- 33 Exclusions
- 34 Medicinal Moonshine to cure coughs
- 35 Hot Toddy Recipe for Cold (How to Make a Hot Toddy VIDEO)
- 36 Hot Toddy
- 37 Is a Hot Toddy a good cold remedy?
- 38 How to make a Hot Toddy
- 39 Best Cold Remedy
- 40 Hot Toddy without Whiskey
- 41 Moonshine Cough Syrup With Peppermint Recipes with ingredients,nutritions,instructions and related recipes
- 22.214.171.124 HOMEMADE COUGH SYRUP RECIPE – DIVAS CAN COOK
- 126.96.36.199 GRANDMA MARTHA’S HOMEMADE COUGH SYRUP | CLASH OF THE.
- 188.8.131.52 MEDICINAL MOONSHINE TO CURE COUGHS – SURVIVALPUNK
- 184.108.40.206 HOMEMADE COUGH SYRUP (NATURAL COUGH MEDICINE) | GOOD LIFE EATS
- 220.127.116.11 GRANDMA’S HOMEMADE COUGH SYRUP — KATRINA RUNS FOR …
- 18.104.22.168 PEPPERMINT WHISKEY COUGH MEDICINE | WHERE FLOURS BLOOM
- 22.214.171.124 PAWPAW GARRETT’S HOMEMADE COUGH SYRUP MADE IN AMERICA
- 126.96.36.199 6 HOMEMADE COUGH SYRUP RECIPES
- 188.8.131.52 MEDICINAL MOONSHINE TO CURE COUGHS | SURVIVAL SHERPA
- 184.108.40.206 PEPPERMINT MOONSHINE IS A FUN HOLIDAY DIY INFUSED …
- 220.127.116.11 POPCORN SUTTON’S RECIPE FOR A COLD REMEDY PROVES VALID.
- 18.104.22.168 HOMEMADE COUGH SYRUP – DR. AXE
- 22.214.171.124 POPCORN SUTTON ‘S COUGH SYRUP RECIPE, MOONSHINE …
- 126.96.36.199 PEPPERMINT MOONSHINE COUGH SYRUP – PINTEREST.COM
- 188.8.131.52 HOMEMADE COUGH SYRUP RECIPE – THE SIMPLE HOMEMAKER
- 184.108.40.206 MOONSHINE COUGH SYRUP RECIPE – MEDICINAL MOONSHINE TO CURE.
- 220.127.116.11 WHISKEY MINT COUGH SYRUP – LAURELBLACKMORRIS.COM
- 18.104.22.168 MOONSHINE COUGH SYRUP RECIPE | DANDK ORGANIZER
- 22.214.171.124 √ WHISKEY COUGH SYRUP HOMEMADE
- 126.96.36.199 MOONSHINE COUGH SYRUP RECIPE | BESTO BLOG
- 188.8.131.52 PEPPERMINT WHISKEY COUGH MEDICINE – PINTEREST
- 42 Jimmy’s Homemade Cough Syrup
- 43 Homemade Bourbon Cough Syrup
- 44 Why Apple Cider Vinegar?
- 45 Why Use Raw Honey?
- 46 Why Add Bourbon to Homemade Cough Syrup?
- 47 How to Make Homemade Bourbon Cough Syrup
- 48 Bourbon Cough Syrup
- 49 Grandma Barb’s Homemade Cough Syrup…That works!!
- 50 6 Homemade Cough Syrups
- 51 DO-IT-YOURSELF COUGH REMEMDIES
- 52 Honey, LemonHorehound
- 53 Rock Candy, Lemon JuiceWhisky
- 54 Lemon Juice, HoneyCayenne Pepper
- 55 HoneyOnion
- 56 HoneyLemon
- 57 HoneyCloves
Does alcohol help cough?
It’s whiskey, and here’s why science says it’s good for your cough. A Carnegie Mellon study showed that moderate drinkers had increased resistence to viral infections. While booze won’t heal you, small amounts of liquor can help relieve the symptoms of sore throats, muscle pain, congestion and sleeplessness (duh).
How do you make medical syrup?
Combine an herb or herb blend with water in a pot, using 2 ounces of herb per quart of water. Set the pot over low heat, bring to a simmer, cover partially, and simmer the liquid down to about half the original volume. Strain the herbs from the liquid (compost the spent herbs).
What is a natural remedy for a chest cough?
In addition to cough medicines, you can try these natural alternatives at home, which may help relieve your chesty cough.
- Hydration. Keeping your fluids up while you have a cough or cold will help your body function at its best.
- Ivy leaf.
- Herbal tea.
- Salt water gargle.
- Air humidifiers.
What liquor is good for a cough?
Whiskey is an effective decongestant. The alcohol dilates the blood vessels. The steam from the hot beverages works with the decongestant benefits of the alcohol and makes it easier for the mucus membranes to deal with nasal congestion. Whiskey can also relieve aching muscles and soothe a sore throat.
Will a shot of whiskey help a cough?
Whiskey is a great decongestant, and it helps soothe any pain associated with your head cold. Hot liquids of any kind are a good way to soothe a sore throat. Honey and lemon help soothe a cough and any congestion.
Which whiskey is best for cough?
White Whisky and Orange Juice White Whisky can clear up your sinuses in a jiffy, and it just so happens that it goes great with vitamin C stuffed orange juice. Together, it’s a combination that obviously won’t cure you, but it’ll relieve a lot of the symptoms.
What is a medicinal syrup?
A liquid preparation of medicinal or flavoring substances in a concentrated aqueous solution of a sugar, usually sucrose; when the syrup contains a medicinal substance, it is termed a medicated syrup.
How do you preserve a decoction?
There are several different ways to preserve your herb harvest, regardless if you harvest with the sun god in mind or not! Think about how you might want to savor that particular herbs flavor or healing properties in the future, and use a method of herb preserving that makes the most sense.
How do you make stable syrup for shelves?
A syrup can be made shelf stable by reaching the appropriate water activity. Generally, using 2:1 sugar to water is considered sufficient to give you a safe level of water activity of around 0.86, with the only risk being molds, which are luckily visible.
What naturally kills mucus?
Home remedies for mucus in the chest
- Warm fluids. Hot beverages can provide immediate and sustained relief from a mucus buildup in the chest.
- Steam. Keeping the air moist can loosen mucus and reduce congestion and coughing.
- Foods and herbs.
- Essential oils.
- Elevate the head.
- N-acetylcysteine (NAC)
How do you get rid of a cough in 5 minutes?
How to Get Rid of a Cough in 5 Minutes
- Gargle with Saltwater.
- Breathing Exercises.
- Stay Hydrated.
- Invest in a Humidifier.
- Keep the Air Clean.
How do you get rid of a mucus cough fast?
How to get rid of phlegm and mucus
- Keeping the air moist.
- Drinking plenty of fluids.
- Applying a warm, wet washcloth to the face.
- Keeping the head elevated.
- Not suppressing a cough.
- Discreetly getting rid of phlegm.
- Using a saline nasal spray or rinse.
- Gargling with salt water.
Grandma’s Homemade Cough Syrup
We’re talking about alcoholic beverages. Liquor used for medicinal purposes. Before the discovery of dextromethorphan, generations of ill people were reliant on this substance. After waking up with a completely clogged head and ears, as well as an irritated and sore throat, I made the decision that I would no longer be taking any more medications for this condition. I’ve been on an antibiotic for seven weeks, as well as a variety of cough suppressants and expectorants, as well as high dosages of ibuprofen for rib discomfort.
In addition, the “nighttime” prescription drugs kept me wide awake with itchy skin and strange states of in-between sleep, as well.
- What did our forefathers do when they were sick with a head cold, flu, or sinus infection?
Honey, lemon, peppermint (for taste), and whiskey are the main ingredients.
Some members of my family have taken a spoon and dipped into it more than once, and some have done so more than once.
- But I recall the large peppermint stick, and it was this that I found myself carrying in the grocery store checkout line when I returned home.
What do you need to make this?
Peppermint, honey, lemon, and liquor/whiskey are the four main components of Grandma’s cough medication. It doesn’t really matter to me what kind of booze you drink. My father’s family usually used a dark whiskey or bourbon as a mixer. The goal is NOT to become so inebriated that you can’t stand up. What is the significance of these four things?
- Honey coats the throat, is anti-bacterial, and helps to boost the immune system, all of which are beneficial. Furthermore, it can be used to treat burns and to keep infection at bay. Honey may also be used to extract pus from wounds and sores, and whiskey can be used to block the cough response, allowing you to sleep better. Sleep is essential for the body’s ability to regenerate. Whiskey is also stronger in antioxidants than red wine, which means it is more effective in combating free radicals.
- Due to its ability to cut through mucus that commonly accompany colds, lemon is considered one of the finest meals for the liver.
Spices such as cayenne pepper, ginger, and cinnamon can be used to enhance the flavor while also providing additional health benefits.
What is a “Big Peppermint Stick”?
It’s possible that the large peppermint sticks will be harder to come by than in previous years. Throughout the year, I can usually get them at Walmart or the grocery store. If you can’t locate one during the holidays in the gift basket or specialty candy sections of your local grocery store, you can use standard peppermint sticks or peppermint candies for the purpose. The sugar and peppermint are just for flavoring purposes. When I noticed the peppermint stick as soon as I came into the store and realized I didn’t need to take any medications, I chose to stock my basket with flu-fighting items as a precaution.
- Asparagus and salmon for Omega-3 fatty acids, spinach for combating free radicals, asparagus for bladder and kidney cleansing, and almonds for clean protein.
The Verdict: I had a wonderful night’s sleep last night.
- 1 large peppermint stick
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup bourbon or whiskey
- 1.5 cups raw honey
- 1 large peppermint stick
- 1 big peppermint stick
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup bourbon or whiskey
- 1.5 cups raw honey
- 1 peppermint stick
Intake: 1-2 Tablespoons every 3-4 hours as required. There’s no need to swig from the jar.
- Yield:30 The following is the amount per serving: Calories:62 0 g of total fat 0 g of saturated fat 0 g of Trans Fat 0 g of unsaturated fat Cholesterol:0mg Sodium:1mg Carbohydrates:14g Fiber:0g Sugar:14g Protein:0g
Homemade Cough Syrup
Yield:30 Amount per serving: 1 serving size 1 serving quantity Calories:62 Glycemic Index:0g The amount of saturated fat is 0 g. 0 g of Trans fat The amount of unsaturated fat in this recipe is zero grams. Cholesterol:0mg Sodium:1mg Carbohydrates:14g Fiber:0g Sugar:14g Protein:0g
All Natural Ingredients
Yield:30 Amount per serving: 1 serving size 1 serving amount Calories:62 0g of total fat 0g of saturated fat 0g of Trans Fat Total fat: 0g Saturated fat: 0g Cholesterol:0mg Sodium:1mg Carbohydrates:14g Fiber:0g Sugar:14g Protein:0g
- Bourbon is a kind of whiskey (I personally love Brown Sugar Bourbon.
- ) Because bourbon dilates blood vessels, it makes it simpler for your mucous membranes to deal with any infection that may arise.
- As a bonus, it provides some relief from the discomfort.
- (This recipe does not include enough alcohol to make anyone drunk!
- (I swear to you!
- Lemon – Lemon is high in vitamin C, which can aid in the battle against a cold.
- Honey has antimicrobial properties.
- It aids in coating the pharynx
- The antifungal and analgesic properties of cinnamon aid in the treatment of inflammation and the symptoms of the common cold.
Dilute it with enough water so that it may be mixed together more easily.
Homemade cough syrup video
Bourbon – a kind of whiskey made from molasses and sugar (I personally love Brown Sugar Bourbon.) It is believed that bourbon helps to dilate blood vessels, making it easier for your mucous membranes to deal with the illness. As an added bonus, it provides some relief from the discomfort.. The ingredients in this recipe do not contain enough alcohol to make someone intoxicated! (I swear to you, I will!) ;
The vitamin C in lemon can aid in the battle against a cold; lemon is also good for you. The antimicrobial properties of honey are well-documented. It has the added benefit of coating the throat. The antifungal and analgesic effects of cinnamon aid in the treatment of inflammation and the prevention of a cold. Moreover, it aids in the relief of throat discomfort. Dilute it with enough water so that it may be mixed together more effectively.
- Bourbon – A kind of whiskey (I personally love Brown Sugar Bourbon.) Bourbon dilates blood vessels, making it simpler for your mucous membranes to deal with the illness. It also has a little analgesic effect. (There isn’t enough alcohol in this recipe to make someone drunk! (I swear it!)
- Lemon – Lemon is high in vitamin C, which can help you fight off a cold. Honey is antimicrobial in nature. It aids in coating the throat. CINNAMON – Cinnamon contains anti-fungal and analgesic characteristics that are beneficial in the treatment of inflammation and the common cold.
- Water – Water dilutes it just enough to aid in the mixing process.
Bourbon – (I personally love Brown Sugar Bourbon.) Bourbon dilates blood vessels, making it simpler for your mucous membranes to deal with an infection. It also has a little analgesic effect. (This recipe does not include enough alcohol to make anyone intoxicated! (I promise!) ;
Lemon – Lemon is high in vitamin C, which can assist you in fighting a cold. Honey possesses antimicrobial properties. It is beneficial in coating the throat. Cinnamon – Cinnamon contains anti-fungal and analgesic effects that can help you battle inflammation and the common cold. It also has the added benefit of calming your throat. Water – Water dilutes it just enough to aid in the mixing process;
Home remedy for cough
I’m not sure about you, but I despise the idea of taking prescription medication. It makes me feel uncomfortable, which I don’t enjoy. I’m going to avoid it at all costs until I’m forced to do it by necessity. This home cure for coughing is quite effective. During the winter, I keep a batch in the refrigerator so that I always have some on hand. I won’t have to use any over-the-counter medications until I catch the infection too late in the game.
Take a spoonful of honey the MINUTE you feel a tickle in your throat starting to develop.
Even while it isn’t a miracle worker, this will almost always relieve you of your coughing spell.
What if you have a sore throat?
- To relieve a sore throat or achy body, steep your favorite tea in boiling water until it’s hot as you can stand it.
- 2 teaspoons of this homemade cough syrup should be added.
- The discomfort and achy symptoms will be alleviated by drinking hot tea.
- Cough syrup produced at home will assist you in getting well!
How do you store homemade cough syrup?
Cough syrup made with bourbon should be kept in a dark, cold area, such as the pantry or the refrigerator. It will get thicker as it cools in the refrigerator. Just keep in mind to thoroughly mix the syrup each time before giving it to guests. Does it have a pleasant flavor? Yes! This homemade cough treatment is far superior than the store-bought one in terms of flavor and effectiveness. I’m referring to the fact that Honey and cinnamon are the primary ingredients! The remaining components work together to enhance the taste combination.
“A spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down in the most wonderful way,” as Mary Poppins famously observed in her story.
- Is it really that bad?
If you like this recipe, you might be interested in some of my other handmade food projects, such as the following:
- Cough syrup made with bourbon should be kept in a cold, dark area, such as the pantry or the refrigerator. It will get thicker if it is kept in the refrigerator overnight. Just keep in mind to thoroughly mix the syrup before serving each time. It appears to be edible. Yes! Compared to store-bought cough medicine, this homemade cough treatment tastes a million times better! You know what I’m talking about. Honey and cinnamon are the main ingredients! The remainder of the components work together to enhance the flavor of the main element.
- “A spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down in the most delicious way,” as Mary Poppins famously observed in her book.
That doesn’t seem like such a big deal.
Cough syrup made with bourbon should be stored in a dark, cold area, such as the pantry or the refrigerator. It will get thicker if it is kept in the refrigerator. Just sure to thoroughly combine the syrup each time before serving. Is it enjoyable to eat? Yes! This homemade cough medication is far superior to the store-bought one in terms of flavor. I’m talking about. It’s mostly made up of honey and cinnamon! The remaining components enhance the flavor of the flavor combination. The only thing that makes swallowing a tablespoon of this homemade cough syrup difficult is that it is so delicious!
- The honey-to-sugar ratio in this recipe is equivalent to swallowing a tablespoon of sugar.
If you like this recipe, you might be interested in some of my other handmade food projects, such as these:
- 1 12 cup phony
- 14 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 12 cup bourbon
- 12 cup water
- Honey that has been warmed 1 12 cup honey heated on low heat just long enough to become mixable. (Within 30 seconds, preferably)
- 14 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice may be made from one lemon. Combine and swirl the honey, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons cinnamon, 12 cup bourbon, and 12 cup water until everything is well combined. If you catch it early enough, you can take 1 tablespoon before it turns into a cold. In the case of a full cold, take 1 to 2 tablespoons every hour until the cold passes
- First and foremost, DO NOT COOK YOUR HONEY!
- When honey is heated, some of its antibacterial characteristics that help it combat colds are destroyed.
- Do not microwave your honey since you will not be able to manage the temperature of the heat and you will most likely overheat the honey.
- Note 2: Do you happen to have crystallized honey on hand?
- Honey does not deteriorate or go bad under any circumstances.
- Some people, however, may not care for the texture of crystalized honey due to personal preference.
78 kcal per serving|18g carbohydrates|1 g protein|1 g fat|1 g saturated fat |
Whiskey Honey Lemon Cough Syrup
First and foremost, DO NOT COOK YOUR HONEY!!! Some of the antibacterial qualities of honey are destroyed when it is cooked.) Do not microwave your honey since you will not be able to regulate the temperature of the heat and you will more than likely overheat it as a result. Note 2: Do you happen to have crystallized honey available? Honey does not deteriorate or go bad under normal circumstances. Although some individuals enjoy crystalized honey, others dislike it because of the texture of the crystalized honey.
- 78 kcal per serving|18g carbohydrates|1 g protein|1 g fat|1 g saturated fat |
3 Ingredients needed to make Whiskey Honey Lemon Cough Syrup
Cough syrup made with whiskey, honey, and lemon has been in our family for hundreds of years, having been passed down from our great, great grandmothers. Back in the day, there were no sophisticated medicines to cure ailments, and even the most basic of medications were difficult to come by. The symptoms were treated with whatever was available to the community. To be honest, penicillin had not even been discovered until 1928. During Prohibition, in the 1920s, it was difficult to get booze, but it was available in pharmacy shops as medical whiskey, which was offered as a tonic to patients.
Alcohol and Proof
Cough syrup made with whiskey, honey, and lemon has been in our family for hundreds of years, and was passed down from our great great ancestors to us. At the time, there were no sophisticated medications to treat ailments, nor were they readily available. Even the most basic medications were difficult to come by. The symptoms were treated with whatever the locals had on hand. Heck, penicillin had not even been discovered until 1928 when this was published. As a result of Prohibition, it was difficult to get alcoholic beverages in the 1920s; nonetheless, medicinal whiskey was available for purchase at pharmacy stores.
How does Whiskey help with a cold and cough?
- So you might be wondering why that is considered a “good burn.
- ” 1) The scorching and heat sensation you’re experiencing is caused by the dilation of your blood vessels.
- It will also expand the blood vessels in your nasal region, which may help you breathe more easily if you are suffering from a cold or flu.
- 2) In addition, whiskey was utilized as an antiseptic on the battlefields because medication was scarce at the time of the conflict.
- 3) As you may be aware, a small amount of alcohol used in moderation will assist you in falling asleep more quickly.
The idea is simply to assist you in getting some sleep so that you may go on with your day.
Honey for Throat pain and Cough
Honey not only sweetens this small injection of pleasure, but it also coats a scratchy throat, acts as a natural antibacterial, and aids in the soothing of a coughing fit. If you are seeking for additional natural ways to relieve coughing, we recommend that you try our recipe for Chinese Pear Dessert Soup.
Cough medicine that is delicious, cools the throat, and is effective. In light of the unusual nature of our current situation, we utilized any sort of honey we could get our hands on.
Lemon juice for a boost of Vitamin C
- Fresh lemon juice is preferred for this dish, but if you’re in a hurry, you may use the sort of lemon juice that comes in a squeeze bottle or even a little amount of lemonade.
- After all, this is a pantry dish, and if it’s 0200, you can make do with whatever you’ve got.
- Lemon juice adds a bit more vitamin C and antioxidants to this simple dish, while also providing the right balance of sweetness and sourness amongst the ingredients.
Standard dosage of Whiskey Honey Lemon Cough Syrup
We have three tablespoons in each of these little shot glasses. Adults should take 1-2 tablespoons every 4 – 6 hours, or as needed, according to their needs. Whiskey or bourbon, freshly squeezed lemon juice, and honey in equal parts. We prefer to just whisk it up and drink it straight from a shot glass. However, if you are in the mood for something a little hotter, you may mix it into a cup of hot water or your favorite herbal tea and have a steamy cup of goodness.
Kid Friendly Version of Homemade cough syrup
In accordance with the recommendations of Evan Ashkin, MD and Anne Mounsey, MD, children under the age of 12 months should not consume honey since honey contains dangerous germs that can cause baby botulism. This is a very dangerous type of food poisoning. Older children and adults are immune to this bacteria, as is the general public. However, for children older than 12 months of age, a mixture of a little honey, a little lemon juice (if there are no allergies present), and a little warm water (please, no whiskey) may be beneficial in reducing their cough and promoting sleep.
How to store your Homemade Cough Syrup
- As food photographers, we must choose the optimal time of day for lighting considerations in order to capture the finest image possible.
- The greatest lighting conditions are available between 9 a.
- and 10 a.
- , Monday through Friday.
- So, what does one do with a lovely Whiskey Honey Lemon Cough Syrup shot at 0900 when one is in the mood for it?
- We could drink it, but this recipe, when made with fresh lemon and stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator, will keep fresh for up to 3 days.
Stay Well and Take Care
Some of the most fundamental truths that our mother taught us are accurate and can help us get back on our feet.
- To get us back on our feet, some of the most fundamental things our mother told us are true.
It should be noted that this recipe contains alcohol, and it is not suggested for youngsters or people suffering from liver illness. A kid-friendly version of homemade cough syrup for children older than 12 months of age who do not have any additional allergies is also included in our recipe card, which can be found further down on this page. As is usually the case before beginning any new home therapy, you should consult with your primary care physician about this homemade cough syrup suggestion before beginning any self-care regimen.
- (At this point, the nurse has decided to step down from her soapbox.
- ) We really care about you, and all we want is for you to be safe!
There is no intention for the Content to serve as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Because of whatever you’ve read on this website, you should never dismiss competent medical advice or put off obtaining it altogether.
- Subscribe to our newsletter and keep up with us on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and Pinterest for all the latest news and information.
- 1tablespoonlemon juicefresh or lemon concentrate
- 1cupwarm water or herbal teaoptional
Adult Homemade Cough Syrup
- Whisk together the whiskey, honey, and lemon juice until fully combined.
The recommended dosage for adults is 1 -2 teaspoons every 4-6 hours or as needed for coughing relief. We prefer to consume it straight from the bottle. However, if you want, you may combine the ingredients in a cup of warm water or herbal tea and drink it right away. If you want it sweeter, you may increase the amount of honey used in the recipe.
Children older than 12 months old Homemade Cough Syrup
- Shake thoroughly the ingredients (whisky, honey, and lemon juice).
Coughing should be treated with 1 -2 teaspoons every 4-6 hours or as required. Our preferred method of consumption is to sip it directly from the bottle. To make it more convenient, you may combine the ingredients in a cup of warm water or herbal tea and drink it straight away. Pour in a bit extra honey if you want it a little sweeter
1 -2 teaspoons every 4-6 hours or as needed is the recommended dosage for adults. You may create as much or as little as you like because the ingredients are all equal quantities whiskey, lemon juice, and honey. Although it will keep around 3 days in the refrigerator if stored in a well sealed container, it is recommended that you use fresh lemon juice. (For example, you could want to combine 14 cup whiskey, 14 cup honey, and 14 cup lemon juice together.) You may also use lemon juice concentrate, which, due to the presence of preservatives, can keep for up to 4 weeks in the refrigerator when combined with the whiskey and honey.
This may be really relaxing at times, especially if you are suffering from a congested nose.
- It is better to utilize raw honey for this purpose, but if things are bad, use anything you can get your hands on.
As an added bonus, we have included a kid-friendly (non-alcohol) version of our homemade cough syrup in our recipe card for children older than 12 months of age who do not have any additional allergies.
Honey should not be given to children younger than 12 months of age.
- You must ensure that this is appropriate for your condition, as well as any pre-existing problems you may have, and that it will not interact with any drugs you are presently taking.
A serving contains: 1 gram of protein, 6 grams of carbohydrates, 1 gram of fat, 1 gram of saturated fat, 1 gram of sodium, 6 grams of sugar, and 2 milligrams of vitamin C.
Medicinal Moonshine to cure coughs
I’m constantly on the lookout for natural cures that will keep me out of the doctor’s office. When plantain appears in our yard or school yard, I collect it to use as a natural remedy for bug bites and other maladies. Raw apple cider vinegar, honey, and water are the remedies I use for sore throats. James over at Survival Punk has shared a home treatment for a persistent cough that incorporates three of my favorite chemicals — all of which are used medicinally, of course – to great effect. Take a look at it…
Medicinal Moonshine to cure coughs
- I wish I had a gypsy wagon to use as a mobile snake oil salesman for this essay.
- Crazy James’ Snake Oil Wagon of Wonder is a one-of-a-kind vehicle that transports snake oil.
- If this Survivalpunk thing doesn’t work out, I could look at starting a new business endeavor.
- So I got over the stomach bug issue, but a few days later I developed a sore throat and a nasty cough that lasted for many days.
- I was in a poor way for a few days, with aches and pains, fatigue, a runny nose, and the works.
- I was worried that I had caught the virus that was going about.
All I know is that five days later, I’m still coughing and it’s a pain in the neck.
Well, I’m not one to turn down the opportunity to drink, so this is what I did to get rid of my cough.
- One shot of moonshine is all you need.
A spoonful of honey
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- A pinch of salt
- I might give it a shot when I get up in the morning, but right now I’m enjoying another meal.
- I remembered she had mentioned to combine Moonshine, Honey, and Lemon, so I looked it up on the internet as I waited for her to text me back with her recipe instructions.
- On this website, I discovered a plethora of Moonshine-related treatments.
- My doctor prescribed his Pleasant-tasting syrup for a persistent cough, which was just what I needed because I had a persistent cough.
- Let’s get started on making some Moonshine cough syrup, which appears to be a simple recipe.
Moonshine, honey, and a squeeze of lemon Short shopping lists are my favorite.
Although I lived in Tennessee, I was in desperate need of some and couldn’t acquire any immediately.
- It’s not quite as potent as the actual thing, but it’s near enough for me.
I bought the cheapest, most locally sourced items I could find that still had the cone in them.
Continue reading for the remainder of the recipe.
Hot Toddy Recipe for Cold (How to Make a Hot Toddy VIDEO)
- A hot toddy is wonderful on a cold night in any season, but I particularly enjoy this hot toddy recipe for calming a cold.
- When I’m feeling under the weather and coughing up a lung, this warm drink is my go-to dish.
- A traditional whiskey hot toddy is the most effective cold treatment, as well as the most delicious!
- A simple and delicious DIY remedy for a common cold that is far easier to prepare than cough medication!
- In no time, you’ll be able to ease your cold thanks to your newfound knowledge of Hot Toddy preparation.
If you’ve ever wanted to know how to create a hot toddy, look no further… It’s really simple! Warming up with this traditional hot toddy recipe is the great way to soothe a sore throat or cough. It’s the beginning of cold and flu season! EVERY SINGLE WINTER, I come down with a nasty head cold. In the event that I am forced to pick between swallowing a cap-full of grape-flavored cough syrup or sipping this Hot Toddy for a Cold, I believe you can guess which option I will take. Yes, Dimetapp appeared to taste very delicious when I was a youngster, but for those above the age of 21, a shot of whiskey is the best cure for a cold.
This drink recipe is calming, tasty, and really simple to make.
The warmth of this drink is also ideal for any chilly, wet, or snowy night throughout the winter, regardless of whether or not you are feeling under the weather.
Is a Hot Toddy a good cold remedy?
Yes! It’s the most effective (non-medical) cold treatment I’ve found. When you have a sore throat or cough, the warmth of the drinking components can be quite soothing. In addition, whiskey is a somewhat effective decongestant, and it can significantly reduce the severity of a headache.* My medical training is limited, and this is not a cure-all, but it does help me feel better overall! In the course of this winter, this Hot Toddy Recipe has made an appearance more than a few times in our home.
Occasionally, when I’m feeling very ill and nasty, as well as lazy, the only words that are spoken in our home are “bless you” and “leave me alone.” This year’s cold and flu season has been particularly brutal, and this drink has helped me get through it!
- In addition to an excellent bowl of soup, this whiskey Hot Toddy Recipe is the only thing that helps me get through a terrible cold.
Even on days when we aren’t sick, I find myself craving this delectable warm cocktail!
How to make a Hot Toddy
Yes! My favorite (non-medical) cold cure is this one. When you have a sore throat or a cough, the warmth of the drinkingredients can significantly help. In addition, whiskey is a fairly effective decongestant, and it may significantly reduce the severity of a headache. My medical training is limited, and this is not a cure-all, but it does help me feel better in the meanwhile. In the course of this winter, this Hot Toddy Recipe has made an appearance more than a few times at our home. Having a baby at daycare requires you to become well-versed in all of the tactics of keeping him or her healthy.
- This year’s cold and flu season has been particularly brutal, and this drink has helped me get through it.
In addition to an excellent bowl of soup, this whiskey Hot Toddy Recipe is the only thing that can get me through a severe cold.
I still desire this delightfully warm beverage on days when we are not sick!
- It’s the most effective (and non-medical) cold treatment I’ve found.
- You may find that the warmth of the drinkingredients relieves your sore throatcough symptoms significantly.
- In addition, whiskey is a rather effective decongestant, and it really alleviates the discomfort of a headache.
- My medical training is limited, and this is not a cure-all, but it does help me feel better!
- Over the course of the winter, this Hot Toddy Recipe has made an appearance at our house more than a few times.
When I’m sick, nasty, and sluggish, the only words that are spoken in our home are “bless you” and “leave me alone.” This year has seen a very bad cold and flu season, and this drink has helped me get through it!
This whiskey Hot Toddy Recipe, along with a steaming bowl of soup, is the only thing that helps me get through a terrible cold.
- Even on days when we aren’t sick, I find myself craving this delectable, warm cocktail!
Making a Hot Toddy is simple.
- Whiskey, water, and lemon juice are combined.
1 minute in the microwave (or until heated)
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the honey and ginger (for an added kick to that cold)
Now it’s time to drink! This hot toddy for a cold can quickly warm you up while also soothing your throat. It’s the ideal beverage to have before night to aid with sleep induction.
Best Cold Remedy
- It’s time to get hydrated.
- It won’t take long for this hot toddy for a cold to warm you up and ease your throat.
- It’s the ideal beverage to have before night to aid in sleep inducing.
Benefits of Drinking a Hot Toddy:
- Now, get your drink on! This hot toddy for a cold will quickly warm you up and soothe your throat. It’s the ideal beverage to have before bed to aid with slumber.
Take a sip of your favorite beverage. This hot toddy for a cold can warm you up and soothe your throat in no time. It’s the ideal beverage to have before night to aid with slumber.
Hot Toddy for Coughing
If you find yourself looking for “Hot Toddy For Cough” on the internet… I’m available to assist you. This drink, consumed once a day, keeps the doctor at bay. The process of waiting to visit a doctor is made slightly more pleasant by using this method. Cold and flu season is a complete disaster and a financial burden on families. Nothing will be cured by this hot toddy (there is no such thing as a genuine cure for a cold; you simply have to cope with the symptoms), but I know it will boost some spirits while relaxing your throat.
- Whiskey is delicious in this manner!
GET OUT OF HERE, Cold and Flu Season!
Hot Toddy without Whiskey
Don’t be concerned if you are under the age of 21. You may still enjoy this hot beverage to help relieve the symptoms of a cold. Simply exclude the whiskey from this recipe and it will be perfectly fine. You still have hot water, lemon, and honey on hand to help alleviate the symptoms of a common cold. With or without whiskey, it’s the finest cold treatment there is! Some people may just refer to it as honey lemon water, but every beverage needs a proper name. Even if you’re in good health, this traditional hot toddy can keep you warm on a chilly evening.
- Keep reading for some of our other favorite home remedy recipes, like our Glowing Skin Smoothie and Detox Lemonade!
The most effective method of recovery is with a COLD REMEDY HOT TODDY!
- 2 ounces whiskey or bourbon (optional) Purchase some of reasonably excellent quality. You’ve got a cold! You are deserving of the finest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 4 ounces water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cube crystallized ginger (optional)
- 1 slice fresh lemon for garnish
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Whisky or bourbon, 2 ounces Make sure you get some of the best possible quality. You’ve got a virus!! You are deserving of nothing but the very best.
- 4 ounces water
- 2 teaspoonslemonjuice
- 1 cube crystallized ginger (optional)
- 1 slice fresh lemon (for garnish).
- Calories: 242 kilocalories (12 percent ) 27 g of carbohydrate (9 percent ) Sodium:7mg 26 g of sugar (29 percent ) Vitamin C (3.
- 9 milligrams) (5 percent )
Claim your free ebook!
Subscribe to receive posts in your inbox as soon as they are published! In addition, you will receive our FREE booklet! Please Count Me In
To receive posts in your email, sign up for our newsletter. In addition, you will receive our complimentary ebook! I’m interested in participating.
- Subscribe to receive posts in your inbox as soon as they are published. Plus, you’ll receive our complimentary booklet! Please Count Me In!
HOMEMADE COUGH SYRUP RECIPE – DIVAS CAN COOK
- 2012-10-15· For children above the age of 12 months, this homemade cough syrup recipe is a great option.
- Although Isaac has only had a few of colds so far, this recipe has shown to be quite effective in relieving sore throats and coughing, particularly in the case of persistent midnight coughing.
- In any case, there aren’t many cold medications available for children under the age of four.
- My grandmother’s recipe calls for only one lemon, and she uses it sparingly.
- com 4.
- 3 out of 5 stars (34)Estimated Reading Time3 minutes
GRANDMA MARTHA’S HOMEMADE COUGH SYRUP | CLASH OF THE.
2012-10-15· When it comes to youngsters above the age of 12 months, this homemade cough syrup recipe is fantastic! Although Isaac has only had a few of colds so far, this recipe has shown to be really effective in relieving sore throats and coughing, particularly during those persistent overnight coughing fits. Cold medications for children under the age of four don’t exist in large quantities on the market. Only one lemon is used in the recipe created by my grandma… Fromdivascancook.com Estimated Reading Time: 3 minutes and 34 seconds4.3/5 (34).
MEDICINAL MOONSHINE TO CURE COUGHS – SURVIVALPUNK
2013-01-30· Cough Syrup made from moonshine. A quarter cup of Moonshine, a quarter cup of honey, and one tablespoon of lemon are required for this recipe. Using a Pyrex measuring cup, I combined all of the ingredients and cooked them in the microwave. When it first came out, I gave it a good stir, and it mixed extremely nicely and was not as thick as I had anticipated.
I poured some of this into my coffee cup and began sipping it slowly. This stuff is by far the greatest cough syrup you’ll ever find…
HOMEMADE COUGH SYRUP (NATURAL COUGH MEDICINE) | GOOD LIFE EATS
- 2013-01-30· Cough Syrup Made with Moonshine A quarter cup of Moonshine, a quarter cup of honey, and one tablespoon of lemon are required to make this recipe a success.
- I combined all of the ingredients in a Pyrex measuring cup and then cooked them in the microwave until heated through.
- It was pretty nicely mixed and not as thick as I had anticipated when I stirred it when it came out.
- It went into my coffee cup, and I started drinking it right away!
- It’s the nicest cough syrup I’ve ever used.
- Fill a container with a lid and add the cayenne pepper, ground ginger, honey, apple cider vinegar, fresh lemon juice, and water
- Shake well.
GRANDMA’S HOMEMADE COUGH SYRUP — KATRINA RUNS FOR …
Fill a jar with a lid and add the cayenne pepper, ground ginger, honey, apple cider vinegar, fresh lemon juice, and water.
PEPPERMINT WHISKEY COUGH MEDICINE | WHERE FLOURS BLOOM
In a container with a lid, combine the cayenne pepper, ground ginger, honey, apple cider vinegar, fresh lemon juice, and water; shake well.
PAWPAW GARRETT’S HOMEMADE COUGH SYRUP MADE IN AMERICA
- 2018-12-31· We had several requests for the recipe for my great grandfather’s homemade cough syrup, so we decided to make it available on our website.
- Take a look at the examples below: PawPaw Garrett’s Homemade Cough Syrup (Paw Garrett’s Homemade Cough Syrup) Ingredients: Lemon Juice -Peppermint Candy (optional) -Bourbon from the Wild Turkey (101 Proof) How to make it: -Fill a small mason jar halfway with crushed peppermint candies.
- -Add 1 teaspoon of honey to the mixture.
- -Squeeze 1-2 times.
6 HOMEMADE COUGH SYRUP RECIPES
2015-11-18· To make a delicious old-fashioned cough syrup, slice three lemons and throw them in a pan with honey and a few horehound leaves and flowers. Simmer for about an hour. Horehound, a bitter plant that was historically popular in cough “candies,” serves as an irritant, causing the cough reflex to be triggered and mucus to be coughed out. Continue to cook the combination until the syrup thickens slightly. Remove the syrup from the heat and set it aside to cool. 3 / 7 Rock Candy, Lemon Juice, and Soda Water Whisky.
Fromreadersdigest.ca 2 minutes is the estimated reading time.
MEDICINAL MOONSHINE TO CURE COUGHS | SURVIVAL SHERPA
- 2013-02-25· Let’s get started on making some Moonshine cough syrup, which appears to be a simple recipe.
- In order to produce this cough syrup, you’ll need three ingredients.
- Moonshine, honey, and a squeeze of lemon Short shopping lists are my favorite.
- If you can get your hands on some actual Moonshine or manufacture your own, that’s ideal.
- Although I lived in Tennessee, I was in desperate need of some and couldn’t acquire any immediately.
- It’s the neighborhood.
- com Survival Sherpa is the author of this book.
PEPPERMINT MOONSHINE IS A FUN HOLIDAY DIY INFUSED …
2020-11-30· Amazon. Allow the simple syrup mixture to cool for approximately one hour before dividing it among six pint-sized mason jars. Fill each jar halfway with moonshine (or Everclear if you’re in a hurry).
If possible, allow it to sit for a day or two before drinking, but remember that peppermint moonshine, like other infused moonshines, becomes better the longer it sits! Fromwideopeneats.com Servings6Calories619 per serving CuisineAmericanCategoryDrinksServings6
POPCORN SUTTON’S RECIPE FOR A COLD REMEDY PROVES VALID.
2020-11-30· Amazon. Set aside for approximately an hour to let the simple syrup mixture to cool before dividing it among six pint-sized mason jars. Each jar should be filled halfway with moonshine (or Everclear, if you have it). If possible, allow it to sit for a day or two before drinking, but remember that peppermint moonshine, like other infused moonshines, gets better the longer it is allowed to rest. Fromwideopeneats.com Servings6Calories619 per servingCulinary StyleAmericanCategoryDrinks
HOMEMADE COUGH SYRUP – DR. AXE
2017-06-21· To relieve coughing, try this simple homemade cough syrup recipe, which includes raw honey, lemon juice, and herbs that can calm the throat, strengthen the immune system, and aid to settle a cough. This meal is simple to put together and serves three people for one day: one serving in the morning, one in the afternoon, and one before night. It’s packed with natural cough cure components and should be able to put an end to your cough by the time your head hits the pillow… Fromdraxe.com Reading Time Estimated at 5 minutes 4.2/5 (101)
POPCORN SUTTON ‘S COUGH SYRUP RECIPE, MOONSHINE …
- Made with moonshine or grain alcohol (everclear), this cough syrup recipe is almost identical to Popcorn Sutton’s mother’s.
- The sourwood honey is what distinguishes it from the other two.
PEPPERMINT MOONSHINE COUGH SYRUP – PINTEREST.COM
When autocomplete results are available, use the up and down arrows to browse among them and the enter key to pick one of them. Users of touch devices can explore the site by touching it or using swiping movements. Frompinterest.com
HOMEMADE COUGH SYRUP RECIPE – THE SIMPLE HOMEMAKER
2011-11-18· This homemade cough syrup recipe, which was passed down to my mother by my great grandmother, is devoid of alcoholic beverages. A recipe for Great Grandma’s Homemade Cough Syrup. Ingredients for Cough Syrup. one cup honey (raw is ideal), one teaspoon ginger, and the juice of one lemon are all recommended. Combine all of the ingredients and cook over very low heat for 15 minutes. Do not warm the raw honey, since this may cause some of its exceptional nutritional and medicinal properties to be lost.
MOONSHINE COUGH SYRUP RECIPE – MEDICINAL MOONSHINE TO CURE.
- 2020-12-03 Dec 24, 2012 – The year 2020 is a leap year.
- Whiskey, lemon juice, peppermint, and honey are combined to make this homemade cough syrup.
- … he was bragging about his homemade cough treatment, which he said was guaranteed to heal any cough … I have some 180 proof moonshine that I would want to substitute for the whiskey.
WHISKEY MINT COUGH SYRUP – LAURELBLACKMORRIS.COM
2017-12-21 Whiskey Mint Cough Syrup is a cough syrup made with whiskey and mint. Preparation Time: 5 minutes 5 minutes is the whole time allotted. Recipe should be saved. Recipe can be printed. My Favorite Recipes My To-Do Lists My own calendar. Ingredients. 15 peppermint-flavored soft balls 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice 2 ounces of honey Whiskey of preference.
Mason jar has a pint capacity. Instructions. Fill a pint mason jar halfway with the first three ingredients. Add whiskey to a depth of approximately one inch below the neck under the threads.
MOONSHINE COUGH SYRUP RECIPE | DANDK ORGANIZER
- Recipe for popcorn sutton’s cough syrup moonshine white likker medicinal moonshine to treat coughs survival sherpa moonshine white likker homemade cough remedy barefeetinthekitchen com kitchen remedy cough syrup homemade tasty barefeetinthekitchen com kitchen remedy cough syrup homemade yummy Facebook;
- Previous Article Next Article;
- Prev Article Posts that are related.
- Smoothie Recipes using Almased.
- The 29th of January, 2017.
- Bacon Recipes That Will Blow Your Mind.
- The 24th of November, 2017.
- Recipe for Pappadeaux Bacon Wrapped Shrimp.
√ WHISKEY COUGH SYRUP HOMEMADE
Survival sherpa recipe for popcorn sutton’s cough syrup moonshine white likker medicinal moonshine to heal coughs Recipe for homemade cough treatment from barefeetinthekitchen.com. Recipe for cough syrup produced at home from barefeetinthekitchen.com. Facebook; Previous Article; Next Article; Prev Article Posts that are similar. smoothie recipes with aloe vera The 29th of January is coming up. Bacon Recipes that are out of this world! on the 24th of November. A recipe for Pappadeaux Shrimp with Bacon Wrapping…
MOONSHINE COUGH SYRUP RECIPE | BESTO BLOG
Recipe for Popcorn Sutton’s Cough Syrup with Moonshine and White Likker Inal Moonshine to cure coughs, published on March 9, 2017. Sherpa for survival situations homemade cough remedy barefeetinthekitchen com kitchen remedy cough syrup homemade tasty barefeetinthekitchen com kitchen remedy cough syrup homemade yummy What people are looking for on this blog: Send a tweet or an email to a friend. Previous Article; Next Article; Prev Article; Next Article; Articles that are related. Evergood louisiana brand hot link evergood manufactures the finest hot link evergood creates the greatest hot link evergood Recipes for Hot Link Sausage from bestonlinecollegesdegrees.com are always a hit.
PEPPERMINT WHISKEY COUGH MEDICINE – PINTEREST
- Cough syrup made at home (4-6oz bag of horehounds) bag of peppermint candy (4-6 oz) (redwhite) bag of cinnamon candy (4-6 oz) (balls or flat) -4-6 ounce bag lemon drops (optional) To use, place all of the candy in a quart jar and cover with one pint whiskey of your choice-I typically pick the cheapest and it works great-shake everyday until the candy is melted-place in a cabinet and use a teaspoon to a tablespoon at a time.
Jimmy’s Homemade Cough Syrup
A 4-6 ounce bag of horehounds for making homemade cough syrup. bag of peppermint candy (4-6 oz) (redwhite) candy cinnamon (4-6 ounce bag) (balls or flat) -a bag of lemon drops (4-6 oz. To use, place all of the candy in a quart jar and top with one pint whiskey of your choice-I typically use the cheapest and it works great-shake everyday until the candy is melted-place in the cabinet and use a teaspoon to a tablespoon at a time. Frompinterest.com
Homemade Bourbon Cough Syrup
Cough syrup made at home (4-6 ounce bag horehounds) 1 – 4 oz bag of peppermint candy (redwhite) bag cinnamon candy (4-6 oz) (balls or flat) -4-6 ounce bag lemon drops (optional).
-put all candy into a quart jar and top with one pint whiskey of choice-I typically use the cheapest and it works great-shake everyday until candies are melted-place in cabinet and use a teaspoon to a tablespoon at a time. Frompinterest.com
There is no cure for the common cold.This recipe is intended to help soothe cold symptoms, but is not medical advice.
It’s finally here. I’ve ducked and avoided, but it’s now caught up with me. I can’t believe it. It’s that time of year again: cold and flu season. Are you still in good health, and are you putting forth every effort to remain so? Drinking immune-boosting smoothies may be a good idea (like anarugula smoothieor anorange kefir smoothie). The Ginger People’s ginger health shots are also a favorite of mine. If, on the other hand, you’re feeling under the weather, I understand your frustration. I had spent the whole day ignoring my scratchy throat and tried to persuade myself that I was simply suffering from allergies.
- Unfortunately, even when I began to feel better, my cough would not go away completely.
At the same moment that I was contemplating driving to the store and purchasing a bottle of cough syrup, I had an epiphany.
Traditionally, apple cider vinegar, honey, and water are combined in equal proportions to make homemade cough syrup.
- Although, if you like, you might substitute water for the bourbon if you so choose.
You can make it in about an hour and using items that you most likely already have in your cupboard.
Why Apple Cider Vinegar?
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) is produced by the fermentation of apples. That means it’s packed with therapeutic probiotics, and it’s been shown to help thin mucus in certain studies. But. It is necessary to choose organic apple cider vinegar that contains the mother. Braggs is a well-known, high-quality apple cider vinegar brand that is simple to obtain, but I also enjoy Simple Truth Organic Apple Cider Vinegar. It is the beneficial bacteria in the vinegar that is known as the mother. It’s the brown stringy parts that you’ll notice in the container that contain the active ingredient.
Why Use Raw Honey?
- Do you happen to have a jar of local raw honey that still has the honeycomb in it?
- What do you do with a jar that you bought on a whim and subsequently didn’t know how to use?
- This is the ideal technique to make advantage of it.
- In contrast to processed honey, raw honey has not been pasteurized or treated prior to bottling, which means that it (in theory) contains more minerals, antioxidants, and vitamins than processed honey.
- If all you have is standard processed honey, by all means, go ahead and use it.
Processed honey, on the other hand, will not be nearly as nutrient-dense as raw honey.
Why Add Bourbon to Homemade Cough Syrup?
I’ll tell you why in a minute! You would use bourbon (or another type of booze) to make a hot toddy, and it is the same reason. The bourbon will aid in your ability to fall asleep. And it’s really tough to recover from a cold when you don’t get enough sleep. I favor bourbon over a lot of other liquors because it has no additives (such as “natural” or artificial flavors, food coloring, or sweeteners), which makes it a healthier choice. When in doubt, use what you have on hand.
If you don’t have any bourbon but do have cinnamon whiskey in your cupboard, go ahead and use it instead.
- Just keep in mind that newborns should not be given honey.
How to Make Homemade Bourbon Cough Syrup
Take your three ingredients (apple cider vinegar, honey, and bourbon) and combine them in a mixing bowl. A tiny Ball jar (one with the measures printed on the side) is my preferred container, and I like to pour everything into the jar at the same time. That way, I don’t have to worry about getting honey all over my counter and I also don’t have to worry about scraping honey off of a measuring cup or spoon. It’s also possible to make the syrup in an ordinary measuring cup and store it in an airtight container if you don’t have a cover for it.
Toss in some raw honey.
- Then, of course, there’s the apple cider vinegar to add.
Apple Cider Vinegar should be added.
Shake until all of the honey is integrated into the liquid, around 30 seconds.
- You may store the syrup in an airtight glass jar or pour it into a bottle and send it to a sick friend as a get well present.
Store the syrup in the refrigerator.
Bourbon Cough Syrup
Take your three ingredients (apple cider vinegar, honey, and bourbon) and combine them in a small bowl. A tiny Ball jar (one with the measurements printed on the side) is my preferred container, and I simply pour everything into it. There is no need for me to dirty a measuring cup, and I despise scraping honey out of a measuring cup or spoon in the first place. If you don’t have a jar with a cover, you may alternatively use a measuring cup, combine everything together, and then put the syrup in a glass container to keep it fresh.
- Raw Honey should be used in this recipe.
Add the apple cider vinegar after that, of course.
Apple Cider Vinegar should be used as well.
- Toss it around until the honey is completely absorbed into the mixture.
You may store the syrup in an airtight glass container or pour it into a bottle and give it to a sick friend as a get well present.
In addition, get well soon!
- Raw honey (2 ounces, or 4 TB)
- 2 ounces bourbon or whiskey
- 2 ounces apple cider vinegar (with the mother)
- A pinch of salt
- Fill a jar halfway with all of the ingredients. To use, close the container and shake it vigorously until the honey is fully absorbed. 12 oz (1 TB) per person is the recommended serving size. It is possible to dilute a spoonful of the syrup by putting it into a small mug of hot water before serving. Take a sip of the hot tonic. Keep the jar with a cover in the refrigerator and use it within 6 months
- Non-alcoholic version: In place of the bourbon, use 2 oz of water.
- The syrup’s shelf life will be reduced as a result (about 2 weeks).
- Optional flavorings include a dash of ground cinnamon and/or ginger, which may be added to the syrup before shaking.
- – Put in a cinnamon stick in the jar and let it sit for a few days or a week to let the cinnamon to infuse into the bourbon until you’re satisfied with the flavor (it should take between 1 and 3 weeks).
- – Make use of flavorful whiskey or flavorful honey.
Grandma Barb’s Homemade Cough Syrup…That works!!
I come from a family that believes that artificial medication should only be used as a last option, and my grandmother Barb is the queen of all things natural, especially natural remedies. She has a little backyard garden where she produces her own natural cure plants, and there is usually some type of wild handmade tea boiling on the stove. Her natural remedies are often the first people we call when someone in the family is sick or injured and we need a natural solution. She retires to her bedroom, where she keeps herbal cure books and notes, and emerges with a recipe that always works miracles, such as this homemade cough syrup recipe.
For children above the age of 12 months, this homemade cough syrup recipe is a great option.
- In any case, there aren’t many cold medications available for children under the age of four.
My grandmother uses only one lemon in her recipe, but I like to use as many as I can stand in it because lemons are so good for fighting colds and they also help to balance out the sweetness of the honey.
Cough syrup produced naturally and at home with Grandma’s simple recipe.
- It relieves painful, itchy, and dry throats, as well as coughs.
- 1 1/2 cups organic raw honey
- 1/2 cup organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1-5 organic lemons juiced (the more the better)
- 1 1/2 cups organic raw honey
- 1/2 cup organic raw honey
- 1/2 cup organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1-5 organic lemons (the more the better)
- 1 1/2 cups organic raw honey
- 1 1/2 cups organic extra virgin olive oil
TIPS: Use as soon as you see the beginnings of a cold. You can eat as many fresh lemons as your stomach can handle. Prepare by stirring and heating before using. As needed, use a teaspoon or a tablespoon to get the job done. Additionally, it is beneficial for allergy sufferers.
6 Homemade Cough Syrups
Would you rather suffer through your cough than swallow that vile store-bought syrup that tastes like vomit? Instead, try one of these simple DIY cough and sore throat cures. 1/7
DO-IT-YOURSELF COUGH REMEMDIES
- Your own kitchen contains all of the components you need to make some natural cough cures that will calm your throat and put an end to the hacking.
To make a delicious old-fashioned cough syrup, slice three lemons and throw them in a pan with honey and a few horehound leaves and flowers. Simmer for about an hour.
Horehound, a bitterherb that was previously used in cough “candies,” serves as an irritant, causing the cough reflex to be triggered and mucus to be coughed out. Continue to cook the combination until the syrup thickens slightly. Remove the syrup from the heat and set it aside to cool. 3/7
Rock Candy, Lemon JuiceWhisky
Rock candy, which is formed from crystallized sugar and is one of the earliest types of confectionery, provides the base for a number of traditional cough syrup recipes. One recipe calls for one box of rock candy, one pound of raisins, the juice of three lemons, one half-cup sugar, and enough whisky to make a syrup, according to the author. Another recipe calls for 1 pound rock candy, 4 jiggers brandy, a half-jar of honey, and the juice of 3 lemons, among other ingredients. Due to the fact that it takes many weeks for the rock candy to dissolve, either recipe must be prepared ahead of time.
Lemon Juice, HoneyCayenne Pepper
Blend the lemon juice with a little amount of honey, then add a pinch of cayenne pepper and drink immediately. It is beneficial to have honey cover the back of your throat to help soothe sensitive tissues, while the lemon helps to decrease inflammation and offer a dose of infection-fighting vitamin C. The red pepper stimulates blood circulation in the affected area, which speeds up the healing process. 5/7
- Onions contain irritating substances that cause the cough reflex to be triggered and mucus to be coughed out.
- 6 medium onions should be peeled and coarsely chopped.
- Put them on the top of a double boiler or a pan set over a pot of boiling water, along with half-cup honey, and bring to a boil.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 2 hours.
- Pour the mixture into a jar with a lid after straining it.
- Every 2 to 3 hours, take 1 spoonful of the mixture.
2 tablespoons lemon juice and 1 tablespoon honey are all that is needed to make a very easy cough syrup. Continue heating until it is warm, then take as many teaspoons as necessary. If you want a greater kick, add a little shredded onion. 7/7
In order to make a throat-soothing syrup, combine 5 or 6 cloves with 1 cup honey and refrigerate for at least one night. Remove the cloves in the morning and consume 1 teaspoon or 1 tablespoon of honey, depending on your preference. Cloves help to relieve the discomfort of a sore throat, while honey helps to calm irritated throat tissues. The original publication date was November 18, 2015.